Laptop Suggestions

Martok

Ok everyone, as my new job has me travelling all over the country, I will need to get a gaming laptop if I wish to continue to play WoW on a regular basis. The laptop I have from my company is not even close to being able to run WoW.

I know enough to purchase a good desktop, but am clueless when it comes to laptops. I would rather not drop $2k on an alienware laptop.....so what do ya'll suggest?

I hate squinting my eyes, so a 17" is almost a must.

Power and the confidence of not worryin bout anything being substandard....get more powa....give it all you can.

"Im givin it all aye can capt'n....any mur and shell blow"

"Scotty....I need warp speed NOW or there will not be anything to worry about"

***crackle....bzzzz***

"we are the borg...resistence is futile"

***tracking beam attaches to USS Buzzelli***

(its a business expense for you remember....write it off since new tax law allows complete write off of equipment NOT replacing a previously purchased unit...previous work unit you did not buy and is not actually yours...new one will be yours...and you can choose to depreciate it over 3/5 yrs or one time shot)

Stinky -- my Dell Inspiron 8600 that I bought in 2004 ran WoW just fine, the only issue I had was with the crappy hotel wifi, not my laptop. It's a widescreen so even your squinty eyes should be fine. I got a 1.6 ghz, 512 RAM, and a Radeon 9600 Proturbo video card so definitely not top of the line but as I said, it handled WoW fine.

The reason I gave it to Tainish (lucky husband!) is because I don't care for widescreen and I wanted something a little lighter. I just bought an HP Pavillion and haven't yet loaded WoW on it since I'm not yet traveling.

Hope that helps!

What do you mean you can't use TS? If you ever hear me on TS, it's through my Mac! They've got Vent for Macs, too.

Since you don't want to drop 2 grand on a computer, I can't really recommend a Mac for you, but I sure love mine! (Even if it is four years old. :tease: )