AQ20-2

Relikk

I put up a second AQ20 raid, to run tomorrow night (Saturday July 8th) at 8 p.m.

This will not conflict with Sundays raid as AQ20 resets early Sunday morning at 3 a.m.

Oh hey now...would you need an extra warriors? :devil:

BOOYAH! Took me a bit to remember my password but you got yourself a meat shield!

Edited by Yud

With short notice I knew it would be tough. Also, many players are doing the 40man thing or taking the night off / vacations.

Ironically, on Sunday I had the option to join 3 different AQ/ZG raids as most guilds don't bother posting them. I went and got the item I most wanted from AQ - Manual of Heroic Strike rank 9! I am stoked!!! =) Damage is effectively doubled and on par with Mortal Strike.

I've been reading alot about Heroic Strike and Mortal Strike. Some raiding guilds disallow Mortal Strike completely other than healing encounters such as the Sulfuron encounter. However, other guilds permit it's use on all mobs other than bosses (good read at Bloodmoon Chosen forum). Non-boss mobs die within 1 minute so this makes curse of doom completely ineffective. I have seen all too many times that 1 more dot would have killed a boss at 1% health, only to not be there due to a mortal strike taking it's place. Something to think about anyways.

My opinion is to permit Mortal Strike on all trash mobs except on boss fights where it is not necessary. Arms specced warriors can use the Mortal Strike until at least they get the heroic strike 9, which uses only 10 rage (specced accordingly) instead of the 30 that mortal strike uses.

One final consideration is the damage that warlock dots do is not just 3200 points, there is also the caster damage modifiers that haven't been factored in (i.e. equipment that modifies the spell damage).

Rel

Edited by Relikk

I really don't understand why they would disallow MS. HS makes sense, it's an aggro generator but the only aggro generation from MS comes from the damage and there's no way that damage can compete against a tank who knows what he's doing. Course there are still those who think sunder doesn't generate aggro after 5 have been applied. Hehe.

As I said that night man, sorry I had to bail on you but it was getting late, my guild needed me for a BRD run, and I saw no hope of getting the run going anytime soon. Deffinatly let me know when you want to run another one. I'll be there with bells on.

The objection to MS usually stems from available debuff slots being filled/pre-assigned to maximise damage potential or serve another very specific purpose....I'm pretty sure we all know this, but worth restating for those that may not have. That being said, there are some guilds/raids that operate in a strict "this is how we fight all of the time" mode and don't vary from it unless something stinky hits the fan. As such, they like their trash fights to go exactly the way their boss fights go with little-to-no variance, including sunder count for DPS calls, debuff slot assignments, etc. We tend to be more fluid and flexible, which I enjoy about our raids.

Personally, I don't object at all to the use of MS during any fight if curse of doom isn't being used or isn't an option for a particular phase of an encounter...or if it will displace something with a greater benefit (shadows/elements and such). I think our warriors have good heads on their shoulders and can make the call unless we want to start assigning the debuff slots on everything.