Do your Research

Maube

Bumping this. Good read.

We are going to have to lay into some heavy DPS and try and get Rag down to 40% on phase 1 within 3 minutes before the 8 sons spawn.

Suggestion: Greenbull or Alhazad wait for Rag, hunters should have traps up in the south to meet the rushing sons who will head there. Each warrior will grab a son and tank it there. Mages frost nova. No fear is to be used, we can banish as many as we need, so long as one is not banished as Rag considers a banished one as dead. We've got to kill them within 1.5 minutes as Ragnaros will appear again. All mana users stay to the SW or SE and AOE while tanks keep them occupied.

Rel

yup, As long as there is someone within melee range, DPSers can go all out DPS. and I mean ALL OUT DPS.

Tonight gunna move the Ranged a bit closer to where the sons converge because it took us too long to get over there and kill them.

Suggestion: Greenbull or Alhazad wait for Rag, hunters should have traps up in the south to meet the rushing sons who will head there. Each warrior will grab a son and tank it there. Mages frost nova.

A couple concerns with the above:

The guide was written when it was possible to stay out of combat by staying out of range or line of sight (several of their guides reference paladins staying out of combat for rez options). Given the changes to instance combat with bosses, I'm not sure this is possible anymore...and since hunters need to be out of combat to drop a trap, I'm not sure this will work. Hunters care to comment?

Frost nova is *very* dangerous for mages as it does do damage and draws immediate aggro to us (contrary to popular belief, ice block is NOT an aggro wipe like feign death is for hunters). Last time, I tried running in, dropping a nova, and blinking out, but then had at least two sons chasing me for the remainder of the attempt last time. Since I blinked back towards the casters, this was a really bad thing. If we do nova them in place, we may need someone with an area taunt to blow it, which could also cause some problems if they get overwhelmed.

If we can have a warrior or druid on each son, I don't mind tossing the nova out there, but it doesn't last very long and will end up mana burning our entire caster group if even one gets loose. Since we have a few Tauren warriors, might I suggest a warstomp rotation to stun them for a few extra seconds instead to allow everyone time to pick up their targets?

One more thing...frost nova puts a mage within the range of mana burn. I blew an unreal amount of mana last time on Rags (messed up my gem timer rotation too early) and didn't have much left for the sons, so the mana burn pretty much removed me from the rest of the fight and I ran around smacking things with my sword and whopping 38ish AP....if we can avoid getting casters within range of them at all, it would probably be best until we're all better equipped FR-wise.

Edited by Waldonnis