SWG2 and SWG to be saved?

jingming

Anyways I was surfing the net when I came across this rumor and I just had to share it with you guys.

Ok, this is just for your amusement. Granted, when I heard the nge rumor, I laughed my ass off as well. Made it easier for $OE to pick it up and ram the nge up there I guess. I claim NOTHING here, and I have neither confirmed it NOR do I believe it. So I don't want the fanbois or skeptics to go Nyaaah Nyaah.. you were wrong.. because I don't believe it now. The minute I hear it IS true from my credible sources, I'll preach it as gospel.. but now I just throw it out there as fodder, since it has been so quiet.

And I also want to say WHY I don't believe it... because it is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. It plays into everything us despirate expatriates WANT to believe. Read and see if you feel the same way.

But here goes...

If you want to know more, you can connect this url http://favgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350#350

there is usually some truth in every good lie, as this is probably a bit embellished...but its become obvious im sure to even the idiots at SOE, and LA, that the game will not survive in its current state. Personally I believe that if Bioware does take over you can expect a strong influence by pre-cu and cu both but as far as the NGE bull######, may continue to see a higher importance of questing but I doubt it would be as dependent on quests as it is now, much like Guild Wars and WoW, best of both worlds. But beyond all that has been said, it could all be just a wet dream among the Star Wars faithfuls, and who knows, we may just see SWG die, and it will die soon, and it could very well be the end of the story. A new mmorpg, releasable by 2007? I just dont see it, it takes years to develop a good mmorpg, even if they use old SWG as the core, it would take quite a while just to clean up the existing code to be as stable as the higher quality mmorpgs, then add in all that they would want. But even though, i'll buy into that wet dream, can't hurt can it.

Arkan', not only do I miss gaming with you, I also miss your postings :).

I have been one of the few that has kept there account in SWG just to see what's goin on in game. I'm telling you, it's not good :(. I remember not to long ago that the outpost on Dant was so packed that everyone lagged horribly. I have logged 8 times in the past few months and never see more than 5 people there. As far as I'm concerned and I'm really sorry to say, Eclipse is a dead server. If these rumors of a new SWG are true, I would most likely try it. Until then. . .

ITC is and always will be my first home, I'll remember everyone there.

Arkan', not only do I miss gaming with you, I also miss your postings >:L.

I have been one of the few that has kept there account in SWG just to see what's goin on in game. I'm telling you, it's not good :p. I remember not to long ago that the outpost on Dant was so packed that everyone lagged horribly. I have logged 8 times in the past few months and never see more than 5 people there. As far as I'm concerned and I'm really sorry to say, Eclipse is a dead server. If these rumors of a new SWG are true, I would most likely try it. Until then. . .

ITC is and always will be my first home, I'll remember everyone there.

It would be great to have another chance to join up with you all again, outside of WoW that is :devil:

Hopefully with a new SWG run by someone that doesn't spend all their time fixing imaginary problems, in turn creating more real problems. But despite the poo slinging monkeys at SOE and LA, of all the games i've quit, SWG is the only one I truly miss logging on to. Its just not the same without having you farting everywhere stinking up the server, Sei kicking my ass, Kevo loot whoring with me, Ashtra running from CL1 mobs, hell I even miss Opi, well ok, maybe not, just miss making fun of him maybe. Sigh...

::cries like a little ######::

Archived