Tips on how to complete Anthion's Strange Request

Volonazra

Well if you dont know, part of upgrading your Tier 0 armor requires you to rampage through UDstrat and pull the Baron in 45min. Those that have tried it already know this is difficult. So, lets compile some tips and share our info.

Here is what Ive learned:

**Voice communication is highly recommended.

**This map shows the recommended route http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/Pro...atholmePath.jpg

**Timer starts upon touching the second gate.

**Groups of level 60s stand the best chance of avoiding time consuming fights. Skip all mobs possible(to include Magistrate)

**Chain pulling is key. Do not wait until each battle is over to pull the next wave.

**You cannot wait for full HP/MP so potions are a big help.

**Forget about the loot, or have a predetermined system of dealing with it before lifting the second gate.

**You need to pull the Baron in 44min 59sec.

**Its been recommended to have 12min spare at the Abomination area due to the delay of encounters after they are cleared. (which entails clearing 1 ziggurat about every 10mins)

**After Maleki, train/wipe/rez to the Abomination area. Saves 5 -7 mins. (not sure about this, sounds good but you loose the quest timer upon death. The timer returns but in my experience you only get 10min or 5mins back)

Anyone else got something to add here?

Edited by Volonazra

The timer doesnt stop, or change you just lose the buff until he zone shouts again.

The training part works awesome, have a shammy, soulstoned priest, or hunter / rogue with cables that can shed aggro or snake down there. Die in the gated room, it wont close til you engage a fatty.

I am of the opinion that the Human warlocks and their pets are meant to be avoided. They are higher levels than the damn magistrate (61).I think if you concentrate on the group of ghouls you can zigzag around the zone. I have yet to test this theory.

Some points of interest.

Maleki ice blocks people (I dont ever remember him doing this before)

Ramstien stuns whoever is on top of this hate list and moves to someone else)

After Rammy dies the skeletons try and fake you out, first a few come, then seconds later the zerg comes out of the tunnel.

We easily dispatched the baron with 2 Warriors, Priest, Mage, Shaman. Disproving my theory that the Baron himself got a buff. If youre with a mage dont waste your mana on your area effects of any kind, the mage should handle the skellies alone, it takes two casts of IAE to take them out. All DPS should be on the baron, the faster he dies the less waves he spawns.

:dancing_smile: After attempting this last night, I think it's all about deciding what you're going to pull and what you're not going to pull before you head in. It's definitely a little tougher then I first expected, but overall I think you can go at a nice and steady rate if:

the MT hold all agrro possible.

CC is your friend, and learn not to break it. :dancing_smile:

Know your aggro radius, take a look around you at all times and know where you are. Also, watch for the damn gargoyles! One spawned literally RIGHT on top of me last night.

Malekei does do an ice block thing now, and Ramm does a stun(pain in the ass btw).

My ideal group setup:

Warrior

Druid

Priest

Mage

Hunter/Warlock.

Korg Baracko Chrys Vanidi and I WILL get this down.