Lava Surgers

Narsica

http://conquest.teamgbu.com/strats/moltenc...Lava_Surger.php

Background:

This is a fun mob at first, but quickly loses its appeal. It has one of the more interesting attacks in the zone. This mob will be seen zipping through the zone at high velocity. This mob respawns in 28 minutes and is one of the faster respawning mobs. There is no known way to stop him from spawning. This mob is banishable.

Attacks:

This mob has a basic single target attack that hits for about 600-800 on tanks. He will also choose a secondary target to periodically 'surge' to. Everyone near him at the time plus the person he charges will get hit with a ~800-1000 damage ability and get knocked back a few yards. The affect is much like bowling pins. Unfortunately, this ability makes this one of the more irritating fights, though we sure enjoyed it at first.

Strategy:

We make sure to time these mobs if they are going to be anywhere near us when they respawn. However, they aren't all that bad of an add since they can be banished by warlocks. We tried to put everyone right on top of him so that he woudln't surge, but this did not work and he just surged everyone at once. Since then we spread out some and just take him down. It is very rare to lose anyone on this mob, but he can be rather mana intensive.

So what you to do is have the melee go melee and have the ranged stay ranged, as well as healers. This minimizes the damage being done to the raid as whole. Sure it's frustrating to meleers that have to chase the surger as it surges, but hey that's what it does. :p

This is how DP and TBW/SD/EFF does it and it barely causes any damage to the raid.(In case you guys were wondering, I was in TBW and we were originally allied TBW/DP. DP then broke off and TBW joined with Silver Dawn and Epic Freedom Fighters...for some background info for you folks :D )

Edited by Narsica

This is what I love to see.....

Communications on strategy etc.....prepwork basically for the real thing ingame.

It is one of the primary reasons the website was created back in 1996......awsome!!!

I will add for the Surgers.....Morgh being in Mookin dramatically aided in reducing that bugger into rubble as long as he was in a group with a pair of mages....I didnt time it but it sure felt like they went down in nearly half the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if they are still giving ya trouble or not, but if you have enough priest 4-6, they just need to time their healing on the surgers. After it does it's knockback(priest needs to run in close to their grp, stop and cast PoH, then quickly flash those members in the raid w/o a priest.