New alliance race?

Narsica

Gah! Another link I can't view at work.

I was pretty sure a while back it was rumored with enough supporting evidence to be the Draenai...the ugly little guys from the Swamp of Sorrows.

I doubt they will get Murlocs. Bliz has already posted a little story on the Murlocs and their increasing numbers as a possible omen. My guess is there will be an instance in the expansion focusing on a Murloc threat, and it will probably be underwater.

Anyone up on thier lore enough to know why the Draenai would side with Alliance? I only recall a little of them from the rts game, werent they neutral to the Horde at least. IIRC they asked for the hordes help in their civil wars no?

Anyone up on thier lore enough to know why the Draenai would side with Alliance? I only recall a little of them from the rts game, werent they neutral to the Horde at least. IIRC they asked for the hordes help in their civil wars no?

Here's some info about how the draenei could/could not be on alliance's side. They're slaughtered by the orcs, yet allied with the blood elves- who are now allied with the horde(orcs included) which may make the Draenei switch to alliance for help. Just my idea anyway.

"The Draenei are one of the three primary races native to Draenor (the others being the Orcs and the Ogres). They once populated the planet heavily, but were slaughtered by the Orcs shortly after their corruption by the Warlock Gul'dan. A small number of Draenei survived, using a recessive cloaking ability. They were thought to be extinct, yet Illidan and his forces discovered and liberated one of the last surviving Draenei villages among the wastes of what is now known as Outland. The Draenei are known for being stealthy spies and assassins as their warriors can Shadowmeld at all times of day, even while moving. They are currently ruled by Akama, the Elder Sage, and are allied with Illidan's Naga and Blood Elves. The Draenei are consumed by an unquenchable bloodlust whenever they know Orcs are near. A few Draenei were led through the portal by a few unknown leaders with the hopes of finding a new life, and have settled in The Swamp Of Sorrows. Unfortunately, most of them were driven mad due to homesickness, and attack all on sight. There are a few, led by Magtoor, that remember their noble roots and survive on in the swamp separate of their mad brothers. The mad Draenei are called "The Lost Ones" in memory of their old homeworld.

Some point out that the Draenei are allied with the Blood Elves under Illidan, and use this as a basis that the Draenei would not work against their allies. This counter-argument was debunked at BlizzCon when it was revealed that the Blood Elves who are the Player Characters will be Blood Elves who were not with Kael'Thas. So if a group of Draenei were added as the new Alliance race, they would not feel any loyalty to the Horde's Blood Elves."

Part of the lore that I remember hearing about them is that they have their appearance from being so long lost from their magic power as Blood Elves...that's also why they have the name "The Lost Ones" because on their journey to search for another source of power they were left behind or "lost" on the way.

Part of the lore that I remember hearing about them is that they have their appearance from being so long lost from their magic power as Blood Elves...that's also why they have the name "The Lost Ones" because on their journey to search for another source of power they were left behind or "lost" on the way.

Yep there are some Draenei referred to as "The Lost Ones" Because they are just that- they are stuck in the Blasted Lands thanks to not being able to cross through the portal back to Outlands. Hence they lose their power or whatnot- I'm not sure if the playable race will be the ones in Outlands(most likely) or the few scattered in the Blasted Lands on EK.