SHAMAN: To heal or not to heal

Huato

Since I've ran into a lot of Shaman who refuse to heal because they have no points in the restoration tree, I thought I would post this to stir up the pot. >:L

As a hybrid class with the ability to heal, we will be called upon to heal in the end game instances. We should do this and should also heal in the battlegrounds, even if we don't points in restoration. Shaman are born at level 1 with the ability to heal and should use that to keep their party and themselves alive.

As we go through the grind to 60, enhancement works wonderfully for grinding. When you get to 40 and up, enhancement starts to lose it's power, especially in the battlegrounds against plate wearing warriors and paladins. This is where our elemental tree comes in handy...plate mitigates physical damage. So do shields. So you need to fall back on your elemental spells for maximum damage.

This leads to the next thing - gear. A lot of mid to end game gear, including greens give Shaman + healing and damage in one item. This gear is wonderful for PvE and PvP.

Since I am running out of time for this post, discuss...pick my opinions apart here and tell me why you feel that way. :innocent:

Shaman that don't heal don't know how to play their class.

Shaman that don't know how to melee don't know how to play their class.

Shaman that don't know how to cast offensive spells don't know how to play their class.

I don't care what your spec is. You can still do all 3 decently and effectively. It is just knowing when to do what that makes the shaman class so interesting.