Molten Core

Narsica

Agreed Maube, and I don't think it impossible to get to at least Luci if we have enough people show. At worst, we can kill off a bunch of trash mobs and hopefully get enough cores and maybe even some of the BoE set pieces for people. :laugh:

I agree with you Wal, playing a spec you don't like sucks. I tried the resto tree Shaman for one week and hated it. I do like the Elemental tree a lot though, but I miss the two-hand spec from enhancement. I do survive a lot longer this way though, so it works out.

Ok couple of things :laugh:

First off, noones saying that if you are Feral/Moonkin you cant ever go to MC/BWL etc. Please understand that I am speaking of is a pure effectiveness thing. You can bring 40 Druids to Onyxia, but its not going to do as well as a balanced group.

Now, the crux of the matter is this. Post 1.10, Druids will not be the same healers as priests (though still extremely good, and better than shamans). They wont do the dps of rogues / Wars/ Hunters / Mages. So, by placing a druid in a non healing spot you are in a sence "losing" overall effectiveness.

Now, you can beat encounters without being at maximum effectiveness, and it can even make it more fun. However, when people are first learning encounters, they tend to want to stack the deck in their favor as much as possible, and thats where Druids can get the shaft.

Now, its hard to see why Innervate is so damn good unless you are doing encounters that last for 15-20 minutes or more. During these encounters, innervates can allow a priest another Manabar to keep healing when downtime is not an option. Its a fanatstically good talent.

Shamans and Manatide arent in the same league, although it can be a great boon. We usually slap 4 priests in a group and swap in our few Manatide Shamans in to drop the totem, and then out again. Its a definite boon, but its not nearly the HOLY CRUD of a well placed combat rez or innervate.

Now, the sets to look at are 10 storms and Cenarion, as these are the sets you work MC/BWL for - these are definitely sets designed with the healing druid in mind. I believe that AQ may have a more pvp/feral friendly set, but that instance is really hard, even for BWL equipped raids.

A good example would be Attunement to MC run through BRD. You can do it with 3 people once you know whats up but if you have never done the dungeon before, running with 5 is a better way to learn.

Now, once you have things down pretty well its less important who you bring (Elitest Jerks 10 man Onyxia video is ample proof of this in action). This is when you can try stuff like Druids MTing Rags, and Rogues tanking Onyxia. And it certainly can be done - you just have to work a bit harder.