Hilarious Roleplay comparison

Eisaac

I have a funny story about role play systems comparison showing the downsides to each. I heard it long ago and hope not to do injustice to it.

Here goes:

They were 4 companions. 3 of them were standing in front of 3 evil creatures, the creations of the God Zenthor.

One was called "Rolly". He was faced by a fierce one-eyed orc. (representing the Rolemaster system, many books and tables)

The second was called "Super". He was faced with an evil super fast villain, flying too fast for the others to distinguish. (representing the Hero system, calculations...)

The third was called "Shadow", he was faced by a bizzare plate shod ogre. (representing Shadowrun)

Stage one:

------------

Rolly swung his sword and paused. He apologised to the orc and said "I have to check my table, how much I need to roll using a sword, subtable small, subtable piercing, subtable... the sword struck the orc an hour later...

Super started chasing the villain, while calculating: "if the villain mass is about 100p and you travel at 0.9 of the speed of light, and my weight is 120p and I travel at 0.95 of the speed of light, how long will it take me to catch the villain?" he flew (at 0.95 of the speed of light) to the local library and got a few physics, algebra and infi books.

Shadow raised his missile launcher and shot at the ogre, who disappeared in the dust made by the explosion of the missile.

Stage two:

------------

Rolly landed a hit. He again apologised to the orc and went back to the previous room to get the book labled "hitting a one eyed orc" to check the tables, to see where will the orc be cut, considering what he is wearing, and the fact that his open eye is brown and he has a short hair.

Super sat with the villain to read the books from the library.

Shadow blinked as the dust cleared and saw the ogre standing unharmed in a deep crater and thought "he must have a better defence rating than my attack rating" and shrugged. The ogre blasted Shadow with a bomb and shadow disapeared in dust.

Stage three:

--------------

Rolly went home to find the book saying what happens if you hit the second eye of a one eyed orc.

Super and his villain sat down crying over the torn remains of the mathematic books.

Shadow blinked as the dust cleared and thought "At least my defence rating is better then his attack rating, too" and he invited the ogre to a game of bones in the center of the crater.

Stage four:

-------------

Then the God Zenthor appeared in red smoke and booming voice and said: "My minions may have failed, but you can expect only a horrible death."

At the point came a small person to the room. It was the fourth companion (representing AD&D) "Sorry guys", said Invincible. "it took me some time to pack half a ton of equipment into my belt pouch, and my horse into my backpack". Then, he drew his diamond bow, shot 4 arrows and impaled the 3 monsters and one annoying fly.

Zenthor said "you puny people!!! I will crush and grind you and your souls will suffer eternal damnation..... MUAHAHAHAHA"

" 'Death', is not in my dictionary" said Invincible. He smiled and charged Zenthor with a +150 sword against dramatic gods... :D