Question regarding Faction

Huato

I have not found a definitive answer on this yet, so I am asking here...is there any benefit to getting to Exalted with your own faction (i.e. Me being Tauren, getting to Exalted with Thunder Bluff?) ?

I know that with the other factions (Org, UC, Trolls, etc) you can get their mounts for it, but wasn't sure if there was any benefit to doing it with my home faction.

I have not found a definitive answer on this yet, so I am asking here...is there any benefit to getting to  Exalted with your own faction (i.e. Me being Tauren, getting to Exalted with Thunder Bluff?) ?

I know that with the other factions (Org, UC, Trolls, etc) you can get their mounts for it, but wasn't sure if there was any benefit to doing it with my home faction.

You get a discount. 20% instead of 10%.

Has anyone gotten to exalted to verify that? Here's what the WoW Site had on the various levels of factions, and is the reason I asked in the first place:

Exalted - Highest level of accolade attainable with a faction

Revered - Special reputation level reserved for special heroes

Honored - 10% discount on bought items from vendors

Friendly - Standard reputation level for factions on a players team

Neutral - Standard reputation level for factions not on a players team that are not KOS

Unfriendly - Cannot buy, sell, or interact

Hostile - Kill on Sight

Hated - Kill on Sight; all opposing team factions are set permanently to this level

I was curious to see if it was worth while to do this with the home faction or to do this with say UC because I think it would look cool to see a Tauren on one of their epic Skeletal horses :alcoholic:

After some debte with a party I was in last night, and further thought...is it possible for Tauren to ride anything other than the Kodo's and the Frostwolf mounts?

I've heard both ways so far, but no concrete evidence.

I saw that...the WoW stuff says that Tauren can still only ride Kodos and the AV Frostwolves though.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics...#transportation

You can check out the info there...of course there's always the chance that Blizzard didn't update their site, but they have updated a lot of stuff ahead of 1.9, so I am not sure it's possible to ride other mounts yet.