What type of Guild should PGoH be in SB?

Martok

Remember, there are other types of guilds, but they are too restrictive.  Some guilds only allow elves, or dwarves.  Or certain types of characters such as mages or mercenaries.  You can belong to any type of guild, but you will have a penalty to your character if it is not one of the "preferred types".

More information on SB guilds

I'm completely biased in terms of a Military structure.  It's what I enjoy the most in UO.  I would certainly go along whatever the final decision happened to be from  a PGoH standpoint but that's my preference

I say Noble. Works for both Humans and Elves.

While the High Kingdom and the Ten Kingdoms that came before it have all been swept away by the winds of war and disaster, there are still some among the Sons of Men who claim greatness based on the blood of ancient kings. Many of the ancient Noble Houses of the Sons of Men died out in the strife that followed the Turning, but some still endure, calling upon ancient loyalties and using ancient fortunes to wage war against their enemies and try to regain Cambruin's throne. Most Noble Houses have an elite family or bloodline at their core, but in recent years coalitions of successful merchants have forced themselves into the ranks of the nobility. Every house recruits a host of retainers, loyal for life, who serve as advisors, masters of arms, scribes, or court wizards. A precarious web of kinship, alliances, feuds, and rivalries exist between the Noble Houses, and conflict can erupt among them without any warning.

Preferred Race:  Humans

Guild Hall:  Keep

Guild Ranks:  

Serf

Vassal

Scion

Exultant

Lord / Lady

Baron / Baroness

Count / Countess

Duke1 / Duchess1

King2 / Queen2

Emperor2 / Empress2

"• Guilds can swear fealty to other Guilds (even organizations of other types,) thereby forming allegiance trees and setting the political landscape. In this manner, the 'Guild' can grow over time, as new organizations are pulled into the fold. Eventually the concept of the 'guild' blurs, and the organization begins to look more like a Nation.

• To further this distinction, Guilds are bound to territory within the game. With enough power and resources, a hierarchy of guilds can conquer a city-state to use as a home base, an open marketplace, a military outpost or a mercenary stronghold.

• As more city-states are taken, the guild becomes a Kingdom. Still more will fashion a Kingdom into an Empire.

• Guilds may declare War, leading to an entirely new type of game play. Rules of engagement can arise, and intrigue and diplomacy become a valuable commodity.

• Mercenary armies can be formed, moving between guilds to appeal to the highest bidder.

• Guilds support rank structures - so Guilds can set their own recruiting policies, and players can be promoted up through the organization over time."

We may want to have PGoH be the "main guild" as a noble house.  Beyond PGoH, we could have the Elven guild, set up as a different style guild, that is sworn under PGoH.  This is similar with a mercenary guild, a dwarven hold guild, etc.....

this will allow us to go from a city-state to a kingdom to a true EMPIRE

I agree that this will allow PGoH to become a true Empire, but this means a lot of changes.

Remember that since SB guilds have pre-defined ranks (not sure how customizable they are) it may be hard to keep some of the politcal structure we have now...

I like the legion strucutre; the SoW, Imperator, Centurion, etc. heirarchy. I'd much rather see PGoH become even more like a true monorachy with Borg as Emperor, and what he says is final and all obey.

I think we can all agree the senate (aside from SoW) has become pretty useless as of late, yes? ???

I agree Coldren.  Besides Wolf, I haven't seen any Senate around.  I've seen Suin a couple times but she's Senate AND phalynx so thats alittle different.  I saw Keith once before he left and from there I don't know anyone else on the Senate.  Maybe we just need to revamp the Senate for the time being??  Get some active people who are on quite a bit to bring life back into the Senate. What does everyone think??

Quote from Wolf, posted on

What? You speak of UO within this forum.  Have you no respect for the almighty Shadowbane. :D

WoOoT! :D

I said PGoH Lan, I never mentioned *puts up a hex symbol with his fingers*The "U" word..... :D

Ahhh... the all mighty Shadowbane... :love:

I believe that in order to maintain the same structure as we have now we would have to be basically two guilds... a military legion sworn fealty to a noble house. The Emperor and Senate belonging to the Noble house while the legion (Appropraitely) Belonging to the Military Legion.

Archived