Skullcrushin' Times

Judius

Guys, it hit me tonight, and some were there to see it.

A skullcrusher argent dawn joke WoW newspaper.

Think about it... a pirate badass as the editor (me), a lovably STOOPID Orc running everything from food reviews (Muru: Venture corps premium choice winez hab guud zing... BUT ME STILL KLOMP!), an editorial, and many more.

The ideas just keep coming. All I know is this will be done. And it will be made into an Skullcrusher Staple- no, an Argent Dawn staple.

Ramel said he may be able to contribute webspace, thought I believe he said he would probably need help with the design aspect.

This post is vague, but if you are interested in the prospect of an awesome web based publication, with the hillarity and awesomeness that is the Skullcrusher roster, please, let's get the thought ball rolling.

:cool::yub:

SKULLCRUSHIN' TIMES!

What little knowledge I had of HTML and PERL has long since faded, but...

INTEREST INTEREST INTEREST!!!

Marjaan would like to write a Gourmet Cooking column, I think... that just hit me!

I could write something else with Lurr too... maybe something outdoorsy, hunting, or weather? Dunno...

My only demand is: Muru must write something. :cool:

I am going to tightly organize this project. It's not a joke- it's a project about making jokes :cool:

So, STEP ONE:

All who wish to be a part of this most wonderful of projects, MUST download the ICQ chat program, at http://www.icq.com/ . We will be using this communicate outside of game, so as not to pollute guild chat more than we must.

My nickname and ICQ number are as follows:

Judius: 224-125-375

Take some time to get accquainted with the interface and how to add folks, and lets get a nice ring of folks going.

Edited by Judius

I actually used to do a weekly interview with a member of the community back with WoW-RA (WoW Roleplaying Association). Called it the Rhoach Report.

I'd be willing to contribute the interviews. Would kinda be nice to get back into the swing of things. Count my happy ass in.

But.... do I *have* to get ICQ? /whine

Hey all.

It's Ramel.

I can help with the HTML web site layout, but all I know is HTML and a little javascript. I can't write for ######, so I won't be much help in that department.

I'm sure any help is welcome. I more than likely wont be a part of the actual leg work involved in designing the site, as I have zero experience in it. Leave your email and ICQ # in the other thread, for that purpose, and I'll get you the information as it comes.

Ug der; asuzual-Muru late!!

Rrararwwrghh!

Muru alwaze willin' ta blah a funi tale!! (God knows, my many years gotta be good fer sumtin' besides borin' my kids:)) :yahoo:

Edited by muru

I've looked through a number of websites, but I can't find something that quite touches on the feel I want.

I want people to log onto this site and feel like they are reading a ridiculous Horde newspaper. Maybe a "stone tablet" theme, but one maintaining the collumned, ordered, headliney, fake advertising feel that is a newspaper.

I'll keep looking, but hopefully that helps you grasp what I want out of the finished product.

Just keep looking. We can hack whatever you find to fit mambo.

I have the beta site up here:

http://stimes.thehonorempire.net/

I need to install some other features before working on templates. That template is the hogwarts one for mambo.

We can also use the logos from the main website (The big skull).

It's got the right feel, but it looks like a regular website. I'd like to avoid having all the links and such piled onto the left side ala the WoW website, to opt for a more true newspaper feel. The key will be making people almost forget they are reading a website.

The scroll look on the left, maybe we could make that more prevalent? I'm liking how that looks.

As well, I'm wondering what you think of adding a user forum (not the project forum I suggested earlier) so that, should it be enough of a hit, we can grow a little fan base?

In addition, I want to make sure all pictures posted are enlargable. I would also like to see icons that will indicate, beyond text who is writing what- think of it like the little mugshot above editorials in a newspaper. Muru in a winetasting beret, baby!

Nice work thus far! Gonna do a little scouting before I set in on writing a paper, maybe I'll find something cool..

Edited by Judius

Elements from specific sites I'd like to see, possibly:

worldofwarcraft.com - I like two things here. One, the papery background all the news comes on is alot like what I'm looking for, though it could stand to look a bit more aged. Also, if you look behind the top WoW Community Site logo, there is a reinforced metallic looking border, running the horizontal length of the site, I feel this might make a good addition to our look. What I don't like here, however, is the background, it doesn't blend well with the rest, and leaves the sides feeling empty. This might be a space we could stick some joke advertisements in?

worldofwar.net - this is what I want to avoid- a generic, allakhazam look alike database site. Ugly.

http://wowvault.ign.com/ - this is only so much better than worldofwar.net, and other sites like it. The background isnt that ugly windows 95 hardened puke. The only thing I like here is the color scheme, though it isn't very creative.

http://wow.ogaming.com/ - Jesus, does every major WoW site out there look like this? Let's avoid the slew of links and such on the left, I think it'd be refreshing to readers to have a different arrangement. key will be not bogging it down with unfamiliarity.

While on the subject of avoiding the left column o' links, why don't add to the front page columned feel I'm looking for by adding a column for this? Think about it, every front page paper has a small section deatailing what else is in there..

Ok, I've looked at 20+ WoW sites, and it's simply an abysmal slew of sameness. For a true idea of what I want, pick up the paper in the morning, look at the collumn structure, and imagine you are an orc picking up a big stone framed scroll. :)