Skullcrushin' Times

Judius

Ok. Ok. Since I see that this idea has some solid support. I will commit some time to helping with Graphics. Judius and Bal. I see the parchment style background. Do you want to stay with the same theme or go more of a stone theme. I'll need your thoughts on how you want the overall thing to look as I can mess around with bal's template as well with some standar graphics etc...

Nornmally I'd dive right in as I enjoy doing the stuff when I have the time. Unfortunately that's in short supply these days so I'll need a good understanding of your "vision" for the graphics

Cheers.

No problem Wolf- we are happy to have any support we can get!

Picture if you will, a parchment look, upon which the actual text will be. I hope to have this look "embedded" into a stone border (the stone will frame it). The parchment look we have now is a step in the right direction, but it seems a little dull and lifeless to me- any way we could get a more vibrant looking parchment? Also, I should like to see the metal border worldofwarcraft.com uses, or something like it, to further accent the stone bordering. Just take full artistic license, I'm confident you can come up with something great.

As for colors- I love the look of the skullcrusher.com site. The reds, the flames, the black, all colors you picture when you think "Horde". I might attempt to get a good group shot, or individual mugshots to use for a banner along the top.

The key will be, though, to maintain the Newspaperish feel. The column structure Bal drew up for us looks good to me! The biggest conflict I see happening will be melding the concept of a modern newspaper with a brutish, barbaric (hordeish) feel.

And as a final note- I love the frayed banner looking things on skullcrusher.com, and the shield is a must- I think we should make it our mark.

Edited by Judius

Any update on this front? :vader:

I'm just in the process of re-fitting my pc to be able to do my graphics. Have been able to get one of my main programs up and running (poser). Getting my graphic program cd's back from a friend hopefully tomorrow so I can bang some stuff out

Wolf is busy, but the site has been sitting long enough.

I'd rather have it up and running and being used then sitting there collecting dust.

What domain names are you interested in? wownews.com, stimes.com, skullcrushntimes.com… or what? I'll have Borg (Morgh) buy them and switch the website over to one, while the rest (if any) are pointers. Wolf can come up with a template/graphics over time. Maybe we'll have a contest on the website in order to get the newspaper's name out.

Also, who will be authors (can't publish news, but can write it), editors (can edit anyone, but not write, they might be able to set a news item to published, I'll need to check on that), publishers (can do everything to anyone whenever they want).

I like skullcrushntimes.com , seems easy to remember and advertise.

On the subject of roles, I think I will likely be bowing out of my editor roll, and into perhaps a on again, off again contributors roll, as I will be leading my Pirates guild soon. I would be happy to play counsel on direction, as I still have a very clear picture in my head of where I saw this going.

I like skullcrushntimes.com , seems easy to remember and advertise.

On the subject of roles, I think I will likely be bowing out of my editor roll, and into perhaps a on again, off again contributors roll, as I will be leading my Pirates guild soon. I would be happy to play counsel on direction, as I still have a very clear picture in my head of where I saw this going.

T.H.E. will host and support these times you are all looking to run....there are alot of wrinkles you could add in (music, video and radio) aspects in the future if this project creates a solid ground base and following support.

T.H.E. website has the resouces to support it.....just need the bodies to maintain its LIVING editions (ongoing content/series/versions)

To also answer a future question....Yes....this is an aspect that could be supported in ALL of our website game/guildpages.....the key is personell.....committed and willing to fill the role and expand thier and their brethren's gaming experience .....reporting/newspapers using story, screenshot, music videos etc are ALWAYS a great thing IF and ONLY IF they are continual.

CoH Music Videos are AWSOME by one of PoH team.

UO's Ongoing content from PGoH was AWSOME to the point it DIRECTED ALL of UO's storyline/content in MANY places

SWG ITC player participation and ingame support brought LORD VADER to interact with our members thru Syban's leadership

I am POSITIVE the Skullcrusher lead units that take this endeavor will undoubtably make a mark on all of WoW......

the same goes for future games.....piracy....I already can see Judius planning out his blackmarket-shadowy newsprint.....heheh

Judius...I would suggest using your role in the Skullcrusher Times as a way to be a training tool for yourself for your pirate future reporting.......The Brotherhood of Blood.....Blood Trials Report....week 1....etc etc....as a potential guild/newsprint etc etc..

A good idea, however, I will no be playing a Pirate... at least not the illegal variant.

The two members on board for sure, and I, have decided we will play a British Privateer and Merchants guild... in otherwords... Pirates with a letter saying "oh, we arn't pirates, kthx. Signed, King George."

I'm sure I can figure something interesting out :D