A young Tauren goes to the big city

Guest Guest_Father Ribs_*

Guest Guest_Father Ribs_*

As a young bull, Pale-Fur was known for getting into trouble. Not that he even intended for it to happen, but fate had a way of ushering him along paths to hasty decisions.

Like the idea of a Tauren climbing a tree.

Youthful entheusiasm enabled the young bull to claw his way to the top of the swaying branches, and the view was spectacular. What the local residents of the tree thought about a giant pale-furred ground dweller resting his hairy backside on their nest high above the ground was never made clear, as 400 pounds of Tauren caused the tree's truck to bend, sway, and finally shatter, sending Pale-Fur headfirst into the ground.

He woke up with a terrible headache, one ruined horn, and a new name care of his herd: Falls-Far. Since that fall, Falls-Far had become more thoughful of what his actions would lead too. Sometimes he would stand dead-still, lost in the decision of which hoof to put forward first. This new thoughtfullness impressed the elders, always on the lookout for the less-impetuous members of the herd to groom as future leaders or advisors.

And so Falls-Far was gradually introduced to the way of the Shamen. Patient, thoughtful, but still occassionally putting curiosity before safety, he wandered far from his herdhome and ended up in the great city of his kin, a very young and inexperienced (yet loathe to admit it) Tauren, watching the crowd of people as they passed, including the Forsaken (who made him very uncomfortable, and yet curious), and the orcs, saviors of the Tauren against the hated centaurs. Would he find friends among these brash, aggressive warriors, or older, wisher folk to lead him down the path chosen for his life?

He will see.

The young bull is seen around the ridges at the foot of the Tauren seat of power, his armor so covered with armor patches his arms seem swelled larger than an orc berserker's. An exasperated teacher makes certain that Falls-Far learns all the secrets of healing and patching armor, and tries not to think about maybe he was dropped TOO far on his head.

"Hello orc brothers," Falls-Far will look up to every orc as if they, personally, pushed back the rampaging centaurs. Sometimes he will shadow a group of warriors, watching intently as they fight, examining the bodies and practicing his bandaging skills on foes too far gone to complain.

((Thanks! I was a player and then DM for two+ years on a hardcore RP NWN server, it was esentially D&D played online, about 180 degrees from what most MMORPGs are like, but everything has it's strenghts and weaknesses.

There's a lot I like about the game design of WoW, and the best way to improve the experience is find "good" (whatever that means) players to play with. Hopefully I've found such folks, and I plan to give as well as I get.))