Join me in Blacklisting Curik?

Judius

Last night, Gord and I were on a very late running (4:30 am -_-) UBRS Raid, during which I was fairly lucky with some rolls against a fellow rogue Curik. When we killed the first Fire Elemental Boss (before the Rookery) he dropped a decent necklace giving a bonus to strength, stamina, and crit chance (1%). After rolling, he had won, though he decided to give it to me- a nice gesture. Even after having /telled him to make sure he was alright with it, he insisted I take it, and continue to roll on anything that may come up, noting though, that he really wanted the Dal'Rend main hand, if it dropped.

We got to Rend, killed him, and no Dal'Rend- however, The Eye of Rend (very nice Rogue headpiece, strength, stamina, and 2% crit bonus) did drop, and after /telling him out of courtesy to see if he would like to roll alone on it, I got not reply, so I decided I should go ahead and roll, and I won. After this Curik speak up on Raid chat and says "Ugh, Afk a minute, I need to go outside and slit my throat"- He had rolled, and lost to me, and rolled lower than another. I assumed this to be joking, though I again /telled him to ensure that he was alright with it- I did feel bad, though truth be told, I had done nothing wrong. (Keep in mind that this raid leader clearly stated that he was NOT using the 1 Blue 1 Set rule- he only asked that we be fair in not rolling on multiple boss items, and I felt two was good enough- have to get lucky some nights, right?

I told him that I would let him have solo roll on any loot drak or the beast my drop, to which he said "No, you're cool".

The raid proceeded from there, as normal, and we were all getting tired. Got booted once due to a server hiccup, but we killed Drak and the Beast without a hitch. Raid ended, I went to sleep.

Wake up, get on WoW, look in my mailbox, and I get a letter from Curik reading something to the effect of (I may have a word or two wrong here, but it was strongly worded): "THANKS.... for helping me waste a load of time, and coming out with nothing at all. What a ###### ######."

This is exactly as it happened- so, before I contact his guild leader (Royal Order of Purgatory), anyone have some input?

Edited by Judius

It sounds as if you had done what you could to be fair and just with this fellow. I sympathize with your situation. I encourage you to take it up with him, personally. If he continues harassment after you specifically tell him to stop (take screen shot or log the convo), report him. Do NOT retaliate in anger, it will only perpetuate the situation. Also, it will give you no less ground to stand on if you need to take action against him. Talking to his guilds leadership may or may not get you anywhere. Most likely, they already have heard his version of the story and probably doesnt reflect your account at all. Anyhow, these experiences are why I have sought out like minded people to adventure with (ie Argentcovenant). I do not recommend pick up groups if you wish to retain your sanity.

Will do. I did speak to one of his guilds officers, to see if I could possibly get him to unignore me, that I might talk the situation over him, that was last night though, before I saw the post- I'm really sorry if I jumped the gun.

What do you suggest I do? I mean I don't want to start a big stink, but I certainly don't want to be blacklisted for raids because of this guy.

Edited by Judius

Will do. I did speak to one of his guilds officers, to see if I could possibly get him to unignore me, that I might talk the situation over him, that was  last night though, before I saw the post- I'm really sorry if I jumped the gun.

What do you suggest I do? I mean I don't want to start a big stink, but I certainly don't want to be blacklisted for raids because of this guy.

Doubtful that will happen. This isnt the first I have heard of Curik. Give me a chance to look into this more and I will let you know. If he contacts you in game, respond respectfully and coureously - Id expect no less of you but just to make sure you are on the same page :).