New Paragons

New Monster AI

Hundreds of new craftables and wearables

New tameables, new rideables

New super bosses, toughest ever

Container and Item Labeling

New Spellweaving skill, group spell casting for 2-5 mages

Craftable artifacts

Talismons, new equipment slot (probably like jewlery with new properties)

Hundreds of quests, all new quest engine

Partly instanced dungeons, players can lock other players out of dungeons

New House tiles

House parrots

House Aquarium

Runic Kits for Feltching and Carpentry, greatly expanded

New dungeons have mirrors in both Trammel and Felucca!

No new land mass, only dungeons and town

New types of wood

Recipe Scrolls for crafting items

No BODs

Body parts of monsters, like trophies

Other Notes:

-- New squirril animal, tameable

-- Tameable, rideable wolf creature

-- Can change current human characters to an elf through difficult quests

-- Can change from elf back to Human

-- Aquarium can be filled with caught fished

-- No power scrolls outside of Felucca

Developer Leurocian gives more details about group spellcasting:

Quote:

Group casting only affects the creation of the arcane focus object that each arcanist (the official title of a spellweaving caster) receives while participating in the casting of an arcane circle. Once the arcane circle is cast and the arcane focus is received, the arcanists' spellweaving spells will be increased such as damage, area of effect, duration, etc. This increase, however, is not exponential and shouldn't cause any major unbalances in PvP. During beta, we will be looking very closely at player feedback just in case there is a particular spell or combination that is overpowering and adjust accordingly.

Quote:

I should also mention that there is a cap of 5 arcanists for a given arcane circle casting.

Quote:

Here is an example.

Let's say the duration of a spell is normally 5 minutes. But if 5 arcanists are participating in an arcane circle and have received an arcane focus, the duration may be extended to 10 minutes (+1 minute per additional arcanist). So typically the bonus is +1 unit per additional arcanist.

Quote:

Basically, arcane circle is a spellweaving spell. There is also a pentagram like object in game called an arcane circle - that is craftable as a house addon and public.

One casting arcanist and up to four other arcanists stand inside the arcane circle and the casting arcanist invokes the arcane circle spell, while the others just add to the potency of the casting simply by standing inside the circle with the caster.

Once the arcane circle spell is cast, each player character standing inside the circle receives a gem like object called an arcane focus. While this item is carried by an arcanist, her spellweaving spells will be augmented in power with the power level scaled based on the number of arcanists who participated in the arcane circle casting (cap of 5 arcanists per arcane focus). The arcane focus cannot be traded and if it is dropped it is destroyed. The arcane focus lasts for several hours.

Hope this helps clarify this more.

Quote:

• Gift of Renewal

Helps with health regeneration and the possibly of curing poison

• Immolating Weapon

Is a spell that adds fire damage to a weapon. This cannot be cast if other spells such as consecrate weapon, curse weapon, etc. are already under effect.

• Attune Weapon

Works against the enemies weapon and reduces their damage with their weapon by 50% for a limited duration. This will need to be closely monitored during beta.

• Thunderstorm

Does some area of effect damage and possibly reduces spell cast recovery effective for a limited duration (I need to verify the latter part of this - I'm at home and the design doc is not handy).

• Nature's Fury

Is like a blade spirit sort of effect that gets stronger as the nature's fury takes damage.

So these spells don't necessarily stack onto a caster as buffs. Only two of these are a buff.

He has more to say about other things:

Quote:

Ok, one other cat to let out of the bag.

I also programmed barding AI for satyrs and dryads and the like. These critters can provoke critters onto player characters and player controlled critters. Discord and Targeted Peacemaking also work against players and player controlled critters as well.

Player character bards in the Felucca facet will be able to provoke critters onto player characters again. Discord and Targeted Peacemaking, however, will not work on player characters in PvP.

more info in this link!

The following was posted on the UO U.Hall forum, by EvilMantis (Programmer, Ultima Online):

Comment: I gather is a sort of replacement for the BOD system with regard to the Crafting skills that don't already have BOD systems?

EvilMantis: It's not really a replacement as it is an alternative. By that I mean an extension to the existing BOD system is still possible. We'll have to see which way players like more.

Comment: Will the other Crafting skills, Blacksmithy and Tailoring have this quest system available to them?

EvilMantis: Not in this expansion.

Comment: Since there is a need, will one of the rewards of this new Crafting system be Powerscrolls for the other Crafting systems it supports (yes with many craftables having over 100 in these skills would be helpful). It seems only fair that all Crafting skills have the same skill potential and Powerscrolls seem to be an obvious reward choice for this system.

EvilMantis: We didn't create new powerscrolls for this expansion.

Comment: Recipe Scroll and Rare/Unique Recipes

Can you please expand a bit on what these are, how they will be aquired please?

EvilMantis: These are items you obtain through questing that give you crafter the ability to make the new items introduced in this expansion. Some recipes are rarer than others and those typically are for artifact type weapons and armor.

Comment: New Runic Kits

There was definately one for Fletching and Carpentry, but what about Tinkering, for magical jewelery? That was mentioned, but I don't think a clear answer was given as to whether or not that was even a feature.

EvilMantis: Tinkering will not have a runic kit, but crafting magical jewelry will be possible by obtaining the appropriate recipes in addition to some of the new special crafting ingredients.

Comment: Since we apparently will be able to make Runic bow weapons, are we going to be able to enhance bow weapons as well?

EvilMantis: Of course!

Comment: Can you expand upon the new wood type resources at all?

EvilMantis: There are 6 wood types: oak, ash, yew, heartwood, frostwood and bloodwood and 4 runic kits for both carpentry and fletching.

Comment: Will the new wood types be gathered as normal wood is (via Lumberjacking)? Will the new wood types be available on every facet? Will creatures that normally drop wood such as Corpsers and Reapers drop the new wood instead?

EvilMantis: These wood types will be available to anyone lumberjacking who is running the expansion. Yes, they will be on every facet but monsters will not drop them.

Comment: Can you expand upon how Quivers will be obtained or crafted? Will they be craftable by a Fletcher? Will they only be available through the new Fletcher quest system? Will they only be craftable by Fletchers with Runic Fletching Kits? Will they drop as loot? I'm specifically wondering about the Quivers with item properties.

Quivers that give certain properties such as poison to the arrows within was mentioned. Will the poisoning be something someone with the Poisoning skill applies to the quiver, or is this simply an item property on the quiver?

EvilMantis: I don't actually know much about the quivers. I'll ask the dev who worked on those to post some info.

Comment: Crafting artifact quality items

How exactly will this be accomplished, the new Recipe Scrolls, upgrades to Runic tools or something different?

EvilMantis: There will be new recipe scrolls required to know how to make these, plus you will likely require some of the rarer ingredients.

Comment: I understand that you can't give out complete lists and descriptions, but can we possibly get some highlights and maybe a short list of new craftables and a short description? Screenshots would be hot as well...

EvilMantis: Let me try to put something together later this weekend.

One last thing I wanted to mention that I don't think got much attention yet are the new armor sets. Leurocian, speedman and few other devs added what I personally think is the coolest feature of this expansion. I don't want to steal their thunder so maybe Leurocian will go into some more detail for you all.