The Matrix: Apocalypse!

Chris

I jacked into the Matrix Online beta test this evening and was greeted with a bullet. Today pvp was enabled against seemingly random people (someone told me it went by what side of the war you're on, but some allies were red to me too). I promptly hyperjumped out of the chaos and headed toward Club Succubus in search of relative safety. As I entered the area I was afflicted with a Fire Virus, a deadly and previously unheard of program recently created by the machines. Nearing the club I heard the shouts of countless agents attempting to exterminate all humans in sight. Looking up I saw a giant eye high above the clouds and knew something was VERY wrong. I contacted some former allies from back when I worked for the machines and was informed that the matrix was being purged of all human life. Many freed minds were in mission teams with well-known personalities such as Niobe, Ghost, and others trying desperately to save all they could before the end came. I stood on a rooftop with my old friend HitokiriKnight, who by affiliation should be counted as my enemy now, watching the carnage below for several minutes. The next sound I heard was that of my neck snapping as an assassin grabbed me by the head and flipped me off the roof to the hard ground below.

Edited by Chris