Last nights HC event

Volonazra

;) Da guud: I think the event was a success overall. The event(as i understood it) was an exercise in organization, as well as, testing Alliance response to multiple threats. Both goals were met with experience gained and lessons learned (hopefully). The HC leadership did not let any and all who came join. They stuck to the plan and were not given to zerg. They have and will be getting alot of flak for this because of the mememe attitude of many gamers. They tried using teamspeak to help commo. I havent reinstalled it so cant comment on the usefullness of this. I was able to tell Morchaint i needed group and less than 30sec later got an invite. There were at least two separate raid groups of at least 3 groups of 5. The leadership seemed to coordiante betweeen them ok. Ghostsword was my raid leader and did well (with what he had to work with haha).

:nub: Da bad: We didnt get moving untill an hour later than expected. Poor execution. Group organization seemed poor. Appeared to me that they grouped like classes together. We moved on the main roads. Horrible idea imho. We stood around at our destination(Theramore) waiting too long to strike. This helped the enemy to amass a larger force than we could handle.

:) Da ugly: Many people tried to give orders resulting in mixed messages and lack of control for the leadership. Lack of discipline and failure to do what you were told led to many losses, which led to our inevitable doom. The effect of us being soo outnumbered could be felt, severly. It was sickening.

Anyhow, i had fun. Wish you were there.

Thanks for posting your experience. I am sure with time and practice Hordecraft events will get better.

The only thing you mention that suprises me is grouping like classes together. The most effective PvP groups in DAoC were well balanced groups that utilized the hit and run method. I'd like to try this with our own SoC groups.

:)

I wasn't aware of this event. Probably because I don't check the hordecraft forums (insert sheepish grin here). Could someone link big events on the hordecraft board on our board for those who only check these forums?

p.s. I resent the word olog being substituted for ugly. :)

Edited by Rhoach

I wasn't aware of this event. Probably because  I don't check the hordecraft forums (insert sheepish grin here). Could someone link big events on the hordecraft board on our board for those who only check these forums?

p.s. I resent the word olog being substituted for ugly.  :)

They are posted on these forums. Due to the nature of Raids so enemy factions are not aware they are published under our SoC members forum which is password protected to only SoC members. As such if you read that forum you would see the postings there

Cheers.