Patterns/formulas/recipes

Volonazra

While at the AH and looking for patterns i noticed a interesting fact. Nearly half or more than half of all patterns/formulas/recipes are being sold by ONE player. Have you noticed this? If not his name is Ayngwysh (40something Forsaken warrior)of the Lotus guild. I have been speaking with him on occasion. He refuses to give his "secrets" away, and says he is "only a middleman". (pfft) He is a decent player, and will try to help find any patterns he may have access to that are not on auction. Given his situation, i think he may be someone for us to be aware of. Especially since some of us are becoming highly skilled crafters. Perhaps this will be help to some of you.

Yes i have notice this to, but what most fail to notice is that he marks them up by almost 500%. Also if you bid on his auctions and nobody else does to drive the price up he will yank the auction before time is up...You have been warned.

Edited by meffio

Oh I can tell you how he finds his patterns. He most likely spends an hour or 2 a day traveling to remote locations checking merchants. Go to any little hole in the wall where there may be a general goods, tailoring supplies, or engineering vendor, (i.e Ratchet, or small camps with no flight path that only have one or 2 vendors and not much else) and on the last page of his/her sellable goods, there's always a couple plans, patterns. or schematics, depending on what type of merchant you are checking. I've gotten most of my tailoring patterns this way. If you ever wanted to one up the guy you could do this yourself and sell em at a few silver below his cost. =PP

yes, i noticed his bloated prices and heard of some of his auction practices. But....what are you going to do? i mainly mentioned this for people having hard time getting particular formuale. For ex. when i was trying to get my hands on robes of arcana pattern. He tried to help, i ended up getting it by drop (after few hours). Later, when many formulas are drop only, he may be good person to know. /shrug

Oh, I admit I do that too. I have a semi-lucrative cat-smuggling business right now. No, i'm not joking. Most sell at just over cost (generally about a gold) but sometimes I can sell a cat for upwards of 5 gold. I've even done that with alchemical recipes and tailoring recipes on occassion, but not often...when I do, I set the price at a few silver above what I bought it, and let whatever the price ends up to be be, I guess.

Trick to recipes/patterns is that if the title is WHITE then it was bought at a vendor. If it is green, then it was dropped from a mob. That's not always the case (I think enchanting recipes are always green, but not sure), but generally it is. Unless I just cannot find a white pattern (ie, azure silk gloves), then I'll buy it at the auction house. Otherwise, I just look for green recipes.