We should have an SoC Swap Meet

DashZero

It is hard to use the board as a vehicle for item requests, basically you want to be in game to see what you really need.

I was thinking we could set aside a time each week (Saturday morning maybe?) where there was NO QUESTING. We would all show up, higher level folks could hand down items to lower levels, crafters could make items to order, we could bring out all unused green or better magic items to see if they would get claimed or go to the disenchant bin.

Anyway you get the idea - it could incorporate some kind of guild meeting and maybe a group hunt afterwords.

So there is a "straw man" let's run with this and see what makes sense.

Interesting Idea. Most of the time people simply ask in the guild channel, or mail it to whomever might need it. Also, once we start doing weekly guild clomps (pretty soon here) we can simply pass/hand down items at that time.

/t Uld Lat wunt dis? [shoulders of Uberness]

Uld Whispers: ZUG ZUG!!

/t Uld Uki, me pijun lat dem. *grinz*

Anyash know if you can send a mail to "guild"? You can do that in SWG and it will send to all members of your guild. If we used that along with the shift+leftclick trick to attach info, we could mail each other our latest set up (maybe once a week).

I would send a mail saying:

Weapon: [Great Axe of Clomping]

Helm: none

Sholders: [Grulg-brand shoulders of Uberness]

Chest: [soiled Burlap]

Legs: [Chinsy Chain]

Feet: [Winged Boots of Mercury]

you get the idea...that way we could see who needs what.

Another idea is that everyone could use a row in their bankbox for armor. The bank box has 6 columns and that is what you need for armor (initially anyway).

Maybe Uld would get assigned "Level 8ish Warrior armor". I would gather all that up and put it in my bank. Then when we get a warrior that need level 8 stuff - BOOM - I can twink him out.

Maybe I am level 20 at that time and I start saving level 18 stuff for someone. The person that got all the level 8 stuff could save it to the bank as they started leveling out of it, and hand it down again...

Everyone could just do it for the class they play and then it would be easy to figure out who a new warrior should hit up for warrior stuff...one of the warriors! Mage asks mage, etc.

Anyash know if you can send a mail to "guild"? You can do that in SWG and it will send to all members of your guild. If we used that along with the shift+leftclick trick to attach info, we could mail each other our latest set up (maybe once a week).

Submit that to Blizzard!! Very cool idea.

I am going to say no to saving items for a specific class. There is not enough bank space to do so, not for me at least with blacksmithing. If you have the space to do so, great!! I would save for level 10 and above. Then around level 15 as well. It is very easy to obtain level 10, and not very long to get to 15. Perhaps the minimum level should be 15... If we have new orcs coming in all the time we can hand down items to them the moment they join, or a after a day or so to see where their loyalties lie.

At level 25 I still get items for level 11, which I either just pijun to someone or sell on auction for tabard fund.

Swap meet would be great for my enchanting, as I can't really do this by mail (unless people are willing to mail me their items, and be without them for 2+ hours while I wait for mail, then enchant, then send them back). In person, I can enchant people's armor using the trade window (not to be traded spot) and it never has to leave their inventory.

Fizit

Another idea.. since all of us crafters will be scattered about orgrimmar, is to have the peons be our deliverers. E.G. I need some fine thread, they can run over to fizit at the tailor shop and pick up some, then run back to me.

Also, I think having all the SoC orcs running around orgrimmar once a week will help to get our name known. Just keep everything in public chat IC.

I like the swap meet idea.....suggest it be very late to make the western coasters available.

Now whilst this is a bugger perhaps for the east coasters...the fact that it is just a swap meet would mean it is not timeconsuming and a set timeframe between x-y.

We could all get used to moving our characters to the specific location PRIOR to the swap meet so that if we were sleeping .......(alarm goes off) and we wakey up to swap then backy to bed.......then off to workey in mornings.

I can do anytime anynight after 10pm EST......all the way till 5am EST for swapy meet......regardless of day. I will wake up for yall.

I beleive the Romp time should be just that........same system......predesignated start point.....all of us get there PRIOR to date/time and that will MAXIMIZE the romp time for just that.......CLOMPING!!

Swap meet will be on weekends when everyone can be online. So.. probably later in the day around noon or so EST.

I am changing my work schedule as well. This insomnia and having to go to bed early screws up my life. Tired all day. Sooo.. going to go in around 10 am to 6pm. This way I can also stay up later for the west coasters. And it will be like college, I ALWAYS took late courses. I can't stand getting up at 6am or going to bed before 1 am. I think my body functions differently... it just does not like early mornings.

Swap meet will be on weekends when everyone can be online. So.. probably later in the day around noon or so EST.

I am changing my work schedule as well. This insomnia and having to go to bed early screws up my life. Tired all day. Sooo.. going to go in around 10 am to 6pm. This way I can also stay up later for the west coasters. And it will be like college, I ALWAYS took late courses. I can't stand getting up at 6am or going to bed before 1 am. I think my body functions differently... it just does not like early mornings.

Hear, hear! Night owls unite!