Trade Skills

Jas

I think it would be useful to have an idea who plans to do which trade skills in release, so we know who to call on when we need something (and also, so we know what gaps we may have). Also, any idea how useful trade skills are actually going to be in the game? I'm having trouble so far getting a sense for whether player made items are going to be as good as drops.

I plan to do tailoring and enchanting with Fizit.

I plan on doing the same tradeskills(talioring and enchanting) as Fizit. Very usefull for my class. I also plan on fishing too, good money to be made in it.

I found that if i couldnt sell my taliored items, I would just disenchant them for skill ups. High level enchanting will really help the guild by upgrading armors and making our own wands for the magic using classes.

So once the game goes live and you have a green item or higher that was soulbound and you dont need it anymore and have the extra cash(meaning you dont need to sell it) please give to the enchanters so we can skill up on them and get free componets from the disenchanting of them.

Edited by meffio

Uglutz will be doing Alchemy and Herbalism.

My alt is going to be an orc warlock that will most likely do Engineering (since we have a few enchanters, and not sure about the other profession)

Me LUB dem fluwurs! >8]

Edited by Martok

We will focus on a few individuals to start. Everyone is encouraged to take up some gathering skills, but as far as crafting items we will have specific people that we will "mater" first. More on this to come...

I'll be working on blacksmithing to start with as well as mining as my main gathering skill.

Zooqi was planning on tailoring and enchanting as well. And yeah...I believe I am going to pick up the game for certain now, just a matter of how close to release and if it's sold out by the time I get to the store. >:0

In the stress test, I had gotten to journeyman in both of them, in the matter of what...seven days? Something like that.

Hrm. Three enchanter/tailors? Mebbe I should plan to do herbalism/alchemy instead. But then, I'll be a shaman with herb/alch, just like Uglutz. No good. Guess I better stick with what originally sounded fun to me.

Btw, have you seen an orc woman is a dress? I made a simple dress, and put it on Fizit. Dress was pretty, but... *uncontrollable shiver of disgust* >:0

Hrm.  Three enchanter/tailors?  Mebbe I should plan to do herbalism/alchemy instead.  But then, I'll be a shaman with herb/alch, just like Uglutz.  No good.  Guess I better stick with what originally sounded fun to me.

Btw, have you seen an orc woman is a dress?  I made a simple dress, and put it on Fizit.  Dress was pretty, but... *uncontrollable shiver of disgust*  >:0

Do whatever you think is fun! We will have enough items to support the enchanters I believe.

Hrm.  Three enchanter/tailors?  Mebbe I should plan to do herbalism/alchemy instead.  But then, I'll be a shaman with herb/alch, just like Uglutz.  No good.  Guess I better stick with what originally sounded fun to me.

Btw, have you seen an orc woman is a dress?  I made a simple dress, and put it on Fizit.  Dress was pretty, but... *uncontrollable shiver of disgust*   >:0

Do whatever you think is fun! We will have enough items to support the enchanters I believe.

And not everyone will be on at the same time, either, nor be at the same skill level, so... it'll work out. I had been thinking of doing Herbalism/Alchemy too, or skinning/tailor, but...I just like enchanting from my time on the stress test, though tailoring might be up for grabs. It was just easier to make my own armor at times than to buy it.

Yeah, tailoring seems an obvious choice to do with enchanting, as neither of them require a gathering profession to support them. Also, you can make your own magical items to tear apart for reagents for your enchanting. >:0 Though, it seems like the magical tailoring formulas aren't sold in shops, and have to be acquired by drops. Which brings me to another thought - another reason to know who is doing which professions is so you know who to mail formulas to when you get them as drops. And, who to give hand-me-down formulas to, if it's one for your profession that you have already learned.

I think the first magical taloring i belive is at skill 91 handstiched linen britches . At least this is what i found in the Orc city for the cloth vendor in the drag.

just did some more reserch on this and there is one at skill 30 robe

Edited by meffio

Hey fellow SoCites, does anybody know if first aid will be useful at all? Because it seems that any first aid abilities would be overshadowed by shaman and priest abilities.

I was going to have Rhoach learn all the languages as well, if that counts as a trade skill. Also, lockpicking is going to be one of his fortes as well.

Hey fellow SoCites, does anybody know if first aid will be useful at all? Because it seems that any first aid abilities would be overshadowed by shaman and priest abilities.

I was going to have Rhoach learn all the languages as well, if that counts as a trade skill. Also, lockpicking is going to be one of his fortes as well.

I'm picking up all secondary skills, fishing (it's way fun), cooking (to cook ze fish), and first aid (cut down time). Plus...if you can, why not? And we all can. >:L

I'm picking up all secondary skills, fishing (it's way fun), cooking (to cook ze fish), and first aid (cut down time). Plus...if you can, why not? And we all can. >:L

I *think* you can only learn two... can someone give me a 'for sure' answer on this?

You can only learn two of the "primary" trade skills - alchemy, herbalism, mining, blacksmithing, skinning, leatherworking, tailoring, enchanting (did I miss any)?

The "secondary" skills are free-bees, that don't take up one of your two skill slots - cooking, fishing (and, I guess first aid is in this category too). You can know all of these and still take two from the "primary" list. >:L

Fizit

Yep, you can only do 2 of those primaries, but can take all of the secondaries: (Fishing, Camping/Cooking, and First Aid)

Camping/Cooking sucked bad. First aid was useless as you couldn't use it in battle.

Fishing wasn't too bad though.

You can only learn two of the "primary" trade skills - alchemy, herbalism, mining, blacksmithing, skinning, leatherworking, tailoring, enchanting (did I miss any)?

The "secondary" skills are free-bees, that don't take up one of your two skill slots - cooking, fishing (and, I guess first aid is in this category too).  You can know all of these and still take two from the "primary" list.   >:L

Fizit

Wow, interesting. Does anybody have a 'for sure' list of the primary and secondary skills, or a link to one?

Edited by Rhoach

Ah, thanks much!

In this case, I'll probably have Rhoach doing skinning/leatherworking, unless lockpicking takes up a slot.

Damn. Now I guess the question is, anybody know if lockpickin' is going to be primary or secondary? :nub:

Edited by Rhoach

Ah, thanks much!

In this case, I'll probably have Rhoach doing skinning/leatherworking, unless lockpicking takes up a slot.

Damn. Now I guess the question is, anybody know if lockpickin' is going to be primary or secondary?  :nub:

Does not appear that lockpicking is a skill. However, blacksmiths can make keys. There's also lots of room for blacksmiths....you can specialize into armor or weapon, then weapon further into sword, axe, or mace/hammers.

Alternatively, maybe...MAYBE I might go into engineering or something, just to be different, because I'll have a tailor/enchanter in Soke, and then I have can Zooqi be... a miner/engineer? Maybe even a weaponsmith of some kind. Decisions, decisions.

I think lockpicking is a skill only Rogues can do, and that it does not take up a skill position.

In the future, we could have a seperate guild created for our undead characters that would be role played as a "shaky" sort of alliance with the SoC..... friendly, but not exactly loving relationship sort of thing.