New Epics

Altarial

Please post any and all info you have on your new epic quests here. I will make up checklists out of the info I am given and then pin that info. I am researching the cleric epic myself, but since there is so much going on and so many new things to learn, I will not be researching any other new epics atm. If you want to learn about your new epic please help us all out and find out as much as you can and tell the rest of us.

I am tracking what is happening on the Paladin Epics, 1.5 and 2.0. However, since we do not yet know ifyou work to get 1.5 and then build on that to 2.0, or if they are similar yet separate paths to the 2 items, then I am not yet ready to post about it. But I can tell you that the Paladins are VERY busy working epics. I also know the magician epic is well underway, and I have seen references to the Rogues working theirs.

Lots of info, but putting the pieces together - it is kind of nice to watch it unfold.

I heard epic 1.5 is an upgrade to current one and epic 2.0 is something totally new. So, in theory I will still have my clicky stick and my new shield - both epics.

Some information people need to know about the new epics.

1) If you do NOT have your Kunark Epic, you will have to do a type of pre-flagging event to get you something that preps you for going for epic 1.5, and perhaps 2.0 also.

2) If you DO have your Kunark epic, you can bypass the pre-flag and start on epic 1.5. It is currently believed that you have to get 1.5 in order to get 2.0 later (this is what is being said on many of the class-oriented boards).

3) Most of the epic 1.5 quests have what are called Invisible Flags. That essentially means that you HAVE to do things STEP BY STEP, in order, for you to accomplish and complete the quest. Exemples from the Paladin epic are that certain mobs that we know we need to talk to give different text, depending on whether you have talked to the START mob (Irak Altil in HoH) or not. Those who have talked to him get the text that gives the quest, and upon turn in of items, you get the return item. Failure to talk to Irak gives you some separate text. You CAN use the text to initiaite the quest and get the container you need, but upon turn in people have lost the turn in item and NOT gotten the return item. Second example is that people who did not have a specific item as a result of completing a specific mini quest zoned into (Ferubi?) and nothing happened. Those who DID have the item from the Mini quest zoned in and got an IMMEDIATE zonewide shout from a SPAWNED mob that the Paladin had to kill to get the next drop. So, be prepared to have to do SOME things in a SPECIFIC order in order to get mobs to spawn and events to take place, and to get successful turn ins.

4) Level Matters. On the cleric Epic, I have heard that you cannot do 1 part unless you are level 69+. So, the most basic advice is, LEVEL UP.

This is being posted on day 10 of the expansion being out. It is a good idea to keep these things in mind while you consider pursuit of the Epics.

Archived