7th anniversary edition

Earwen

I've been thinking about this 7th Anniversary edition a good bit and have been trying to decide if it is worth getting. I like the idea of the 6th slot but I really don't need it but if they would ever let you take a character and move it from one account to another then it would be worth it to me. I don't see them doing this cause it would cost them money in the long run by people having fewer accounts. Also something I've been thinking about is the next expansion and will it come with the extra slot with it. If it does that would save me $20. Now we come to the rare that they are giving out with it. As with all rares that are out now if you have the gold you can get it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As of now you can transfer a character from one shard to another but not to another account. As far as the 7th edition there is some stuff on uo site as well as stratics.

Basicly this is just there way to make some money,, and put backon the shelfs in Retail stores the game to get more people intrested in it again

Wolf i know Stratics has some info on it as there is some on the uo webpage as well

Well, i believe it will be worth the 20 bucks. The one rare, and with 7 different ones maybe this time it will really be semi rare. The all important 6 char slot is my selling ticket though. *wishes they would throw in that extra 100 skill pionts* :D:silly::D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been working on a site thats been doing regular updates of the 7AE. some comfusion happened there so I thought Id pass on what I know, This is also on stratics too.

--Everyone who holds a UO account.upon the 7th anniversary will receive a code for one rare random item, this is regardless if you purchase the 7AE box or not.

--If you do purchase the 7AE box, you will get the 6th char slot PLUS another code for an additional rare item PLUS the buddy codes.

--The expansion WILL NOT have the option for a 6th char slot, only the 7AE box will.

--As Devin said, this was a marketing event to get UO back on the shelfs and hopefully draw in interest for the expansion to come.

UO.com is releasing the rare items, 2 a week i believe, you can check there for the lowdown, but in short:

Leggings of Embers: unusally high fire resistance, no cold resistance

Purple Roses: Every four hours,produce petals that add 5 to STR for 5 minutes,stores 10

Shamino's Best Crossbow: large damage bonus and nice accuracy increase. There is still confusion on this one because the graphic for this item is a repeating crossbow, yet its called a heavy crossbow.

Tapestry of Sosaria: Large painting based on the old Hildebrandt paintings. Can be double-clicked to open in a larger window showing detail.

Hearth of the Home Fire: long awaited fireplace with fire burning in it, strictly houe deco.

Hope this helps!!