Rhoach

Hey, so I uploaded an image to imagedump.com and tried to use it for my avatar, only to get the following message:

'Sorry, but the URL you entered for your avatar was incorrectly formatted or the link is not valid'

I tried using the address that says: Link directly to this image, as well as the address in the address bar. I don't have any personal webspace I can use for the image, and don't want to go through the pain-in-the-ass which is the acquisition of a personal website. Any suggestions?

p.s. The picture is a 64 x 64 pixel .jpg image. The link to the page it's on is http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=74620

Edited by Rhoach

You need to use the link to the image, and not the link to the webpage. E.G. http://www.imagedump.com/pics/74620.jpg

74620.jpg

However, they may have it setup so you cannot link to the image from other webpages. When that happens it will usually come up with a different image or no image at all.

Yeah, I have a picture on my hard drive I wanted to upload to somewhere (anywhere!) and use it for my avatar, but I couldn't figure it out and just ended up direct-linking to my avatar on Wow-Ra. If someone could tell me where I could upload a .jpg image, or just what I've been doing wrong with wow-ra's uploader or imagedump.com's services, I'd appreciate it.