Ixi raid for Physician

Altarial

Tuesday 5/18/04 at 3 PM EST meet at the guild rock for a good ol' fashioned Ixiblat Fer raid for Physician.

Level: 62

Hit Points: Approx. 32000

Melee Damage: Godly (Max 575)

Spells Cast: AE Fire (300 pt dd, same as Noble Djorn/Overseer of Air, resistible)

Drops: (always) Sceptre of Ixiblat Fer (plus one of) Circlet of Fire, Mantle of Fire, Gloves of Fire, Belt of Fire, Cloak of Flames

Tactics: This is a high level (52+), multi-group (24-30 person) encounter. Most people pull him to the Skyfire zone before fighting, and report that he follows pullers reliably without aggroing additional mobs. His magic resistance is reportedly average to below average for his level, and he is NOT immune to fire-based spells. Mage fire pets will be immune to his AE fire proc, however. He will attempt to flee when low on health, and he apparently has a high regen rate which will take effect near the end of the fight if he is not finished quickly. Slowing/debuffing him is highly recommended. Charmed wurms do good damage as well.

The way I did it was bind at the /loc of Ixi given above and have the raid force gather there. Then I ran over to the turn in guy, did the turn in, then gated back to get started with healing. This guy took no time at all to kill and did not need a cleric cheal rotation or anything. Just fast cast heals on the Main Tank is enough. I also don't remember him running. I killed him a long time ago (before PoP), and we had about 3 full groups, so now with better gear and higher levels you won't need as many people. Just make sure to get a high level slower and enough healers.

I will most likely not be here for this raid (stupid finals :silly: ). However, my final is from 1-3, so maybe I will be able to come. I just cannot commit myself to it atm since I don't know how long the final will take.

3PM EST is 12PM PSt -

I imagine I will be hammer on the ole keyboard at work rather than tanking that huge elemental =((

I wish you guys well with this mob - he is fun and a decent turnout should get this mob taken down fairly easy.

Drag him to the zoneline or tank him on his spawn point.

I have done both (and died at both places - but also won at both places... :silly:

Archived