In Memorial

As a young girl, Lora remembers walking into the gates to Trinsic and looking for people she had never met but had heard so many good stories about. Her cousin Mirage had spoken of people in a guild called Purple Guardians of Honor, and sought to seek the one named Ser Brightblade. Mirage often talked fondly about him and his wife Lady Scout.

After searching for many weeks, finally Lora saw the tag that stood for the guild. Her first mission was to seek out the one called Ser Brightblade. Upon biding his attention, and explaining who she was, she began telling him of Mirages death. This struck him hard as they were good friends. Although knowing she died in the loving arms of her husband, CyRuS tHe ViRuS, gave him some comfort. So thus Ser BB, as he became known to Lora, became quite a good friend. He guided her training, showed her the path of honor, and brought her into the family of PGOH. While under their guidance, she worked hard and long and soon became Senator of Genesis with in the family. For her love of Animals was soon seen in her training with Ser BB.

Slowly over time many left on long voyages. First to be spent on a journey was Balandar, then Martok, then Wolf. Eventually, even our own loving Emperor was called to a higher plane. Although by then many new faces had come into the guild. Logan, Rand. Steel, Doddz, and many more as the Empire grew.

She remembers bringing up a young Cheblis into the Heran Arts. His skills would grow to the point where he would become the Heran Centurion, and lead the Cohort into battle. A friendship between the teacher and the student would grow as Cheblis became not just a student, but an equal in the Arts, as well as a close friend. She thinks back when new lands were brought upon Sosaria, and the additions of Necromancers were added to the Empire. A young, impetuous Lukkan Mortain would return to the guild, after leaving the clutches of Mordoth, She would help house and feed him, and teach him the honor that lies within all Guardians. Through the teachings left by Balandar, and her help in bringing him into the world of the living, he too would rise to lead the Dread Cohort.

Trouble always seem to follow Lora, no matter where she went she was accused of wrongdoings. But her family stood by her constantly. It began with Rand attempting to bring her down. Logan stood by her, by this time having risen himself to Emperor, and in truth a better friend Lora could not have had. He encouraged her, kept the light going for 'twas a bitter fight that went on with Rand. Next was Doddz, accusing her of falsehoods, which proved to be all in there minds, for a long time hiding in the shadows. Lora just tamed and gather her supplies for guild, and peace was insured for a long while. Although many bumps occurred, Lora knew the one place she could always count on support was her family. But then came a time of discord once again amongst the family. Not always agreeing with things, Lora knew that no matter what she would always back Logan. One for being her best friend, and secondly, he was emperor and knew what was best for the guild.

Lora was well known for her being kindhearted and hated seeing friends who had feuds between them. She always trying to work and get them together, and to keep peace in the family. Sometimes not always going about it the right way though. Thus this is where the downfall of Lora occurs.

A week prior, Lora had asked Emperor Logan to engrave a fellow family member back onto the stone. A request Logan had denied. Upon talking to Marcas, and telling her he missed the family and was sorry for the things he had said about Logan, Lora sought to attempt to make things right between the two once good friends. Not realizing that some of the things Marcas said were not true, this gave way to Logan thinking that Lora had betrayed him. Although was not her intent, 'tis what happened. Now Lora feels to blame for what happened following her rash actions and had she listen to her sister Kaatya and not put him on the stone, none of where she is would have happened. For this she was deeply sorry. Day after day of trying to talk to her once good friend and getting no reply, she realized there was nothing left for her; she proclaims the words she thought would never leave her lips.

“I resign from my guild”

She knew the only way Logan would ever take the reigns would be if she was gone. Many things were said to many friends in anger and hurt from his not talking to me about this. She also realized that the final night when she asked if she was to be let back into the family it was not to be. Hearing some of his words brought back memories of another saying such things to her. She realized that she could never come home again for his words to me alone were a betrayal in itself. Shouting angry words of ill fight, she soon realized even if she were to win, the cost would be too great. She would no longer have her friend back, and it could hurt the family worse then it already had. Although glad to see mostly all came home, Lora uttered these final words as she left for the last time of Olympus.

“I will not fight”

With tears in her eyes as she left taking a last glance at the halls filled with so many memories, she rode her faithful steed Baby into Buc’s Den. Lora sought out the seedy fellow she was looking for, handing him over the 500 gold, he handed her a green bottle. With him looking at her strangely she said the words Kal Ort Por, bringing her home. She penned this note for her sisters and her cousins. Knowing it would be hours before anyone of them would find her. Quickly slipping into her bedroom, she walks over and pours a glass of wine. Slipping the green bottle out of her pouch, she opens the top and pours it into the wine. Holding it staring deeply into the glass she offers one last prayer to the gods and wishes that her sisters and cousins understand the need for what she is about to do. She then quickly gulps down the vile liquid as the wine in it does not disguise the taste of the deadly poison. With tears flowing from her eyes, she unbridles Baby, gives a whisper into her ear and a quick slap on her hind. Lora lies on the bed slipping quietly into death..................

I wish it to be known, as I pledged to Lora

I would declare, that she and I discussed the

nature and contents of her post which was

originally recorded on the private Leaders Board.

I proposed no changes to her. This is the story

of her life in the guild and her departure from it.

She had a long history of service as a Guardian

and was always willing to lend a helping hand to

those in need.

Rest in Peace, Lora DeBlood.

Kaatya wrote:

She had a long history of service as a Guardian

and was always willing to lend a helping hand to

those in need.

Lukkan rises from his chair inside his tower in Novitus Sanctum. He lets out a harsh growl from the pit of his soul. He picks up his chair and casts it against the wall, overturns his desk, and proceeds to set aflame his chests and furniture.

His brother Mordred runs from downstairs to see what was the matter.

"Lukkan, stop this!! What has happened?"

Lukkan overturns his bed, and begins tearing all the pictures and relics he has collected off the walls. Finally, falling to his knees in tears.

"Lora......has fallen," he proclaims through the sobbing.

Mordred gasps and begins crying himself. Lukkan slowly begins to collect himself and a somber, blank gaze crosses his face.

"An unjust departure for such an honorable soul."

Lukkan rises to his feet, utters a few arcane words, and a flash of light beams showing his minion.

"Clear these halls, move everything to our Armory in Fellucca, too much pain in these woods now."

Lukkan grasps his brother arm and brings him to his feet. The two embrace and begin gathering their personal belongings. Lukkan prepares his pack for travel and going through his belongings, notices a faded purple apron.

"Leave that here, brother, you have no use for it anymore," proclaims Mordred as he heads downstairs.

Lukkan gazes softly at the apron, clinching it tighter and tighter. He looks around, then folds the apron gently and places it inside his baggage.

"My body might not be a Guardian, but my heart will always be."

The two twins walk out the front passageway,as Mordred closes the door and boards up the entrance. With a few spells, Lukkan seals the entrance, and the two brothers lead the minion into the woods.

OOC: I wish everyone well and I know that the power of the people in this guild in itself is enough to make this guild flourish.

*Kodoz Sits Silently on the steps of Olympus castle, having just returned from a long absence in the other realms. He takes out a pen and paper and book and begins to write*

Where to begin? Lora DeBlood. The person who showed me just how much of themselves they could give. Who gave me my first three homes. Who gave me my first suits of armor. Who gave me my first weapons. Who helped me through times both good and bad, who was always a pigeon away. Can such a person ever truly be forgotten? I say nay. For she will always remain in my heart if none others. She gave all of herself and never asked for anything in return, took insults in stride and continued on. Never could i have foreseen such a day. In the past weeks I have had my share of trauma. A relative of mine has passed on. The love of my life has told me she wishes to be with another. I have been rushed through a million decisions that should have been given deep thought. Noone Looks for pity. Least of all a warrior. But after such hardships it truly was a blow to this old warrior when i returned to recieve your pigeon. I hope that perhaps the old saying is true that time heals all wounds. Perhaps it will not be so. Perhaps it will. No one can predict the future, least of all myself. Where will things go from here? Hopefully they shall go to calmer seas and brighter tomorrows. For there are always fair seas after even the worst of storms. Unfortunately some storms last longer than most. And as i sit with this pen and paper in hand, i cant help but remember the last time i was able to give something back to you for all youd given me. It was a short piece of poetry, and now it is one of the memories of ye i cherish. I shall never discard it.

Signed, Magistrate Kodoz

*Kodoz sends the note to the ethereal boards, and walks away. He returns his helm to its place on his head, and cries a silent tear as he disappears into the mists*

"She will be missed" Balandar said pacing around in the shadows outside Lora's house.

Even though he has been though much with Lora, he is not concerned overmuch. He knows that Lora will one day return in another form in other worlds.

Balandar taps his chin in thought. Perhaps he could use her still!

The book creaked as Balandar opened his necromantic spell book. A smile widened on Balandar's face as he found the spell he sought.

The old warrior looks up from the ancient text he was scribbling in as the pigeon lands softly on his sill. He carefully closes the old leather tome as he rises from his desk to greet his messenger. Handing the bird some crumbs, he gently extracts the rolled parchment from its canister.

Reading the carefully scripted parchment, a look of profound sadness crosses his grizzled features. After a moment, he folds the note and tucks it safely away in his belt.

He looks out his window at the endless see of starlight that surrounds his Malas home. A smile passes across his lips.

He pulls his dagger from its sheath and gently cuts the palm of his hand. Squeezing his fingers closed over the fresh wound, he clasps his fist to his chest, a warriors salute.

"Until our paths cross once more" he whispers.

He returns to the leather bound book and opens it to the back page.. He lifts the quill from the desk and gently writes.

Lora DeBlood - May 4th Year of the Gods 2004. May your spirit watch over us and guide us

He puts the quill down and looks at the long list of names that grace the page. He gently sprinkles some sand on the newest entry.

"Though the body dies, the soul remains eternal" he says to the empty room.

Smiling to himself, he closes the book and heads off to bed.