Question about ranks..

Hellhound

Sorry to go for the throat here, but I just have to...

Quote:

"Is it possible to earn a higher rank within the guild b4 the game is released? or are we forced to wait, b/c I believe I would like to try n earn some sort of leadership role (since I have ran 4 guilds/sites b4) sometime.."

Firstly, what is the rush to earn rank?

"earn a higher rank within the guild b4 the game is released"

"are we forced to wait"

Simply declaring that you want to be a leader is not the best way to gain the attention of the leaders. (If anything it probably will gain you negative attention). Actions speak louder than words. Bold that. Highlight that. Underline that. Actions speak louder than words.

From my understanding about SoC, those who "acquire" ranks in the clan before the game starts will "earn" the ranks. Should you help out with the clan structure/administration and be active in the forums, you will demonstrate some good qualities which may help towards "earning" a rank. You will have the same opportunity to "earn" rank as anyone else.

Regardless of your rank, you can help out with the clan. You don't need a "rank" to help out with the clan.

Many of the best leadership candidates are those who went out of their way helping to improve an organization. They were not seeking rank, status, title or fame. They believed in the organization first and foremost. If the organization wishes to reward you for your services, then great. If not, no big deal -- at least you helped to improve something that you believed in.

"I believe I would like to try n earn some sort of leadership role"

Why do you want to "earn" a leadership role? You advise that you have ran guilds before, but what are you bringing to the table? Tell us what your strengths are and what would make you a good "candidate" for a leader. Better yet, don't tell us... over time show us!

I don't mean to rag on you for simply asking a question. I am directing this message to any powermonger-rank-seekers who are interested in joining SoC -- hopefully you are not one. If my reply seems like an attack against you, then I apoligize as that is not the intent.

In the 3+ years I have ran an orc guild with 200+ members at its peak, I can tell you that powermonger-rank-seekers are very common. They want rank for all the wrong reasons. In a 100% rp guild these rank-seekers are very detrimental to the clan. Its best to identify them and deal with them quick before they sour others within the guild.

Edited by Kor!

i would like to gain some rank b4 the game comes out. that would be cool to have the authority to help lead the clan into glory.

-Nokk Rajek :D

Edited by Nokk