New UO expansion

Steel DarKnight

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 25, 2004--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced the development of the next expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online game, Ultima Online (UO). Expanding the world and advancing the franchise, the new title will give consumers considerable player vs. player capabilities, two additional professions and a vast new land to explore. The UO expansion pack is scheduled for release in Fall 2004. The game name has not been announced.

"We are constantly improving Ultima Online by paying attention to our players' wishes," said Anthony Castoro, Producer of UO Live. "Feedback from our large international player base helped us determine priorities for this expansion, including new world content and a unified player vs. player system."

Exploring a mysterious Asian environment, players can strive to master two new professions; one focusing on physical combat abilities, and the other on magical combat and stealth. In addition, players will have new house customization themes and decorations to use in designing and building homes from scratch or modifying their existing homes.

UO continues to be a leader in the online gaming space with 225,000 subscribers. The game is available in six languages and is played in over 100 countries located in every time zone.

In addition to development on UO, the team continues to develop Ultima X: Odyssey (UXO), a brand new next-generation massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG). The game, scheduled to ship later this year, promises to take online adventuring to a whole new level.

Source: Yahoo Finance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Charlie

I love uo as well as all of us others who are stuck to our keyboards cursing when we lag in the middle of a spawn and die to log back on to find all of our hard worked armor and weps are gone:)... but how many more expansions?????!!!

I love uo and want to play it but first the new expansion sounds more fun for those pkers for more pvp ability.(thats just how i see it) i want them to better uo of course but work on lag or make better the professions that are here.Mages learn more spells eventually...warriors dont stop learning,make more skills for those older professions that really did exist in the time period... soon theyll have a street fighter in uo toting dynamite.Im sorry i hope i dont seem like a meanie but im only letting my thoughts out:):) ...how about do like dot hack sign and have it like virtual reality:) like you really are there, not too corny tho:) tastefully done;) UO FOREVER!!! hehehe

In addition, players will have new house customization themes and decorations to use in designing and building homes from scratch or modifying their existing homes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! i refuse to even look at what they can come out with i just redid the house and Now they say more new stuff i swear they do it to torture us

???:angry::silly: