Limit of players....

Surek Tharor

Hey I was wondering is there a limit of players for SOC?

Cus if there are going to be like 60 players it is realy hard to know every one and the alliance will eventualy colapse, ive seen it hapen and I REALY like SOC so I dont want it to hapen here, now back to my question.... should there be a limit for the number of players?

(We now have 29 members)

We have more like 10 active players right now. The rest are inactive players who have not posted on the forums yet and we do not know if they will be active. *growls* :silly: They may become more active once the beta starts. We will most likely have around 60 players in the guild. And no, you might not know everyone on an intimate level. We have had over 120 people in our PGoH guild at one time or another. But I hate logging into a game to find that I am the only one online. With 60 people, we should have around 10 - 20 at all times, and maybe even upwards of 50 on the weekends.

A guild is easy to hold together as long as the chain of command is held together. Gruntees will report to Grunts. Grunts to captains. Captains to Chieftains. And finally, if needed, chieftains to the Guild Leaders (War Chieftains). I do not want to see Gruntees asking questions to the guild leaders that they can get answers to from grunts or other gruntees (or the website). The same goes with the other ranks. Uglutz and I will have enough to do without needing to be brought into some problem that involves a sour trade of some sort or another between two guild members. Also this is a game, you are to have FUN, not get involved in an overwhelming amount of politics (like Shadowbane, UGH!).

Everyone in a guild has his/her own responsibility. If everything was on one person alone, then a guild of 60 would indeed be hard to take care of.. unless you can devote 24/7 to a game. I do not see any problems with that in WoW. Orcs are much easier to control compared to noble honorable humans and their petty ideas of good. If we have a problem in the clan, that problem will be clomped! >:]

Yup, don't want to be one of those massive number guilds... we rather have quality members.

It is always good to be able to log in at any day, any time to find other guild members online.

I think 60 is a good max number to shoot for. Any more than that and things get hectic!

The Shadowclan orcs have hundreds and hundreds of members, collectively. They're spread through many games and only a quarter to maybe a 3rd of it's numbers are actually active. But, it's always been loosely tied and loosely progressive, because of it. It's one of the reasons I switched to SoC for WoW, instead of SC. Plus, SC has no plans for WoW at the moment, though I'm sure there will be a branch in the near future. At any rate, 60 active members would be wonderful. All that can be said for sure is prepare to be part of a regular group of us. There is always a regular group of players in any guild active at one time. You've got your members who're active for periods of time, then seen every now and then for a while, who go back and forth. By far though, especially in RP groups, people who join leave after a little while and never come back. It's the way gaming works. You have to find a community you really like and have fun with, to stay with friends for long periods of time. So, if you like T.H.E. SoC, I would suggest getting to know the whole of T.H.E. (No I'm not trying to boost their participants or anything of the sort, I'm a noob to them, I only stumbled upon them searching for orc roleplay groups.) What I do know is they have a fairly large RP community in different games and along all sorts of RP storylines. Looks like a good group to be part of. I've been trying to be a little active in their other forums myself.

~Glok (Davatar)

Edited by Glok'tur