Raid Idea - Quillmane for Mages Epic

Rumblebore

In recent days, several things have come up that have required that Rumblebore ask for guild help in a raid format.

The recent attempt for is 8th Shawl (which was bugged and got the general killed) was a failure, but I have the items again and plan this for this Friday Night.

My Paladin Epic pieces are all in my hands and require a trip to Fear Plane for the final turn in. This will be scheduled in the future.

And now, I want to suggest a Saturday, all day raid, for the Mages in the Guild towards their epic. Since we have several MAINS who are mages, they will get top priority over me, since it is my ALT Iniaru who also needs the drop. If you haven't guessed by now, the mob that will be the target of this proposed Day Raid is none other than that darling white horsie - Quillmane. (hears groaning from the guildmembers).

Quillmane drop a Cloak needed for the Mage Epic, a cloak with Levitation (always on). It is a POPULAR item, even for non-mages. When Quillmane is up, He/She is always immediately killed. The common drop is a pair of leggings, and the rare drop is the Cloak.

Here is the trick. While much work and research has been done towards trying to forcibly spawn this mob, the jury is still out on exactly how to do this. I have been to several boards on this topic and I believe I have some of the best information available to try to make this mob spawn. BUT - It takes a lot of people to make this happen, as an ideal.

Quillmane is a level 30 mob, so NO XP is going to be obtained in this process. SK is a level 20-35 zone, so NO XP is going to be obtained. This raid has as its goal only one thing - asking for guild help in trying to get an epic piece for our mages.

And, the process to spawn Quillmane could take hours upon hours of no success. There are no guarantees on this raid. Add to that the drop is a rare drop. You see the issue and why mages always seem to be a bit nutzo sometimes - they have been camping Quillmane and have gone a bit loco.

Quillmanes spawn site is not One Site - It is actually several places and they are ALL OVER the zone. However, those placements are well documented, at least by the general area, so that makes things a bit easier.

Here is what I am asking - That I can plan an all day raid event, that any mage on during those hours who are MAINS get first shot at the cloak, and that Alt Mages who are above the guild minimum level (55) get second priority. Next - Guild members get priority on the cloak. Now, this cloak can MQ in the 10's of thousands. So, Mages get the priority, then guild members.

The all day raid will likely be on a Saturday. I would ask that once the day is determined, people please plan to come and spend MANY tedious and non-beneficial hours trying to make this mob spawn in hopes of our mages getting this drop.

I will gladly coordinate this and will also be in contact with our guild Main Mages so that they can have the best info too, and who can take over should I need to leave.

So, please make note what you think and if you would be willing to assist in this - As an all day raid, I ask that you set aside the DAY, not just a couple of hours, to come and help. It WILL be boring - It WILL be unproductive to any leveling, and to level-appropriate looting. You have been warned.

Please let me know what you think.

I'd love to help you out again, but Saturdays don't work for me. Maybe changing to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday would help, then I could come and do some more uber trains!

Well, running this on a weekday has a major problem for me.

I only get weekdays off if:

1) I am home sick (And I have been home sick 8 days this year since Jan 1)

2) I am home because I am on vacation.

Otherwise, an all day killing spree to get multiple drops is most desirable by me for Iniaru. However, I hear you and know it will not always be the best time for some people.

Last night , I ran Iniaru around, marked things I needed on my map, and ret about just killing and marking spawn points, loging dtata. First, Xzayen came online and came to help. I switched to my ranger and used him to track mobs. Many of the mobs were green to him, but there was a lot of color on the tracking list. Devin joined us (Yayyy a tracker!!!) and helped us to kill.

Then I went LD and came back as Rumble, ran to SK, and proceeded to implement the slaughter needed to try and spawn Quillmane. And BOOM, a necro leveling at Splitpaw (Paw) sent me a tell saying Quill was there. We ran over and there he was. I took screen shots too. We killed and he dropped the cloak. Xzayen is a Main character Mage, so I had him loot it. At that time, Nithas had come to SK to see me and told me Quill had spawned in the North. He held Quill while I came up there and killed him. Quill dropped the legging. Nithas joined the hunt (his track range is awesome) an told us he used to farm the cloak on another server. He confirmed a lot of what I had read and was trying to implement to make quill spawn. Nithas had to leave, I swithced to my rnager, and then Quillmane showed up on track again. Xzayen killed him easily and another pair of leggings dropped.

I am not confident i know how to spawn Quillmane without having to slaughter everything, although to get the key mobs to spawn that are the PH's for Quillmane does take SOME slaughter, overall this will no longer be an exercise in experimentation. Maybe I will make it an evening run instead. For all my personal time involved in setting up, getting the lay of the zone, marking spots, etc, compared to actually hunting - I spent 2.5 hours in prep getting to know the zone to another 8 hours hunting by myself and with others.

I will continue to hunt in SK trying to get this down and to get a stronger confidence inwhat it takes to make quill spawn.

Archived