Eclipse

Triston

I have decided that horizons is a fantastic game, and as promised will be opening a branch of THE on the Dawn server. We have named it Eclipse as per Borg's idea, "for there numbers are so many they block out the sun." So it will be a while before I can fly, a hatchling has gotta have a dream alright! Either way I have posted the details in the horizons forum, but would like a little feedback. First off, advice from the leaders out there who have founded branches before, all the do's, don'ts and pitfalls I should know about. Second off, a rough list of who round here is already playing horizons, or plans to soon. I gotta figure out how big of a plot to save up for. *grins* Other then that guys, happy gaming!

I might check it out with you Triston. Also I'll read up on the game and it's lore as you'll need to get a website set up for it as well. I'll start putting together some layout ideas and you should talk to Bal about the site itself for member management (rosters etc..).

Probably one of the first things you'll want to do is figure out your guild history for your "about" page as well as your guild rules. Easier to set the foundation now so folks joining understand what it is you're all about.

Cardinal rule: Quality versus quantity!!

Cheers.

Couldnt agree more! There are about 3 guilds going right now that just run player searches for un-guilded dragons currently online, then cold-call em. Its really kinda sad. Welp, im off to work, but I should have all the lore and such figured out before the end of the night.

Contacting random people like that can work out good if you take the time to talk to them and find out what their goals and playstyles are.

Probably the biggest advice I personally can give is keep your command structure adjusted to fit your current size.

Also, do everything in your power early on to encourage guildmates to group together in their everyday activities and there will probably never be complaints about the guild as a whole not doing enough.

Once Wolf gets started on the templates I can get to work on the roster. Let me know what you would like to see on it. Look at the other T.H.E. rosters. I'll need to know what you want on the application and user pages. Also include limits (like only dragons or humans or whatever), unless you plan to be an ARAC guild. If that is the case I can just include text boxes instead of drop down lists and Enum fields in MySQL.