EQ MAGA'S TIP CORNER 10/28/03

Maga

** PACIFY VS MEZ **

Can you believe this is actually debated. Especially for grouping in LDoN adventures, pacify has become a greatly appreciated spell to get through there. You may not even need a chanter to complete an adventure regardless of what people say. Some people won't even grp unless there is a chanter (poor clueless souls). Mez is great but it can back-fire too. It's much better to pacify in certain situations than it is to Mez. Pacify does not consume as much mana and when it wears off you don't have a mob that is looking to destroy your chanter. :devil: Again like I said it depends on the situation and it depends on the chanter, some are awesome and some are...well let's not go there. :):laugh: If they could all be like Rebma the world would be a better place. :cry:

Maga (Hunters Moon) :angry:

Was in a LDoN group today with out a chanter.....won with 20 mins to spare....How can this happen you say? One well trained Cleric (Me) that knows how to pacify and call which mobs to pull thats how. Don't get me wrong I would prefer a chanter to back me up in case of resists....but some times you have to go with out.

I think it is fun to pacify anyway. I can get around anywhere I want as long as the mobs don't resist Pacify. It's very nice, since us clerics don't get invis. I've even broken out my rusty INC hotkey a few times and played puller for LDoN groups. LDoN groups are the best thing ever because they allow classes to do stuff they don't normally get to do (like clerics get to melee, pull, tank, etc.). And I'm all for gnoming the tanks!

awww they love me! :) Anyways heres my 2cp on the subject. Theres times when pacy really comes in handy. However in LDON, when its mezz vs. pacy, I'll take mezz even if it is means i really hafta be on my toes. To pacy your way around takes time. In any mission, you have 90 minutes to complete the job. I'd rather the puller just get right in there and get moving, and hey if he brings 3, we have a couple on stand by for when the first one dies which makes it even faster. I personally have no problem keeping up to 4 on ice at a time(any more than that and it gets sticky.) Then when the tank gets to em, they're pre slowed, debuffed, and ready to die. Heh any smart chanter will rune or even double rune themselves so they can take a few hits. At lvl 62 (if i remember right) chanters get a reagent free, 1500 point absorption self rune. Then on top of that we have a p-dot using 500 to 700 point absorption single target rune. thats over 2k in damage that we can take before anything bad happens to us. If the tank doesnt have aggro by then, or if the mobs not re-mezzed and waiting, somebody's not doing something right. I'm all for time savers when it comes to LDON. When were in any normal zone though, I'd much rather pick pacy when we have the time for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Really both are a needed thing for an enc in any sitution and is a awesome spell for clerics.Its always good to be able to pacify a mob 65 or below for your group to help with pulling.But if ya got a fast enough killing group its actually better to pacify most and have the tank like pull 2 or 3 cause apathy will mez most mobs in LDoN and it cost 225 mana as paci cost 350,Cause a fast killing group can drop a mob in like 30 secs mez last about 50.So it kinda saves on mana if used in the right combonation given the situation.Something about resist on paci,Cha effects the chance of agro on a resist.Higher your Cha more like the mob will be like,I'll let ya get away that since you so cool :( .Read that from a post that EQ gods put on the boards.Just my 2cp.

Archived