EQ MAGA'S TIP CORNER OCT.17, 2003

Maga

*** TAUNT ***

I can't tell you how many times I have seen tanks just start wacking away. :smash::smash: at a mezzed mob. Guess what when you give it that rude awakening it then goes into seek and destroy the chanter mode. :lostit: I have seen SK's wake them up with a cast too. Please taunt mezzed mobs before you start the punishment. :sword:

Some tanks taunt once then break, others taunt 3 times then break. There was some possible weird bug going on where if they taunted twice then broke the mob still went after the chanter. i am not sure if it was a bug or if it was just because of the tank's skills. :blink:???

So remember *Taunt* (pause for reset) if not sure *Taunt* (pause for reset) *Taunt* some more & some more until you have it's attention. Remember the button takes some time to reset so clicking on it 3 times in a row will do Nothing! Wait for the reset. It's only a few seconds, (I hope) :laugh: Then :samurai::devil:

Maga (Hunters Moon) :devil:

There will always be a Hunter,

and there will always be the Hunted!

Too true maga I have seen this happen far too many times as well and have died several because of it, but I would like to offer a tip to your friendly neighborhood enchanter as well. Often times if we are fighting a mob with a whole lotta HP's *such as moktor in umbral plains* I'll hafta remezz a mob 2 or 3 times before my group is done with the previous mob. This just multiplies aggro by about 1000. :samurai: No amount of tank taunt is gonna help you now. So in these instances it comes in very handy to keep a form of the memory blur spell up and handy. When the group gets the previous mob down to about 5%, blur the one that's mezzed, and Voila! You got a mob thats ready to be slapped around and won't come after your chanter.

Toofless and I had a system down - at about 20% health of the mob we were whacking, I would break off (if enough DPS wawould still be on the whacked mob) and head over to the Mezzed mob and start taunting it - I always kept taunting to 5 taunts even if Toofless came over in the middle of taunting - As MT, He would then break mezz. The thought was that the mob would then aggro ME and not the chanter.

I can say that 9 of 10 times, toofless' breaking of mez after that netted him the aggro, and the other 1 in 10 was about 90% a few swats at me. I recall only once where the mob actually moved after someone else, and I think that was the slower/shammy who had already slowed the mob.

So, this tactic of TAUNTING a mezzed mob is vital to maintain control and to keep the mezzer alive.

Aye it sure was and it works lovely... I also know playing a warrior that when the fight is over and I go over to taunt the mob ( I live with a chanter I Know to taunt first) Mezz would break or wear off before I ever got to the third taunt.. This does happen I thinkthe Best way to clear it is to mem blur the mob it seems the best way and makes the most sense.. Rumble way though works Perfectly I have only seen it not work once or twice like he said.. Just keep up the good work because it helps...

Archived