EQ MAGA'S TIP CORNER

Maga

Tip for Oct. 3rd.

Classes that have pets who melee, that assist key goes a long way to avoid attacking an incorrect target on multiple mob pulls. :) It's also a very effective mana saver for those that have to keep re-mezzing because of an out of control pet. :p If you see someone in your group who does not get the concept, BAIL ASAP! There are lost of people out there with high level characters who still can't grasp the simple funtions of their own class (can we say e-bay bought accounts). Save yourself!

Maga (Hunters Moon) :devil:

:):silly::(

I know my pet, shaman pet, does not break mez. Not sure about other classes pets. But I use the hotkey setup that sets the predetermined MA by name so when I press it, it assists off that person alone.

It looks something like this:

/assist Kzek

/pet attack

/assist off

/emote 's spirit companion looks to %T and drools

Krislor

While we are talking about Shaman pets...

Don't forget that all shaman pets can and will dual weild, but you must give them weapons.

Generally they must be warrior usable and droppable.

There are a few secondary only weapons out there. If you can find them, you only need to give one to your pet.

Mage summoned weapons work well. I believe that the level 34 pet can proc the Fists of Ixblat. Gnoll hide lariats are useful until mobs become unstunable.

I'm a big fan of Polished Steel Ulaks as pet weapons. They are especially fun when you are soloing. They have ac on them which I've noticed at low level helps a bunch.

The pet I dislike more then any other pet is the Earth Elemental pets. The water pet is by far my favorite.

I envy those of you who have pets. It's like your own personal meat shield that never minds dying for ya. Wait....I think I just described myself as Meiffo's pet...

DOH!

One of the issues that I have run into in groups while running a pet class PC's are the pulls with multiple mobs.

Lets say you have a full group of 6, with a cleric, chanter, mage and 3 melees. Mage has a pet, Chanter does not but has Mez up.

Puller pulls and gets 3 mobs.

MT moves in and targets Mob A. Suddenly, MT realizes Mob B is a Healer and switches Mobs. Chanter Mezzes Mob C (lucky targeting) as MT suddenly switches to Mob B (healer). But by this time, The Mage has already hit his "assist' button once to get the target he saw the MT beating on, in prep of sending in pet to assist when call is made. Mage has Mob A targeted and is waiting for assist call.

Problem is - The mobs A and B are side by side and visually, it doesnt look like the tank has switched mobs. Until the assist call is made, the Mage is still targeting Mob A, while the MT then calls ASSIST on Mob B. Unless the Mage is quick on the assist button (again), then he will likely send pet at Mob A.

There are MANY possible permutations to this situation.

We can hope that the MT has a PREP or TARGET OF CHOICE button saying something like "I am beating on %T - Get ready to Assist me". This lets group know when the target of choice has changed in case of switches like I describe above.

It also helps Chanter know who NOT to mez. We can also hope chanter ties their MEZ message in with a CAST # line in the hot button so that we can see what they are Mezzing AS they mez it.

Trying to find the best solutions to cover most possible situations relys on how well we use communication like hot buttons and how well we WATCH for those messages. Equal responsibility to all people involved.

Exactly! You hit it right on Rumble. That hotkey is awesome and everyone should learn how to use it. i have made some for all of my casting. Especially for those ppl and zones that lag us out a lot and we have to turn off the spell effects. At least then we would be able to read what is going on. :alcoholic: Silly :lostit:

Maga (Hunters Moon) :sleeping:

Archived