Ranger changes on Test Server

Zandahl

This was posted on the Ranger list originally:

This is exactly how the trees are laid out on TC as of Saturday.(new stuff only)

-Novice

-/area track (Gives player ability to study tracking clues in the area to figure out what kind of creatures or people have been in the area recently.)

-Area Track:Animals (innate, gives the ability to scan animal activity using /areatrack)

-Wayfaring (20k, 30k, 50k, 70k)

-Box 1

-Camo +40, Camo kits (Corellia, Naboo, Tatooine)

-/conceal (applies camo kit to be far less detectable to NPC's and creatures. Can be applied on other players)

-Box 2

-Burstrun eff. +10, terrain neg. +20, Camo kits (Rori, Talus)

-Box 3

-Camo +40, Camo kit(Dantooine, Yavin)

-Box 4

-Burstrun eff. +10, terrain neg. +20, camo kit (Endor, Lok)

-Frontiering (20k, 30k, 40k, 60k)- No other changes yet.

-Tracking (20k, 30k, 50k, 70k)

-Box 1 -Area Track: Direction (innate, judges approx. direction of target using /areatrack)

-Box 2 -Area Track: People (innate, enhances skill to allow tracking of NPC's)

-Box 3 -Area Track: Distance (innate, ability to judge approx. distance to target using /areatrack)

-Box 4 -Area Track: Players (innate, allows tracking of PC's)

-Trapping (20k, 30k, 50k, 70k) -No other changes yet.

-Master Ranger -Camo +20, camo kit (Dathomir)

Note: There is an increase in scouting xp requirements in the Wayfairing and Trapping lines. There is a decrease in the Frontiering lines. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that all scouts in a group can now /harvest each mob - at a total of 60% of normal harvest rate. I would expect that the reduction applies to xp as well. This will only speed things up for most of us as people generally have more than 1 scout per group. However - if you are trying to build scouting xp you need to weigh kill times vs solo xp. The devs have stated that if you have filled boxes prior to the xp increase/decrease you will not lose those boxes. My advice is to fill those boxes before the patch. You should have at least another week to do so - quite possibly more depending on how long it takes to balance things. I am able to train everything for you now except Frontiering IV and Master Ranger, so if you need training let me know and I can save you the money. All of the other Ranger fixes will go in as they are developed.

Archived