Issues Update

Wolf

Official News 6/11/2003 1:53:32 AM

Dear fellow Aerynthians,

As Ubiq and I promised in last Friday’s “State of Shadowbane” letter, we wanted to give the Shadowbane community an update of where we stand in addressing some outstanding service issues:

Login Server Issues: We have narrowed down the problem to two different software related causes and are currently working with our software vendors to get permanent fixes to the problems. Once we receive these fixes and they pass our QA testing, we will update the login servers. For those of you that have not been able to login to Shadowbane regardless of the login servers’ status, we strongly believe that these problems are related to the same two causes and that they will clear up once the fixes are in place. In the meantime, we will continue to fix as many accounts as we can manually.

Server Lag & Memory Leaks: We continue to believe the underlying cause behind the lag is related to memory usage on our servers. The programmers are currently taking steps to improve the game’s memory usage and have made some good progress that we hope will make it into the next patch.

Cities with missing buildings or missing trees of life: The tool I mentioned last week to investigate asset disappearances is almost complete. The CCR team should be using this tool by the end of the day Wednesday. The CCR team continues to investigate petitions as they are received, but so far all instances have been caused by players and not bugs.

Patch Update: The patch is currently being tested by our QA team, and we are planning to release the patch next Monday, June 16th. There were some last minute fixes necessary to address some of our current issues. I want to make sure that the patch is fully tested before releasing. Look for Vosx’s complete patch notes later this week.

I would like to thank you again for your continued support. I will continue to update the Shadowbane community every few days as things progress.

Sincerely,

Erik, a.k.a. “Yitzhak”

Live Producer, Shadowbane

Ubi.com

Not too promising. They hope they may have found the cause for part of one of the problems, and they're working on a possible solution that may be ready for the next patch, amd might help to address some of the issues. Is that basically what they said? Lotta mights, maybes, parts, partials, etc. I'll believe it when I see it live. Until then, it's just politician speak - lotsa words, not much said.

Jas

Archived