A few questions

Triston

Ok, I am considering a new game. Ive sat through some pretty tough times for UO, but this is just too much. I wont go into the details of my greivences, but let it suffice to say that they are varied and many, and seem unlikly to be resolved. So with that in mind I am considering moving to a new game. While I wish that Horizons was out already, I cant help but notice how popular this game is becoming. So, without any further adue, here are my questions:

1) There is not a player based crafting system is there?

2) Is the polital aspect of this game as indepth as the websites make it seem, or is it simply RPed up?

3) How is the retention of the game? As in, is leveling horridly redundent and mindnumbing, or is it something one does not mind doing?

4) The charicter class's/races: How indepth are they? Can I basicly play ANYTHING, or is it limited to the classic steriotypes? And I do realize that we are an all human guild now, and have no issue with that. But if I wanted to be say a Political Assassin, is that plausable for a human?

5) How fluid is it? Is lag a major issue?

6) Where do we stand on the Political Totempole

7) Transportation? Is there horses, "recalling" or whatever. I hated running around in DAoC!

8) How avid is the RP on the shard. Is it adults, or a bunch of kids pretending to be adults as though we cant tell?

Ok, Im quite done for the moment, but if I like what I hear, be ready for more!

1) no crafting system

2) open the Pandora's Box of shadowbane politics and you'll never get it closed again

3) leveling is easy... leveling is very easy... and fast

4) the options at character creation can be a bit overwhelming at first (especially after playing games where if you didnt set a character up a certain way they'd be hopelessly gimped)

5) "in the beginning there was lag and the world was lag and the world was full of lag". Now it's down to normal levels most of the time

6) ((guess I'll leave this one to Martok or someone))

7) Healers can summon you to where they are. You can recall back to your city (by spell if a mage, by scroll if not). There's also runegates to get to other regions if you have a traveller rune

8) the good, the bad, and the fugly

In reference to question number 6:

This game is extremely political. In fact, there is more politics in this game than any other MMORPG.

As far as where do we stand on the totempole: What day is it?

The mourning server of SB has by and large the best "adult" group you will find. Most of the little kiddies are treated so badly in game they quit the game or go to a new server.

Alrighty then, excluding the first answer, all seems good. Now a few guild focused questions!

1) Hows our player base? Are we just now getting going, or did enough people come over from other games to give us a good launch point?

2) After reading up on some website Im even more intrigued by the assassin idea. How many assassins does our guild have?

3) Are we the "good guys" or the "bad guys" or are we mearly humans?

4) Do we have any major goals for the guild? (Long or short term)

5) How involved are us non-leaders in the city?

6) Is guild warring like UO where its a constant ongoing thing, or is it preplaned surgical strikes?

7) Would I be useful to the guild as an assassin?

Ok, Ill stop again, dont wanna throw too much out there. :D

1) Hows our player base? Are we just now getting going, or did enough people come over from other games to give us a good launch point?

We had a decent player base going. Not sure what will happen since our guild structure is changing. I anticipate losing a few.

2) After reading up on some website Im even more intrigued by the assassin idea. How many assassins does our guild have?

Only two or three.

) Are we the "good guys" or the "bad guys" or are we mearly humans?

We are the good guys. (all races but Irekei and Minotaur. All classes but Confessor, Templar, Thief)

5) How involved are us non-leaders in the city?

Your role is just as important if not more important than the leaders.

6) Is guild warring like UO where its a constant ongoing thing, or is it preplaned surgical strikes?

There is no other PvP game like this one. What day is it?

7) Would I be useful to the guild as an assassin?

Yes

Martok my man, let nobody ever call you ignorent. *laughs*

But seriously, you have been most helpful. I have decided to pull out of UO pvp all together, and I might (will likely) want to play SB part time. In fact, as soon as there server connectivity seems stable, I will in all liklyhood get rolling. Its truely amusing, you can always tell when SB goes down as UO's population jumps three fold.

Ill be in touch on this issue, and thanks again everyone who replied.

Archived