Guild Contest

i have a +5 stat scroll , which i want to give to a guild member

so to be fair ive decided to have a contest for it..

its a contest of writing a short story

rules are sign out and post as a guest so that nobody knows who wrote what . and i ask that you tell nobody which one is yours except me , can give me the tittle via pigeon..

that way the guild can decide which one they like best and will be the winner

lora

The rain fell between the leaves like tiny crystals lighting the canopy of the forest like a clear spring night filled with starts. A lone figure walked through the damp foliage, not noticing the breathtaking view around him or the horrid wound across his chest. His skin was pale as the ash of a funeral pyre, his eyes rimmed with the red of his last lifeblood.

He had to see her one last time.

He held a sword in his hand he no longer had the strength to lift above is waist, and his shield clung to his forearm due to its leather straps alone. The varied denizens of the forest made well to keep from his path, for they had known him before. He was the destroyer, he was death.

To see her deep blue eyes.

He climbed the last rocky hill and looked down upon the sweeping valley ablaze with a hundred tiny fires, and filled with shadows struggling to destroy each other. Man and daemon twisted into each other in a fatal dance that killed both more often then not, and left yet more fire and blood upon the once fertile depression.

The way the moonlight danced in her hair.

He stumbled down the hill, trying for all he was worth to stay afoot, and then he saw her. Deep in the midst of all the chaos she danced her horrid dance, felling man and beast alike in a graceful poetry that defied words. Her alibaster skin seemed to drink in the starlight as a mist of blood followed in her path, and her ebon wings fell into the darkness as though it was a part of her, and not the other way around.

To touch her stone cold hand.

He who had been death for so long moved forward without fear, without reserve. He had accepted his fate, and she smiled at him as he advanced. The daemons and dragons around her fell back to give the man a path, and the slowly crept towards each other, neither saying a word.

To taste her ruby lips.

He fell at her feet, tears welling in his eyes, and he knew no pain. Even as she sank her long dark claws into his back, a smile touched his face. As the darkness surrounded the man in black the world that had done him so much wrong seemed such a wonderful place, here in her eternal embrace.

2nd story

As the warrior slowly edged to the corner of the swamp castles wall, he found himself outnumbered as usual. Somewhat of a loner, The warrior was grateful for his allies in the guild. He was thinking of whom could be in time to help him if things went badly. He didn’t expect it to, as the odds were only 13 to 1. Better than he was used to. Unfortunately his foes were vast and varied. He lured them to the corner by using rocks and tapping noises, and then bashed in the mounted savages teeth and facemask with his war mace. 12 to 1. After seeing the fate of their comrades they realized that obviously something was amiss. And they weren’t so stupid as to ignore the response of the first to turn the corner. By this time the warrior had replaced his mace with a bow and arrow, and peeked around the corner, noticing a new enemy he didn’t see before, and took out two more enemies. 11 to 1, the 11th being this strange new foe. The warrior was forced to ignore it right now though as some of the original enemies attempted to sneak up on him, but he had noticed their approach and waited for the exact moment, lashing out with his kryss dismembering one and killing two. 8 to 1. In a matter of seconds he had eliminated 6 of his enemies. Now the best ones were left. A Juggernaut, 2 Juka warriors, 2 mages, 2 Solen warriors, and this new and yet familiar foe… he readied his Greater Explosion Potions, charging them and knocking out both mages and a Juka with them, at the same time stabbing the other Juka with his poisoned dagger. 4 to 1. The Juggernaut was immensely powerful, but also ridiculously slow, so he ranked lowest on the threat list. The Solen warriors were a different matter. Strong, fast, and deadly. They worked together battering and pounding at his armor, waiting for an opening to inflict a killing blow. They should have been watching more carefully, as when they started to spit acid at the warrior, who dodged suddenly and they both started to get eaten by each others acid. By now the odds were 2 to 1. But they had the advantage of an unknown and unfamiliar foe for the brave one. The Juggernaut had finally reached him now, and he adeptly slipped his final 5 Greater explosions beneath the Juggernauts armor and he threw himself to the side and covered himself. An extremely loud and horrible noise of explosions and screaming filled the air for a split second, before ceasing. This new enemy was a completely unknown quantity. It resembled a formidable monster called a plague beast, but it was much larger and probably much more powerful. As the courageous warrior circled the amorphous blob of acid and debris, it seemed to regard him with more curiosity than with hostility. He was unsure of whether or not he should get a preemptive attack, when suddenly the monster lunged to the left, devouring a fleeing jackrabbit, leaving him bewildered. What was going on here? Did he just see the blob EAT the rabbit? He was now very interested in not going one on one in close quarters with this creature. But he couldn’t very well retreat and have some unwitting travelers’ death upon his head for not removing this monster. As he readied his bow and arrows, he realized now why it was familiar. This was one of the supposedly extinct creatures from a past time. A plague beast lord; the creature that was thought to have been wiped out in the liberation of Brittania cities, carrier of the infamous plague beast mutation core. Apparently he had unwittingly come upon this fearsome beast after it was once more awoken. He had to warn his comrades and allies. He saw the creature sort of quiver, and finely honed instincts made him dive and roll away, but even that wasn’t fast enough, the creature shot an extremely acidic spray at where he was, missing him except for one of his feet. He felt excruciating pain and did all he could to ignore it, looking down at the acid burns where his sandals and armor had gaps in them, and he saw his armor and sandal dissolving under the volatile fumes. He barely had time to bandage his leg before the creature quivered again, and expecting it to spray he dove out of the bare hard soil and into the mud to his right. He managed to completely escape what he predicted was another spray but the creature lunged forward where he had been standing, and was now less than 4 feet away. He could smell the horrible stink of the sulphurous acid that composed the creature, and noticed that not only did the creatures acid burn what it attacked it was scarring the ground and leaving a trail of smoking mud and evaporating swamp water. He quickly thought through his remaining options. With one injured foot and a considerable amount of energy already consumed from fighting the other creatures he didn’t know for sure whether or not he could win if he stayed. He could either run, die, fight, recall, or send a pigeon for help. His sense of responsibility towards any innocent who might encounter this creature quickly removed the options of running or recalling. He most certainly didn’t want to die. So he had to decide whether to fight with all his skill and might or to chance a pigeon that may or may not be answered in time to help him and may distract him so much that it leaves him vulnerable. He chose the only one he could. Both. He came up out of the mud with a noise and notched, drew, aimed, and fired an arrow at it and then sprinted into the nearby swamp castle, flinging open the door and shutting and locking it. He hurriedly wrote out a note that he attached to his pigeon and sent it away. He was glad it didn’t have hands and it couldn’t open the door. That was when he heard a hissing. He looked at the doors as they started to smoke and dissolve, flow like liquid and give him a glimpse of the creatures flesh. He now realized that his skill and attacks alone could keep him alive till help arrived, and nothing he tried to block the creature with would hold it anymore. The creature burned through the first set of doors, and he hurriedly slammed shut the second set of doors, where in horror he saw it was dissolving far faster. The creature now realized how much acid it needed to burn through metal and stone. At this point realized it would be at least 2 minutes before any help was arriving. The only people he knew he could always count on were at least 1 and a half minutes distance by pigeon from his current location. Suddenly he got an idea. He hurriedly poisoned a piece of ham and threw it at the creature, and waited in hope it would stop the monster. But it was of no use. The beast was coming, and only death would prevent it from making a meal out of its opponent. He quickly pulled out his war mace and with all his strength swung it right at the gelatinous aberration. With a liquid sound it sank into the creatures’ body, and the fighter barely had enough strength to pry it out of the hideous mass of ooze. He stared at his mace as the acid slowly ate through it.*******He now realized how lucky he was that it had sprayed him with lower level acid at first, and not the acid it was using now. He quickly lost all presumptions of winning this fight. But he didn’t have to. All he had to do was stave off its malicious relentless attacks for 45 more seconds. He felt like it was 45 Minutes. He suddenly had an idea of how to slow it down a bit. He ran behind a support pillar and watched the creature eat through it. He took off running, as the ceiling fell down on top of it. He couldn’t hear any hissing; didn’t see any movement in the rubble; he prayed it was dead. But the creature was faster than he thought. The attack came from the left, and was totally unexpected, knocking him up and into a stone wall, driving the breath from his lungs. He only had to wait for 30 more seconds. The creature advanced on him, as he struggled to rise. He fought past the pain and weakness, and feebly stood up. His back was at least badly bruised and one of his ribs was on fire, possibly broken. He knew he had no chance at evading this attack, in his condition. He whispered slight curses and gasps of pain, as he rued the day he thought he could defeat it. 15 seconds more. But now the abomination was within arms length, and it quivered, and he went limp, falling under the attack, and had 10 seconds to wait. He was now defenseless. Nothing he had could so much as slow it down. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, as the acidic pseudopodia lunged at him. And suddenly it stopped. Why would it have stopped? That’s when he noticed the creature had suddenly turned to an icy color. He thanked the gods that he was wrong about how long it would be before help arrived. He looked up at his friend and colleague, whom was a beautiful tamer, who was holding a hand out to him. He took the hand and made sure not to touch her where he had the acid on him. He was a mess. Half his armor was dissolving; he had nasty acid burns on his side and foot. He went to the creature and said “why did it change color?” she only shook her head, and he decided he’d have to give this one much thought. As she said the words “Vas Rel Por” a gate to PGoH Olympus opened and he went through with her just behind him. He thanked her, who replied “Hey, its what friends are for. Lets go get you some fresh armor” And with that and “Vas Rel Por” they went to the city of Britain to buy some new armor.

WIZARD LIVED

IN TOWER OLD

A LONESOME MAN

WHOSE HEART BEAT COLD

THROUGH COUNTLESS DAYS

HE DID REST

WITH SAID ICE

INSIDE HIS CHEST

WORKING MAGIKS

THOUGH NOT FOR EVIL

THE NAIVE TOWN FOLK

MOST CALLED HIM DEVIL

FEARED AND DESPISED

BY ALL AROUND

HERMITTED TO

HIS TOWER GROUND

THEN ON DAY

THERE CAME A RUMBLE

TOWARD THE TOWER

TOWN FOLK DID GRUMBLE

STORMED THE GATE

WITH AXE AND TORCH

THE WIZARD THEY

DID MEAN TO SCORCH

A MAIDEN FAIR

HAD BEEN RAVAGED

ACCUSED THE WIZARD

AS A SAVAGE

AS THEIR NUMBERS

SURROUND THE KEEP

AN ORC HORDE CREPT

FROM FORREST DEEP

THE ORCISH MAGE

CAST A SPELL

AND ON THE HORDE

A SILENCE FELL

UPON THE VILLAGERS

THEY GREW NEAR

CAME UNDETECTED

FROM THE REAR

THROUGH THE GATE

WIZARD EMERGES

FEARFUL THEN

THE CROWD DIVERGES

RAISES STAFF

HIGH IN THE AIR

WORDS OF POWER

AND DETERMINED GLARE

WITH A CRASH

SO MIGHTY LOUD

FLEW BOLTS OF LIGHTNING

OUT THROUGH THE CROWD

YET ALL THE FOLK

THE BOLTS IGNORED

AND FELL UPON

THE ORCISH HORDE

TAKEN TO FLIGHT

ALL SHAKEN THUS

HALF THEIR NUMBER

REDUCED TO DUST

THEN TO THE FOLK

THE TRUTH APPEARED

AND FOR THE WIZARD

CLAPPED AND CHEERED

AS THEY CAME

TO KNOW HIM WELL

THEIR FRIENDSHIP HELPED

TO BREAK THE SPELL

FOREVER MORE

HE WAS KNOWN

AS GOOD KING WIZARD

UPON HIS THRONE

THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE

A silent figure glided across the room, brooding, wondering when would be his chance to rid his world of the plague known only as “The Purple Guardians”. The walls and floors were strewn with evidence of great battles and the spoils of war. Suddenly the door burst open. “Lord Exodus! Sire! They have begun to arrive”. Slowly he turned and what seemed to be a sneer crossed his face “At last! Vengeance shall be Mine!!”

Emperor Logan sat worried in his chambers. Although turmoil seemed to be easing, He still felt unrest within the empire and an air of uneasiness was all around him. A knock came to his door. ”Sire your presence is needed immediately in the throne room” Steel said with a sullen look on his face. “ I know, I have felt it all day” murmured the old gray haired man.

As he entered the room and sat he couldn’t help but feel the unrest in the air. Marcus, who had been through so much of late, was there along with Steel, Senator Lora and Senator Ballyn. “Speak, Tell me what transpires here” said Logan. Marcus was the first to speak “It seems that evil is again on the rise in Felucca sire”. Ballyn chimed in “ Forces of evil are gathering all over the lands Sire. I know not what is afoot but it seems to be large scale” Everyone nodded in agreement then Lora spoke “ The council has heard rumors of a meeting in the lands of Ilshenar which may have a significant meaning to all these gatherings. We have seen the need to infiltrate this meeting so we have sent someone in under a guise” Logan stood “ This is most disturbing news ,who have we sent?” As one the group announced “LUKKAN”

A large Jukan Warrior stood by a darkened fireplace, lost in thought. “ Kabur, I should have known Exodus would call you to this meeting “ shouted a steely voice. Kabur turned “ Ah it is my most hated ally, Blackthorn. Why would Lord Exodus give you another chance to serve him after all your…. Failures?” With an enfuriated look , Blackthorn replied “ Remember this day feeble Jukan for it shall be the last in which I hold council with toads. For if we meet away from this place it will surely be your last meeting ever.”

Kabur started to reply but before he could get the words out the large doors at the end of the hall opened. Through the doors glided the large figure known only as Exodus. “ My loyal subjects please be seated .” Exodus announced as he sat at the head of the huge stone table. Kabur and Blackthorn sat on opposite sides of the table staring at each other with total contempt and wondering why they had been summoned. Servants brought what seemed to be a feast for the mighty beings seated at the table. “ Luke , make sure you show my other guest in as soon as she arrives” Said Exodus. “Yes, sire” the pale figure replied.

“ Now I’m sure you are all wondering why I summoned you here. For years we have languished in our particular areas whilst our enemies come and go as they please. Well I say, NO MORE!! We shall join our forces and take the same strategy as our enemies, Divide and Conquer. You all know the enemy of whom I speak , The so-called Purple Guardians of Honor. Our every move has been thwarted by their advances and why you might ask. Because we always attack alone. Well I propose an alliance of our forces to attack and kill them where they least expect it. Where they hunt and feel safe.”

Just then the large doors opened again, “ Ah Mother, You have arrived “ spoke Exodus.

As an evil woman who could only be Minax entered the room. “ At last our alliance is complete!!” And an evil laugh emanated from the room.

The servant known as Luke headed quickly through the great halls speaking only to himself “ I must alert the others of the Evil which has been gathered against us” As he reached the exit he threw off his guise and there stood Lukkan Mortain! “ To Olympus” he shouted as he mounted his steed.

Being Extremely excited with the engagement to my beloved I have been inviting all of my friends to the wedding when the date comes.I recieve a message from one of my good friends Doddz ,whom I sent a message to of the news.The message says to tell my betrothed that 'he will be the one to fell him'.

I send a message back to Doddz to meet me at the Brit bank,while waiting I ran into another friend Adon Freewind.I told him of the frightening news,the news I couldnt bear to tell my love.Adon couldnt believe such a thing and at that moment he vowed to protect me and my love.At that moment I recieved a message from Doddz that he is now in the bank,I let Adon know but in the normal crowd of the Brit bank we got seperated from one another.

I go into the bank alone afraid but willing to face anything that happens.I ask Doddz why he wants to kill my love Aralo.He snaps back 'Where is he?'

I didnt answer but again ask why.Doddz yells at me 'Where Is He!'

I ask again why; enfuriated he rides off.I follow him all the way to the Britian moongate where he stops and asks once again where Aralo is,but I return with I wont say because all you wish to do is kill him.Doddz yells to me ,'You dont know WHAT I think!!'

Kal Ort Por comes from his lips and he disappears.

I travel through the Brit moongate to Skara Brae.I send one more message to Doddz telling him to meet Aralo & I at the Brit moongate.

I get to the moongate before Doddz,nervous I pace back and forth waiting.Finally Doddz appears,I tremble at the sight of him.

'Where is he?!'

'I didnt bring him,I wasnt going to endanger Aralo'

'WENCH!!!!' screams Doddz 'you can join your fiancee in death!'

He asks me to come through the moongate with him to Buccaneers Den.

'Why so you can kill me?'

'Not at all'

We travel through the gate, Doddz stands outside the gate,with an uneasy feeling i stand within the gate.

'DAMN!' he exclaims and rides off.

I go a little down the road and from nowhere Doddz storms toward me.I begin to run and he stops.

'Can you tell me why?'he asks me.

'Why what?'I question him.

'You Know' he says.

'Know what?'I ask ,at that moment Doddz storms again,I was unexpecting and was not going to raise a sword to him;by the time I had started running again he had struck me.Then again knocking me off my steed,with that he made one final strike and I layed there within an inch of my life.Doddz stood over me laughing 'Tell that to your fiancee.'