the obligatory rant

Chris

MGA is expanding way too much outside their territory. It's starting to remind me of Denied...

I will fully respect and honor the "non-agression pact" and keep my furry werecat butt out of MGA's borders as they were originally set, but anything outside that is merely an outpost in the wilds and does not grant the right to kick people out of the area (meaning I'll stay out of those cities, but not the zones they attempt to claim as their own).

That said, Im going to start exploring the area that the Commander rune spawns in (it's the principle of it) and maybe see what kind of mobs I can find there to hunt (too many lizardmen gets sooo boring). You guys dont even have an outpost there, much less an actual right to claim that land. I will not be caged and limited to only roam the wilds within that block of land that LT has claimed and which hasnt expanded any. I will roam free and explore the lands as is my right.

*takes some more cold medicine and goes back to bed*

(Clears throat) Ok, this is the reason i can see why we want at least a few "outpost cities". After reading the soon to come updates, I recall that there is going to be a root system for travel. This system will resemble the one we use earlier in the game on the starter island, but without the guild change. An individual will eventually be able to teleport to any guild city by using the runemaster. So, wouldn't you want to be able to teleport to a far away place rather than run, or beg for a summons?........

Second, The game is that of Conquest and empire building. Although they may have expanded, if it were aggressive expansion, MGA would of attacked several other guilds by now that are very close. What's the use of slaying anyone if you have no commerce? There are many reasons why MGA is growing, perhaps it's because they welcome ALL good people, regardless of race or class....they'll figure.

Veironymous Mange

-Don't touch me.....

all im saying is i'll stay out of the originally claimed area, but i still intend to explore the rest of the world and i dont intend to track down whoever's online from MGA's inner council in order to do it just because your nation decides to spread all over the place

There are many reasons why MGA is growing, perhaps it's because they welcome ALL good people, regardless of race or class....they'll figure.

I take that as meaning I'll be welcomed when I go for a walk along the northern shore :)

*enters rp vs arac philosophy mode momentarily*

Im still trying to figure out tho if there's any possible way to roleplay templars and confessors as accepting all races without completely turning against the temple of the cleansing flame and thus ceasing to be templars and confessors...

To quote the lore:

"Malorn and his closest followers wrote the Book of Swords, detailing a new creed and vision for the Holy Church. Malorn's words were given weight by the fact that he and his followers could work miracles far more easily than the Prelates of the bewildered Church. Visions and prophecies delivered by the Archons spread Malorn's gospel among the scattered fragments of Aerynth, and once the Runegates were opened Malorn went to the Holy City of Dalgoth to proclaim his new faith to the Patriarch himself. The Bishops and Cardinals of the Church were impressed with Malorn's zeal, but dismayed by his message. Malorn preached the virtues of the Cleansing Flame, which burns away sin, sickness, and impurity. According to him, the Sons of Men are the only true Children of the All-Father, and every other race must be swept away before He will return to Aerynth and reward the faithful."

I can fully understand accepting less trusted races as long as the individual doesnt live up to their race's poor reputatio (heck, I've been trying to convince the biggots in LT leadership that minotaurs arent born as Morloch worshippers), but the defining characteristic of the temple of the cleansing flame is that they hate ALL races other than human.

It is possible for several religions, creeds, minions, etc to live in one place....Look at pre-crusade Jerusalem. Ruled by the Egyptians, it allowed all (muslim, christian, jewish) whom were in the area live in relative peace. Then some stranger, whom wanted a hand in the spice trade, ruined it all.(That's another debate I'm sure)

Oh, and this is STILL a game, if you're getting this mad about it, stop playing, take a break from it. This is a FANTASY game, to which many things are possible. In a FANTASY game, a group of people can decide whatever they want to happen. Even if it means going against lore that isn't even enforced. Let people make their own stories Chris. As for going to the northern shore, well, you take your chances as we do in other places.

Don't hate our success, your hatred may be what defeats you.

Perhaps you should try a political way of getting what you want.

-Veironymous Mange

Oh, and this is STILL a game, if you're getting this mad about it, stop playing, take a break from it. This is a FANTASY game, to which many things are possible. In a FANTASY game, a group of people can decide whatever they want to happen. Even if it means going against lore that isn't even enforced. Let people make their own stories Chris. As for going to the northern shore, well, you take your chances as we do in other places.

Don't hate our success, your hatred may be what defeats you.

Perhaps you should try a political way of getting what you want.

-Veironymous Mange

Those who know me know that I debate things in my head all the time and will often start up an actual debate just to get other people's points of view and find out the reasoning behind those points of view. Did I ever say that Im mad at MGA for having cities and stuff all over the place? I actually think that would be good for trade (if the major alliances allowed free trade :\ )

"Don't hate our success"

And so another topic arises for "debate". What constitutes success? High population? Lots of cities? The ability to slaughter those who displease you? Denied had all of those, MGA has all of those, LT has all of those except the lots of cities part (actually makes finding good hunting groups soooo easy having one city tho :) ). I define success as the point in time when there is no longer a need for wars or even non-agression pacts. How do you define it?

--Jaefeth, the tree-hugging throat-ripping werepanther of Sanguine Wild--

^^*look above for hair-brained idea*^^

I don't know Matrim, but I like the idea. You could spout off that you kill hundreds a day, but when it comes down to it you run away. I think it would be fun, could develop a pretty whacked personality, that or insanity. Hmmm, RP an insane/schizophrenic person.

The toilets tell me what to do! :)

would be fun to play, yes

wouldnt be a serial killer then tho :)

What I'd like to hear is rp reasons behind templars and confessors turning against the teachings of their faith. That'd make some good reading.

As for me, I roleplay a werewolf who INSISTS that he's a panther. (I'll post the story here for your amusement after I've come up with words for it that dont sound like they were written by a second grader :p )

Chris, are you insane? This game is built on war. Remember it was originaly called "Carnage". Pvp, and the fact that it is constant was a main selling point. Another is the politics, and guild structures. If you just want to hold hands go play EQ. Perhaps what you mean by success is to be an island of peace and commerce in a sea of Chaos? Ardan wants that to...as many guilds do. There are some guilds, though, who are built on destruction. From what I recall, MGA is not one of them. Although they do wage war on various miscreant guilds. Think of most guilds as a prelate; Someone who heals, keeps the peace and is willing to fight for it.

Besides we may have other things to worry about. Some sort of event coming? What was his name? oh yes....The Destroyer?

In a FANTASY game, a group of people can decide whatever they want to happen.  Even if it means going against lore that isn't even enforced.

so basically "play how you want to play as long as it doesnt interfere with starting wars"?

That's the same thing I hear from many in LT. That's why they wont allow irekei and minotaurs who dont even live up to the evil stereotypes.

I play a character who fights when he needs to fight but understands the value of peace and isnt content with the hostile nature of "non-agression pacts".

I will continue to play that way because it's a good fit for who I am in real life. I will fight and I will kill as needed to protect all that is good. I will oppose all whose goal is merely to keep wars going so they wont run out of people to kill. I will NOT fight simply for the sake of fighting.

And if you want me to go play that crappy game of Everquest you're gonna have to drag me there yourself :eatchicken:

so basically "play how you want to play as long as it doesnt interfere with starting wars"?

No, that is not what I'm saying. I am saying that YOU should not tell others how to play a game. If YOU want a guild the doesn't want to fight wars then YOU and other like-minded can start one. You act as if Mga and all its sub guilds are warmongers bent on defeating all other guilds. The last I heard, that wasn't the plan. What happend to the Alliance of Mga and LT? Did it die with Denied?

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.

By the way Chris, this is a fun political discussion. Keep it coming! :eatchicken:

allies dont close their borders to each other.

they welcome each other with open arms and enjoy the increased cashflow to their vendors and trainers.

and if i want to roleplay a character who tells people they should seek peace I can and will.

Hothgorn, I see you're very upset. Take a moment and breathe. And remember this is a roleplaying GAME.

"Oh, and this is STILL a game, if you're getting this mad about it, stop playing, take a break from it."

Munch on some catnip, get some rest, and chill.

I'll just put in my .02 here.

I'm not involved in the politics of all of this nor have I been in the country long enough to really form an opinion, but in several groups that I've been in, we've discussed somethings about the powers-that-be in Aerynth, and most people say that Tygrt needs to mind his own business and that MGA is expanding too much.

I really don't know, but a majority of the people that I've talked to think MGA is getting too powerful.

Shatner soup: Take one William Shatner, dice into bite size pieces.

Boil 40 gallons water, add 4lbs carrots.

Add 5 lb potatoes.

Add Shatner.

Serves 75.

:D

God I missed you Hoth. You crack me up.

Archived