Stromm Server

Rumblebore

I wanted something different to do and so I thought I try the new server and see what raising a char with absolutely no hope of twinking would be like. So yesterday, I went to Stromm and tried it out.

/cut to 1970’s movie with Charlton Heston wearing an animal skin, behind bars, being hosed down by a guy in a gorilla suit.

QUOTE: It’s a Madhouse!! – A Madhouse!!

/cutback to present day

I tried a chanter, thinking of how important Breeze, C2, etc would be, and realizing even a CHA buff would generate revenue. Quickly changed to a Pally, since I know how to raise a dwarven pally pretty well. But even then, it was gonna be too hard. WAAAAYYYYY too much competition and ks’ing going on. I needed a solid char that would be able to handle claiming the mobs and surviving.

Answer – a Pet Class. a Tank and a nuker/damage dealer combo.

So I made an Erudite Mage. Natural Int made me choose him, so that INT based equipment could wait while I leveled. Level 1-4 was slow and plodding, but once I got the coin for a pet, a summon dagger, and some malachites to summon, wheeeeeeeeeeeeee. I went to toxx forest since I expected fewer people and there were many fewer players there. Gfay had a constant 200 people, Butcherblock had 130, I never made it to FP and that area but heard it was also bad, and Qeynos seemed to be busy with about 110.

Toxx had only 60. So, I went around hitting F8 to target a close mob and set up a hotkey with /petattack on it. Within 30 mins I made level 5. I have run a mage up to level 30 before on another server so I know many out of the way locs for leveling, since I am NEVER going to use Paludal in this madhouse environment and want to get plat for my spells and equipment, especially to raise tailoring for equipment up.

The bazaar is almost all tradeskill items.

I also chose the mage because he can summon items that are beneficial in this environment and also will be able to summon Leather, Chain and other armors that will help raids to get better equips and sellables.

I wanted to share this because if you were considering Stromm, beware. It is newbie hell, and attempts to collect items for newbie armor quests is at a premium and people are both helpful announcing drops rotting and also a lot of selfish ks’ing and a lot of spamming the shout and ooc’ing. Lots of people from other servers, but only a few who know how to play decently.

A nasty environment.

Also, I would appreciate any secrets you may have for a mage to level and gain items in what will probably be a very crowded place for lower levels for quite a while. I have a guild and the leaders have in one day added 50 people, and the leaders are already commanding that grouping is essential for leveling – they want to grow.

Once I get to 8 and my new spells I will be there with them.

So, there it is. A different environment but fun in its own way – totally new strategies, no chance of twinking or special level 50 items dropping into my lap. It will be a nice place for occasional play and yes, you may miss me for a while, but I will NEVER leave my guild or friends here.

That Actually sounds like FUN!!!! I however would of course make a wizard..... You dont beat them for instant damge to disput KS'ing if you choose that route. They dont need too much in the way of Clothes either..... man a no twinking enviroment that sounds like a whole lotta fun.... Seriously.

Synthania

Hell, I might try it out. I'd make a necro cause they are u-bah in soloing, or maybe a shaman. In a crowded server with a bunch of newbs, I dont wanna be stuck grouped with a newb cleric /gulp.

"Incoming! got a few adds!"

"What's an ad?"

"Extra guys, gotta kill them too"

"Oh ok, Il help"

(Begins nuking the adds)

"Why are they hitting me?"

"Because you nuked them, crazy cleric. heal yourself!"

"I dont have any mana from nuking"

You have removed yourself from the group.

Hehe, solo class, yup yup. Maybe we could expand the guild to Stromm /shrug

My first character ever was on Vallon-Zek, and that is where Kageto is from as well (before he cleverly switched servers). A few months ago Kageto and I wanted to try a new server, so we picked Rallos-Zek. It was the most empty place imaginable. Every zone was almost empty, we felt so alone. Also this is a pvp server and it was before PoP, so I was stuck in the zones around Shar Vahl, which were COMPLETELY empty every time I played. We tried making some trips through whatever tunnel it is that goes to Nexus, but were killed every time. Needless to say that kitty is no more and I'm back to Innoruuk. However, I still play on Vallon-Zek every now and then, and since it is also pvp, my characters have pretty bad armor. Figuring out which zones you can go to is tough, but the bazaar is very interesting since the highest priced items are those in high resists, rather than in wis or int or ac, etc. Not sure what my point is, but just wanted to talk about my crazy other-server experiences. If you all decide to try out Stromm more, be sure to join our slotfriends channel. That was one of the main reasons for me setting it up. When I played on Vallon-Zek, I could join the officer channel, but I still wanted to be in contact with the guild as a whole, so I could switch to Altarial if she was needed. I don't think I could handle being a newb again, like on Rallos Zek. Too many groups is bad, but no groups at all is bad also :) Hope you all have a good time on Stromm.

I started a Froggie Shaman, named Gazmek in honor of the troll that destroyed his ancestors 500 years ago, and I can say this, that server is CRAZY!!! C-R-A-Z-Y!! Every newbie zone has 100+ ppl in it! In PoK, instead of KEI and Aego, you hear Breeze and SoW. The highest lvls are 31!! Rawhide armor goes for PLAT! It has to be the funnest server ever! You guys gotta make a char on it, I'll be logging in during the early times and getting on Svint later in the day. Spend hours in Freeport, competing against 100 lvl 3s just to get a rat tail to sell for a plat...just like the game was new...

Oh btw, Verina Tomb and Hadden are ALWAYS up! Wish it was like that on Inny lol :) Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

It is funny that you mention the Rat tails, because I found a spot where the rats tend to spawn in 3's and I get a tail almost every spawn. At level 6, that is big money.

Steamfont by the windmills, a group of plague rats spawn every 15 mins or so and march to the guard there, lots of money right there. That's how i made money with my gnomie necro (Goner, retired at 16 when my bro went back to inny) when i was on a pvp server (t-zek, team server). I was part of a shorty guild "Assassins of the Underfoot" You didn't mess with us, we pushed all the elves out of crushbone a few times, it was good fun.

I don't think that their will be a lot of newbies. I bet there will be a lot of "Well i have a 65 or x-server" people that are so intelligent and want to tell you how to do everything.

Have fun there svin, and don't forget your inny home.

Thanks for the info Nurlaten.

Aqua Gobbies (and regular goblins, just not as commonly) in Butcherblock drop Green Goblin Heads and Steins that sell for 4 pp each - just found that out yesterday, so I plan on getting to level 8 and staying in BB for a while, raising the PP for spells.

As for armor, the newbie quests are SOOOOO camped and being overdone. I have some cloth but paying gold for a 1 AC item seems pretty expensive for the payback. Researching alternate means of getting armored up.

And I will NEVER forget inny server. Rumble is 50% into getting run 3 and then it is level- level - level!

They nerfed aqua goblins. Atleast on inny, maybe for stromm they decided not to change it.

The items that used to sell for 4 pp each now sell for a couple silver.

The reason was that higher levels were camping the area for the money. I know i used to agro all of the goblins then cast a pbaoe or two and loot them all, 30 secs of work netted me 30-40 pp. Unfortunatly it's now a plat from clearing the whole camp.

Good luck with making some money, i think once you get in low teens you should look for the ogres (something greenbloods) that are in BB mounts, they drop an insignia that sells for 4pp, but i imagine they are being chased down by someone with track.

I made 2 characters on Stromm last week:

An Iksar Monk, currently level 4 and

a Halfling Druid, currently level 3

While I have seen both FoB and Misty teeming with new life... I have never seen so many rude and obstinate people in any zone.

Happy day! :)

Nurl;

I had received that last tip before logging.

I went and tested it yesterday and found it was a crap shoot like you said.

However, Killing GREEN gobbies nets you 2 things I KNOW sell for 4pp:

Green Goblin Head

Green Goblin Blood.

All camps in BB seem to be well camped. - They are also far apart so no AE pulls from multi camps are really possible.

I did notice that the newbie zones are clearing a bit, now that people are moving on to higher level zones. Things are as Lolanya says - Rudeness and obstinatacy are common. However, I have met and have seen ooc's that suggest the better element is also present.

I think the basic economy is making things even worse here and now. People HAVE to get certain things and will do anythiing to get them in order to complete their newbie armor quests. But as more and more options open up, conditions will improve some, until it is time to camp mobs for specific drops. Then it will probably get ugly again.

Yes, there are about 60ppl in newbie zones now. I havent really seen much rudeness, most ppl I saw wanna help and sometimes get sonfused, but all in all havent really talked with rude ppl, aside from the "Rudeguyx shouts: d00d! yoiu suxorz!" that occasionally pops up on any server.

On a side note that has nothing at all to do with our server or guild, Afterlife has broken into PoTime...and there was much rejoicing...yaaayayy...ahem...they also ate Robin's minstrels, and there was much rejoicing...yaaayayy.... :knight:

This is a great server and gets better since all the high levelers have gained levels. Groups of people playing same character to see if they could be the first to each level and place.

I have as a mains a Barb Warrior (Tarma) and a Barb Shamen (Sarcey). Zannette, Ninye and Gayena are also on this server tho in a secondary role. I wanted the names so I made the characters and have not played them too much.

One of the best places for newbies is Qeynos where my players make about 12 pp by the time they are level 4 along with maxing out all of their weapons skills. May take a little longer but people are nicer. Have tried all other newbie zones and this one seems to be the best.

Will be back soon.

Regards, Zannette

I made an Ikky monk, dual wielding survival staves (3gp and change at a vendor, I think a 4/28 ratio, nice newb weapon), got 2 pieces of curskin, shawl and tunic, and made lvl 3 in 2 hours, which took me about 2 days on my other chars. I like this server, still will be trying to solo the armory at least a few times on Inny. First time I was unprepared without kei and died after a few kills, second time I had kei, was about to kill the smith, then my isp craps out and gets me killed. Maybe im not meant to solo anywhere cept the scouts in Dulaks.

PS. Hope everyone had fun in PoS, I was about to come up when, guess what...my isp crapped out, this better not be a daily occurance or they'll be out a customer, UGH! :smash::angry::eatchicken:

lol I think its a fun server also

I have a 20 chanter there that I have been playing in the early part of the day,

lol last night there was 246 in PC that was unreal but I still found places to solo camp

and did not get ks'ed or have issuse with other players,

Shawdar

65 Shm inny

Formidable

Shylin

20 chnter Stromm

Fire of Darkness

Archived