Donation structure and change for revitilization

In order to facilitate the continuing growth of the empire, I have been reviewing some ideas for new measures that will increase the worth of the order to its own citizens.

This concept has been discussed with our emperor and the council and has been approved for action. I have also discussed this concept with another individual whom will take a key role in its structure and operations. Now I would like to bring to the rest of your attention for input, and discussion.

Question:

How often have you seen the resources donated to the empire used for the betterment of its members?

Answer: I personally have not nor have any people I know. I am not implying that it was not done…simply it was not visible to the membership and thus, as in real life, the memberships perception becomes reality. Donations stop, (how many gems do you see donated?), as the membership does not see the benefit that it gets by doing so. Also a prime example / opportunity of showing “the good of the many” concept is lost.

Question:

How can this be changed in order to benefit the empire to its members and thus increase interest, events, donation, recruitment, and finally FUN?

My response for implementation and discussion:

Phase 1

Our current plan is the formation of a Novus Sanctum Treasury. This will be located in a building specifically designed and allocated for this purpose. All donations will be stored at this location from the start date of this initiative. All resources currently held at the Olympus compound will be left at the compound and not used. Simply, no increases will be made to that deposit because it is not accessible by current active membership in a consistent manner.

Use of resources:

These resources will be used to benefit the empires membership under the following structure. The membership of the guardians will be able to order finished goods for their personal use. This product will be sold to them at cost (bit above or below).

Example.

a) Member A requests Val armor.

b) Armor is delivered and a reasonable “Cost” (below market) is accessed.

c) That gold is returned to the empire

d) Member B requests a Cure potion Keg.

e) Gold is used to procure resources to make (regs)

f) Keg sold at cost.

g) Rinse & Repeat

The advantages to this are many.

1) Quality goods made available to the membership at a below market cost.

2) Members whom do not have the ability (skill) to make an item can procure from the empire and pay a cost that only covers material.

3) The members will actively see the resources they donated used for THEIR good.

4) Adds another benefit to being a guardian (Thus adding worth to the Empire).

5) Adds a real value to a resource gathering night (weekly event), which is soon to be implemented.

Phase 2:

After the initial phase is implemented and any issues worked out we will initiate Phase 2. Phase 2 is the initiation of a program to assist new recruits. Namely a new Legionnaire will be given a “Legionnaire Bag”

The current plan is to have that Bag contain the following depending on class and experience

Vet:

1) Recall book for PGoH specific sights (Olympus, Novas Sanctum, Treasury, etc etc.)

2) Uniform

Non -Vet in addition to what is listed above. (Young, or raw recruit)

3) Armor

4) Regs (possible Necro)

5) Small amount of Gold

6) Recalls

Advantages

1) Adds worth to the empire for those coming in.

2) Eases new recruits ability to travel to PGoH specific locations.

3) Sets the example of “good of the many” concept to new members.

Phase 3:

After a stockpile of acceptable size is obtained, the Empire’s membership will be allowed to procure raw material (bulk) at a reasonable cost. This is intended to assist the Empires citizens in training their citizens.

Advantages

1) The empires membership gains skills and thus the empire gains resources.

2) Again, adds worth to the empire for its membership.

Phase 4:

The start of a financial side to the empire and its government.

This would allow for the empire to have a financial side and thus financial influence. Gold reserves could be used for the benefit of the empire. Any and all items could be procured for the memberships use. Possibilities include expansions of Empire housing assets, weapons, armor, items for display in government offices, power scrolls for members etc etc. This would be handled as a government function (budget proposed by emperor and approved by senate.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course this is the initial design and I’m sure when all is said and done, things may be implemented differently as new ideas are brought forward. At this time as I mentioned a group of individuals that would oversee this endeavor have been discussed. Please note and understand that this group is going to be small because of the possible problems of a large group with access to the empires goods. (If something’s missing only have a few people to look at) A system of checks and balances will need to also be implemented to make sure this new program is not abused and or manipulated for personnel gain.

At this time there is no plans for sales to non-members. This plan is to benefit THE members only.

No members (crafters) taking part in this program will receive any compensation for work. The efforts of these people will be strictly as a service to the guild and its members.

I myself would not rule out totally the idea of a Guild vendor location (sales to non members at profitable levels) with profits being returned to the empire but that would be far down the road (PHASE 4).

I look forward to your comments or suggestions for improvements on this program. We will be looking to initiate the first steps for this program in the next few weeks (if not before).

As you can tell this is something I have had in consideration for a good bit of time, but until now an opportunity to do such as this had not presented itself.

Now is a time of great opportunity friends. Let us make true changes to the benefit of the empire’s population while the iron is hot.

Strength and Honor

As each of you can see this plan has been kicked around and thought out well. These efforts should not be just thrown under another perverbial rug. It has the full backing of the seat of the emperor. The advantages are many, and the disadvantages are well lets face it non-existant. Once the plan has fully taken shape i personally will make donations to each stockpile so that the resource percurement can commence. I hope each of you take an active stance on this and finally the trades aspect of the empire [which has the potential to be an overwhelming force in the land] can finally get itself off the ground.

Logan

As newly appointed Decurion i fully back this as well. I would be happy to help and donate much of the bulk of the armor and such for our recruits and weapons. in fact, many of those have been given by me personally because the empires never seemed to distribute it. Im glad you voiced this Steel and Sire

Excellent idea!! Count me in with any help i can give. I can be of help eith necro regs if need be. As far as the checks and balances are concerned, I have a suggestion. What ever amount of ppl you have that will have access to dishing out htese items, have one be the main say, treasurer, for lack of a better word. That person would count keep the ledger on the amount of items in the chests. When items are taken out by these people, have them leave a book in the chest stating the amount taken, whom took the items, and for what reason. That "treasurer" would daily, count the items and subtract the "book" amounts. As to not have this position become cumbersome, change the "treasurer" monthly. Sound good??

While I agree this sounds like a well thought out plan, and that phase 3 of this plan will be reached long before OSI's phase 3. I do still have a concern.

Who is responsible for all of these funds and items? That is going to be a tedious and stressfull job. Has the Council decided on who will fill this role?

At this time, only 3 people will have access to the resources procured. All 3 have been chosen based on a previous record of honesty. As a note all of the individuals are well enough off that the lure of stealing would be minimul. Again that was intended.

A ledger is to be kept of goods donated and counts of items.

By using three people we hope to keep the "burn out" to a Minimum.

Strength and Honor

As always Steel my family will doante and work fingers to the bone for what we need, Lora has been gathering hides

Bob has been mining

claire has been chopping wood

let me know when and were and ill drop them off

• 4 months later...

Since it appears our trade side is growing and becoming a more influencial part of our order, I feel now would be a good time to re review this.

Triston, for you in particler since you are the member most assosiated with trade.

Greetings!

Part of the contingency that was welcomed into the empire with Kaatya included several crafters who have grand-mastered the skills of Alchemy, Bowcraft, Tailoring, Mining, Smithing, Scribe, and Tinker. They stand ready to contribute their time and effort.

I've been adding gold to the locked-down piles at Olympus. I hope that is alright. If so, perhaps we could establish a location with locked-down containers for the various resources needed, such as gems, hides, ingots, boards, feathers, zoogi, powders, etc. Members could make donations at any time. The few select administrators of the resources would be the only ones able to gain access by unlocking the items when needed.

Resource procurement is one of the requirements for knighthood, but I don't think it stops there. We are a group of great people. Surely we don't need a system for donation score-keeping.

Last point. Perhaps the House of Trades could maintain a modest inventory of certain items, such as the keg example cited in Steel's initial post. Maybe have two or three of each potion type on hand for ease in distributing to members as needed, instead of having to notify an Alchemist that a keg was needed and having to wait for that Alchemist to deliver, and then getting back with the member so that the keg could be picked up. Because we are not all online at the same time, I think the inventory method is advantageous. However, I'd not want to devour some house's available storage with items gathering dust. We can't do this with all items, especially armor and weapons, but maybe we could pursue it with some.

Strength and HONOR!

Kaatya

If anyone needs a CURE, HEAL or any other KEGS let me know. I was told of the faction vendors and I must say I made some gold from that endeavour. So in return I will gladly make a potion keg for those who need it.

For those of you who know were I live there is a skeleton container in the middle of the pit. It has some kegs for use. Feel free to take one. Most of you all have been friended to my house so I will not be upset if I get back and they are all gone. If they are gone there will be more there the next day. I will try to color the kegs acordingly. If you need armor made let me know. I will gladly make some, no matter the ingots you want it made of. There have been a few times when I said man I need a new helmet and next thing you know I have 10 laying at my feet. What I am trying to say is if you need it I have it or can make it. One keg doesnt take long. Ingots to make a suit dont take long to get.

Tass

Strength and HONOR

You bring up some Valid points Kaatya, luckily most of which have been addressed.

The Empire does have a "treasury" location, donated by our emperor, in our Malas City. Several months ago I began work in setting up this home to function as a work shop, resource storage, item storage, and trades center.

Unfortunetly, this stalled a bit do to internal changes in the guild, and outside presures.

Now that we have rebuilt to an acceptable level I am again requesting we push forward with this endeavour once more.

This home, was dedicated entirely to this function and should have storage capacity to hold stock on most common items, as well as raw resources to make more.

I will be posting more regarding this issue today. I will be asking those whom are able, to step up and assist.