The Anger

Slowly turning the page, Marcas finially feels a sence of peace. He lifts his goblet of wine and stares into the fire and begins to relax. He closes his journal he has been writing and lets his mind wander. Finially, he is accepting the fact he's going to be a father. He slowly imagines himself teaching a young lad the fine arcane arts he has become so proficient at. A soft flutter gently behind him brings him back to reality. He leans back and gently removes the message from zepher's leg. The message reads: " Marcas, I must talk to you. Please come to Olympus so we can speak." Signed Lora. He places his goblet of wine on the table at his side, gathers a small amount of reagents into his pouch, and slowly chants "Kal Ort Por". Almost instantly he inside the safe walls of Olympus. The familiar smell of incence greets him warmly. He slowly begins to climb the stairs looking for Lora. As he rounds the corner, he sees her sitting in the chair looking quite nervous. Something's wrong, and he begins to feel fear for the first time in a long time. Thoughts begin racing threw his head. Is she ok? Is the baby ok? Before he can say anything she motions for him to sit. Slowly, she begins to speak. " Marcas.....I dont know how to say this, so please don't say a word and just listen. Marcas, you're not the father of this child. Those dreams I had, well they were real. And I just know that Anfalas is the father now. So you dont have to worry anymore. I love him, and we shall be a family." Without saying a word, Marcas stands quickly and chants again "Kal Ort Por".

Back inside his home, sitting in the same chair, he pours the last of the third bottle into his goblet and throws the empty bottle into the roaring fire. "How dare he steal her!!" he screams. He slowly staggers to the wine cellar for another bottle. He sits back in the chair and hurls the goblet into the fire and takes a long pull from the wine bottle. He reaches into his pouch and pulls out the ring he has cherished for ages. The gods themselves inscribed it for him to give to his love. He slowly reads the inscription "Glittering gold nor gems fair can to my love compare." He places it back in his pouch and his head begins to swim. He staggers to the bed and passes out.

Swiftly Zepher fly's into the room, and lands on his perch. He waits for his master to rise, but he continues to snore. "Squawk!" He bellows and watches his master expectantly. Getting frustrated at his masters sleep, the phoenix glides to the bed and lands near his masters head. Quickly he pecks his masters head hard and fly's back to his perch. Marcas sits up and rubs his head as room slowly comes into focus. "ok, ok Zepher, just a moment." He pulls the parchment from his leg and reads "All are needed at Olympus for a rescue! Move swiftly and come prepared for trouble." signed Lord Logan. "Wonderful" he mutters as he quickly gathers his things. He places a bowl of food down for Zepher, pats him gently, whispers in his ear, and begins to chant.

As his guildmate's assemble at Olympus, he feels thier eye's prying on him. The anger begins to consume him once again. Trying to keep it under control, he begins to meditate and calm himself. Logan appears and explains what must be done to rescue Stryder. Good, he thinks to himself. Maybe this will take my mind off it. He steps in Logans gate and takes his fury out on the Dark Guardians, ripping thier bones from thier rotting corpses to summon Deamon needed to rescue Stryder. As he places the last of the bone in his pack, he smells the slight scent of Jazmine. He quickly turns to see Lora, and she averts her eyes from his. The anger rushes over him like never before. He begins to scream at her, and then it happens. Without even thinking he begins to chant. The air around Lora explodes in fire, then energy, then brutal cold. She falls to the floor in a heap and he stands above her still screaming. He then goes back to Olympus to find the one that stole her. Anfalas shall pay dearly for this. He sits in a chair, and pulls his hat down low over his face. He waits patiently for Anfalas to arrive. Guildmates move about the room. He pay's them no mind, strictly focused on thoughts of ripping the bones from Anfalas's body like he did the Dark Guardians. "Stand Preatorian" someone speaks. He glances up to see five warriors in front of him. "You are to be detained for you actions." "Please come with us sir." Marcas looks up and sneers. "Not this eve lads" as the air around the warriors explodes. Body after Body falls. The grounds of Olympus are now stained with blood, more guildmates come to assist. Marcas, breathing heavily looks at the carnage. The smell of death lingers in the air, and the bodies of his friends are strewn over the land of Olympus. A familiar voice, once silenced long ago, speaks again for the first time in years. "Yessss Marcassss. Serve me again you Ssshall. Shoulssss for the Guard.dian you gathered.d."

Logan, who on the eve beforehand had nearly destroyed himself in freeing the sage Strider, lies motionless in the bed in his chambers. The sounds of swift hoofprints echo loudly outside of the halls of Olympus. The shreaks of humans in battle could be heard, orders being shouted, blows delivered. The Emperor tried to rise to his feet however, his body would not allow him. Alas, the noise stopped. Before him images of figures appeared, he could not focus in on them. Barely he could make out voices that he once knew...Marcas, Kodoz...many others circled around. Logan still to weak to speak attempted to contact the very mind of the man they guardians sought to bring to justice.

*...Marcas...* Logan was now deep inside his brain. *...Ye Know the crimes ye have commited. Ye know ye mist stand trail for these...*

Marcas' head lowered as he walked towards logans bed. He reached out took the hand of the emperor.

*...Go now with these gaurdians and wait your trail in the imperial prison...*

Swiftly marcas reached into his pack grabing a dark black scroll, he said a few quick words the scroll shook with power. Logans body trembles as the very soul of his crept from his body into the scroll.

Marcas vanished....

Kodoz rushed towards marcas to apprehend him, but as he dives at him he falls comically through empty space. Cursing himself for a fool he smacks his helmet with his armored hand hard enough to make his ears ring, and he slowly accepts the fact that he has failed. His first moments of responsibility now tainted with the sour sense of his misjudgement, He ignores the comforting offered by his fellow guildmates and sends a pigeon to steel and lora, Marcas must be captured. After speaking with Blaze he learns that marcas is being controlled by another evil, and that he must find it and destroy it. He also was told that they must find the ancient scroll of life, and then Blaze lost consciousness, and awoke not remembering the conversation. Wearied by his constant state of alertness since the night Marcas went berserk, the warrior retired to his house to sleep on the cold slate and think about all that must be done in the days to come. Such dark times hadnt happened since Wolf was takenover by the evils of another source. All his thoughts drift away however as his body loses consciousness and he dreams the dreams of the honorable...

Edited by kodoz

I have been away from the realm as of late. Dealing with issues and people from my past.

I came to Olympus tonight because I recieved a pigeon that things were not well.

Regretably I arrived after all had left.

I did notice a parchment upon the emperors throne. The handwritting seemed familiar.

Allow me to repeat it here for you.

"Your so-called Honor empire is crumbling around you. Your ranks are divided. You are weak. Even know your emperor lies upon his death bed. You all have been told to turn out "The Traitor." You have been warned not to give him refuge. Soon death will come for him and all who stand in our way."

I have heard statements similar to these before. I ran to Emperor Logan's room but I was turned away by the Praetorians standing guard at his door. I was not known to them. I understand their actions.

Who is this "traitor" the parchment spoke of? Why did Marcas attack Emperor Logan?

As Blaze stood in the doorway of Lord Logans chambers he peered across the room at Kodoz who was deeply in shock holding himself aginst the wall yelling "I should have knew better than to bring him here!!!!" as i crept closer to him I placed my hand onto his shoulder speaking softlly "Kodoz...its not your fault you did as you were ordered to do..." with that kodoz rushed down to the main hall as i followed i noticed the others gathered around Kodoz as he explained the situation to them of marcus wrong doing....But Suddenlly my body was overwhelmed by a force i have never felt before..... all i could har was a screaming soul from deep off in a dark place.....i could also hear daemons casting spells and shrill laughs as this sound of a tormented soul was....was... that of Lord Logans!!!

I cried out to Kodoz and told him of the screams and before anyone could say another word my body burst into a bright blue light knocking me into a coma causeing me to fall to the bench beside me.. there the spirit of Logan was somhow channeled into my body where he spoke to Kodoz and all that would hear him.He spoke of the daemons that help him captive and the tourturing that he was under while he is within the scrolls deathlock...he spoke of the Scroll of life and how only it can free him but before any qestions could be asked he was gone as quick as he came leaving Blazes body in the floor cold and shivering...

when I came to i relized that i had been overtakin by the spirt of the great leader when informed by Kodoz. While unable to explain what went one i decied to try to reacha power greater than taht known of the humans... the Anceint Council of Elfs....when i entered the trace of elvenish ways i began to speak in such form of Elvenish that the Humans about me looked in horrior...the elders informed me of the were abouts of the Scrolls and what its purpose was the elder directed me to find the one they called Cheblis among my fellow bretheran to allow him to show me to the site of the stolen scroll.

As i walked outside of Olympus I came across Cheblis standing along two great powerful Kin-rins which appeared battle ready.. we made our aquantince quick knowing the parel of our lord he quickly also informed me of the Scroll of life and where if was at... he said he also could take me there but that it was guarded by the great lichs and undead creathers of the nether world... so we made hast to the lands of the Pixes in Ush/ Spirtualllity. we brisklly made our way into the forest and made it to the cave with little friction on the way. he told me of the evils that lurked here. we slowlly crept thru the entracne of the cave, it smelled of rotting bodies and soppiled bloodnothing other than DEATH....we slipped thru the cave with great ease but as we passed the great hall of the cave the walls appeared to say "Dare you Enter and You Dare to Put your Life in Danger!" this came as no surprise as all of a sudden lichs began to spring fromt he shadows....with that Chebils odered his mighty animals to attack as i drew my silver ax to do battle...the fight seemd to last for hours but once it was over it made our qest much easier... we slowlly kept thru each hall eleminating foe anfter foe in dearch of the Scroll of Life.... we later came to the end of a huge Meeting hall and at the end lay the scroll unpretected as if not of any importance of all...Cheblis picked it up and said, "well that was easy enough hu?" about that time the walls seems to crash down while thousands of lichs sprang forward screaming and laughing...as was thought ot be lost until a trio of comfoting words rang out "VAS REL POR" opening a gate to Olympus we sprang in as a lich lord ripped my cape from my neck.

while fell thru the gate to the other side i looked over to him and said "yea easy enough hu?" then we both laughed until once moe rwe notived the scroll laying on the ground.....I walked over and picked it up and looked to CHeblis..."so what to do with it now?"

As the two, Blaze and Cheblis, stand pondering the safekeeping of the scroll the animals of the forrest started to gather at Cheblis' feet. The birds of sang songs of tidings from an ally in wait. So the two set off on yet another journey, nearly on the heals of the last. Weary and roadworn the two followed the endless flocks of birds and herds of beasts that lead the way. After some hardship they finally arrived at their destination...not knowing what to expect. From the sky a being appeared almost as by magic, yet the two did not fear. The being, held aloft on mighty wings, exuded an atmosphere of total peace, though they could also feel the might of the power wielded by this being against those of evil. Asgrath was his name, and he spoke to them in their minds. He told them that his people were the original guardians of the scroll before a great evil and a tearing apart of the lands occured and it was lost. He offered to protect it again until it was needed for the upcoming task...whatever it may be.

As Blaze and Cheblis made their way home, they pondered the events, and tried to discern what should be done with the scroll. They felt suddenly drawn to the East, and just over the next hillock they spied a cave...well known to them. They entered and went back to the waiting throne. They knew this ritual well, the two, so Blaze offered to be the host. They called upon the diety to give them guiadance. Blaze shook as he seated upon the throne, and was immediately drawn up into the air. He spoke in a voice that was both booming and quieting. The words were in an Ancient Elvish tongue, long unspoken. It spoke of clensing, and neutrality. Two halves meeting in the middle to wipe the slate clean. It also assured Cheblis that the Evil that had once taken him could no longer affect him. Then Blaze's body slowly settled back down to the throne. The two pondered these words...what could that mean? As Blaze stood, a jar fell from his pocket, spilling white paint onto the floor, forming the shape of an ANKH. Then they had it! The paint of the savages made one neutral in the face of their enemies and the words of power spoken at the shrines had the ability to refresh karma. Perhaps the answers had come to them (though they did jest at the blatancy necessary for them to get it...but give them a break they had traveled long)...

Following behind the others this eve Lora , was quiet.,, Some thought it odd , others thought , Probably the babes as they were due to be born soon but knowing that Logan and Marcas both needed he r help she went forth but of no use really to them,. distracted and mumbling

Was when they reach the cavern of mushrooms that she knew.....riding forward to confront Marcas , the battle begun, the first fell , As lora rode swiftly to engage , she did not she the minion behind her which quickly knock her off her mount, seeing the others busy and engaged with Marcas ..she lets out a cry as Kodoz looks up to see her Fall but knows he cannot help her as he stays his ground besides Steel,, He yells out , Someone quick check on Lora she has fallen.....And he glances back to see her body just disapear..........Johnny moving quickly to where Kodoz as glance , Looks around,,,,Kodoz he Shouts , she is not here... What i saw her fall....... You look for her he shouts as the rest battle to free Logan......