Just out of curiousity

Vens Bluesword

As some of the more elder THE members might know (Borg and Greg are the only ones that I think I've ever really interacted with though), I use to be in PGoH about 2 years ago in UO.

Now, we didn't exactly get a good relationship going, I was already too young to be in the guild, but got in due to pull from Cedric. I was an extremely immature individual (I was only 14), constantly interupting the Decurion during a hunt and had quite a few verbal arguments with Sion. This eventually got me kicked out of the guild, in which I took rather badly.

A while later, after other guilds and other things. I created a new character named Eowithramir and joined PGoH, which was shortlived because I left UO after a few weeks.

Well, I will soon be *hopefully* purchasing Shadowbane. It depends on my financial situation as of next month. Anyway, this message board is my main source of wanting to buy the game but with my history, I am concerned if I would be accepted to the guild.

I will still be using my old Vens Bluesword name, but I am 16 now. That is the age limit still correct? And I also feel that I have matured at a person too.

Anyway, I just felt that I should post this. I will wish to join DoA once I am able to reach Ardan in Shadowbane, and am able to contribute. I just want to know if I will be welcomed or if my past is going to hurt me.

If they wont take you, apply to Sanguine Wild

muhahaha!

(now they gotta take you just to prevent you from joining an alliance they don't like :D )

You may join DoA. The problems of the past of Vens Bluesword will not be mentioned. I look forward to seeing you in game again (especially a more mature Vens) :D

Alright guys. Thanks. I guess I should start reading up on Shadowbane again so I won't be totally confused when I get to Aerynth. Ardan is on the nothern continent near the mountains, correct? I'll probably wait til I'm near R2 to start traveling up there. I'm hoping to get SB for my birthday (which is tomorrow, hooray for me being 17!), so I hope to see you all soon.

I figured I'd post here one last time.

I got SB today. It wouldn't work on my home computer (Some OpenGL warning thing), but I played some at my school. It plays kinda like Diablo meets Everquest. I like a lot. I only got to play for 20 minutes, so I'm currently at level 2 only (Rank 0).

Anyway, yeah, if anyone here is running a TNT2/TNT2 Pro, and got the OpenGL warning, could you tell me how to fix that? I know that TNT2 is SB compatiable, but I don't know how to make it work.

One more thing: I have no clue to where I am :)

Vens,

When you launch SB there is a link to the support site. Visit the support site and search for that error. I was having the same problem. There is several different fixes for that error depending on the vid card you are using.

As far as location: Just make sure you are on Mourning server. I suggest hunting around Hamlet of Wainthorpe for at least your first ten levels.

Yeah, I made sure to be on Mourning. I know where you guys are, I just don't know where I am. As soon as I get back in the game, I'll be sure to get my general coordinates and general area that I'm in. I know its some sort of fortress.

As for the card thing, I already searched the technical support thing, but they only had the solution for the GeForce. I asked for help, but there's been no reply yet.

Finally, I got it to work on my computer. I'm currently level 3, but close to level 4.

My current location is the Fort Troidan area (oh, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP from Ardan). I plan on hitting level 5 in the area I am in (maybe just 4) and then heading out more, maybe towards Knightbridge or whatever its called.

Hope to see you guys soon.

A few tips, you can use the runemaster at the ToL to gate around cities. Just click on the last option and then click on the one about leaving the guild or how to leave to another town. Something like that. You will be removed from the guild and will be bound to the new one. Note that once you join our guild you will be unable to do this.. since you will be kicked out the moment you use the runemaster to go to another town (forces you to join the guild of the town you are going to).

Archived