No Longer Members of guild

Hinil

Mourtimer is leaving guild as of 4-27-03.

His reason for leaving is pretty basic and has probably been heard before

He is leaving because too many ppl in guild are unwilling to try new zones and new mobs, he is bored with always doing the same thing

If we are able to move into new zones and new raids on a regular basis he will be more then happy to return to us

He has no intentions of joining another guild at this time

I believe that this reason is just as important as lvls for highend gamers that come into the guild because new zones make the game exciting for them again

Let me know if you have any ideas or what we can do to accomodate the high ends along these lines

I don't want to lose him....I recruited him and have been very happy with the choice...but I can't stop him either. I wish we could do something about these defections. I feel like we are failing abit. Sorry. Makes me sad..

always "trying" new zones is not always the best thing. We are at the point where most of us are feeling the lack in our regular kits (equipment) and want better, but now know that the Bazaar is not gonna be the place for it . No drop items are what we are beginning to need.

The hardest part of that has been the chase for epics. hat has been the priority and if you think about it, epic were introduced by the Kunark Expansion and that was 3 expansions ago. Luclin, PoP and now LoY have moved the higher end hunting into "other" zones. We are focusing on epics, and that keeps us in OLD zones.

I myself have given up on trying to wait for the burnt book - it will have to be obtained one day off of one of the outdoor dragona we wil one take down as a guild. My plans are to XP AA until I get run 3, then I XP to level 55 (some of my best spells appear then) and then I can XP AA points for about 30 points. After that, I will level to 60 and XP AA again. My time in EQ is now limited. I am playing my character in this way to max him as best as possible, to make him more effective. I know a lot of people say levels is everything, but I have been reading on the PoN board and many higher level pallies say they wished they had done it this way rather then run for levels.

And so, Mourt's leaving, while regretable, sounds like someone wanting more and not realizing we are "stuck" in these zones for a reason - Epics. After epics we planned on heading into more raid formats, new places, PoP plagging, etc.

Sometimes, the methodical approach is plodding and dull, but it nets a great reward with seasoned players interacting as one and making higher level places easier to manage.

We have now taken on 3 epic-level mobs almost solely from within the guild alone and succeeded with minimal loss to us. THAT is a significant thing to claim. And it shows we are getting MUCH more effective.

Lets try new zones as we can. For example - I have Ally CoV Faction, but have never ben to CS, SF, nor to ToV . 'Bout time you say? I think so.

I have posted many, many times about new zones that we should go and check out...I have got a few responses and then it dies. The Grey drops some really good stuff, Dragon Nacropolis has some awesome things and very good xp ( dungeon )...I can name several more that I have mentioned. Everytime I bring it up in guild chat, no one seems interested. I cant drag them there kicking and screaming.

It's sad to see mourt go. He is a great necro and a nice guy. Although i never heard him say he wanted to travel elsewhere i'm sure he and other people are thinking the same thing.

On the raiding new places, everquest is a tier based game. In order to move up in the tiers you need to camp the hell out of the previous teir. Tiers for armor generally go kael (or hate/fear), hot in tov, ntov, high end luclin, then pop tier 3+ zones. It is suicide and fruitless to try and venture into the higher tiers without the majority of members in gear from the tier below. As much of a pain it is to continually hunt in kael for armor, it really needs to be done.

We do need to start hitting chardok and learning the zone, even if it's just one or two groups to learn the path down to the royals. The cleric epic(s) should be the number one priority of this guild right now and should stay the number one priority until 3 or 4 clerics have them. Once this happens, we should be very capable of adventuring around norrath.

Me, Zanthissar, Mourtimer, Isildur (my bf), Lyythos, and Jammun went to a little place called Cazic Thule last night and, well, left with a whole lot less experience ;) However, even after I died 5 times, I would have gone back and tried it again. This might have been what Mourtimer was talking about before in that we don't try new places. It's an old-world zone, but it was sure new to me. We could have gotten the hang of it and really whooped butt in there, but that's something we can't know until we try. And who cares about dying if we have 96% rezzes and free kei? Not me! We all had a lot of fun, and I'm thinking maybe we take a few groups there one day. Zanthissar can make Tae Ew armor (we were tying to get the items needed for a Tae Ew Shield for me), so the things we loot can either go for items for guild members specifically or to sell for the guild bank. This is a tough zone, but we can do it! And it would make the higher levels feel better, since they could use their abilities to the fullest. Just something to think about for the future and once epic raids are taken care of... or if you just have a death wish like me :D

I have tried a few times for CT, there are many items that drop there for high end tradeskills and also many nice items that just drop there, everytime I have tried I was not siccessful but I will try again soon

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno what's going on with Stooski. Before the first time he removed himself, he sent me a tell saying he was "leaving the guild." And I asked him why and he gave no answer, but in guild chat he was saying that he was going to sell his account. Then I heard he was asking to be reinvited because he "accidently" removed himself. He was reinvited, and then removed himself again. That's all I know, but he should definitely not be invited again.

Archived