Work Day, Sat May 3, All Day (EST)

Rumblebore

I said I would give 2 weeks notice and failed to give it for this Saturday.

So, Saturday May 3, from 12:00 AM EST to Midnight same day (11:59:59 PM) will be the work day.

Please work with others or come up with your own way to spend some time that day in either plat making or item obtaining ventures that can benefit the guild bank.

If you have a reasonable reason to not participate or a special request to exempt yourself, yet still want to be able to play that day, then simply ask of an officer and we will work with you to be exempt. We do ask for as many people as possible to participate and to see what we can accomplish.

Groups pre-planned and ready to raid and loot are great ideas, and any of the other ideas mentioned are good samplings of what can be done.

Have fun, enjoy your time in EQ, and I hope to see you sometime that day.

For Svinter:

12:00 AM EST (Saturday) is 9PM PST (Friday) for me (in California), so from that time (9:00 PM PST on Friday) to 11:59:59 PM EST (which is 8:59:59 PST on Saturday) any thing I collect during those 24 hrs will be considered for the guild.

???

i know i dont post much but amazingly enough some times the silent bard speaks.

i have afew questions about how this is going to go down.

1. what exactly do you want us to do, just go about a noraml day of playing. no real change in pace as to where and what you are hunting, or should i try to farm/ loot things that will be benificial to guild.

-example- ( i log-on, i send some tells to who ever i want/need to talk to, i ask guild if anyone needs me. 50/50 then i go to PoK and go lfg, 75% of the time i get a group in PoN. high end PoP groups = i get no loots except a roll on parchments and/or the few other drops there that actually have worth. right so i ping pong groups in there like 5-8 hrs, at end of day i have looted maybe 10-30 plat worth of trash and maybe a few tradeskill items.)

or

i goto RM or CoM, or grimforest and farm cash for 5-8 hrs and make acouple K in cash for guild bank.

or

i find out what items are basicly needed/wanted from rest of guild and use my knowledge of game to help get drops they need/want. i havent been around the longest I'm sure, but me and vinne been around the block enough times to know where some goodies drop.

2. ahhh no real need for 2 so screw it, i think you get what i am getting at :cheeburga: right , oh one last thing if i farm items for guild, i'll do what i always do and just hand them to whatever guildie i really feel like at the time i get them. ask around, this system works pretty good.

love,

jammun

Jammun,

The main idea is this ~

~------- IF ---------~

~you log in to play on this day we ask that your looting be contributed to the guild bank.

If you want to come on and just XP and in the process net a few plat and maybe a drop item, please contribute that stuff to guild bank.

If you want to come on after planning a time and place with 1 or more peeps, and do a mini raid/xp sessiion, then please contribute all loot from that event to guild bank.

If you come on and make a few tailored items to sell in bazaar and manage to sell 2 before the 24 hour period is up, we ask that the proceeds/profits (after your costs) are contributed to the guild bank.

If you come on and can teleport for plat, and only stay a few hours, we ask that those funds/items donanted to you be contributed to the guild bank.

Etc, etc, etc...........

The idea is to be creative. I saw some discussion last night about a group that may be forming for a raid to a specific zone on that day.

And let me show you how this could help.

Zymmit just reached 60 and there was about 45 minutes of the offisers working together to buy him a KEI spell scroll. We got the plat together and now we have a Chanter with KEI!! That was about either 20 - 30K in plat we came up with.

The guild bank was at 20K last I heard about 7 days ago, and now, if reimbursement from the guild bank to the officers were to take place, we would be drained. (FYI - I am pretty sure there is not a single officer who contributed who is looking for reimbursement - they INVESTED that into ONE player so that the Guild can have a Chanter with KEI - for our own!!) The purpose of this day is like that - to invest in the bank and to have resources available for special items, funds to help people out, etc.

It is for just this type of special circumstance that an idea like this may benefit in the long run.

I am not saying we are gonna walk away from this 10, 20, 50K richer. But I do hope that 1) people creatively use this day to help the guild/family of SLoT as a whole, at least this once; 2) have fun grouping, soloing, XP'ing, whatever, while looting up a storm, or3) just have a great day with friends.

If you cannot/do not wish to join, just ask an officer, please state why, and I am sure an exemption from participation will be given.

Hope this helps a little.

May 3rd is a bad day for me , generally Saturdays are not available for EQ. However I think this is a good idea so I am assuming its ok for me o dedicate another day, hopefully with Guild members or solo if need be and contribute the proceeds to the bank. Anybody else that Saturday doesnt fit want to get together May 1 (Thursday night) with a 50 Shammy for alternate feed the guild bank night?

I would be happy to dedicate a seperate day to work days as well. I too have a similar problem I am not often on Saturdays or weekends at all till Sunday. Hhehe that is because that is the day my GF takes off to go home again LOL.

I see no reason why people, if they know they cannot be there on Saturday, make some time on another day with others to do the same thing as work day does.

Thanks for supporting this everyone.

I will try to pick up with whatever groups i can get to.

I will look for officers to dump loot on as I will likely log on for a while , have to log off for a while and so on etc..

Hope I can find peeps to give to or will just keep giving tells for accounting purposes and a later hand in.

Cya,

Good Fortune to us all,

Bucephalus

:D

Dulak is the best :smash: PoI has good stuff, but mostly are just bought by people in bazaar, so that takes a while. PoN is good also, but it's a tricky camp... the slaurghs by the dock. The cyclops in OOT actually aren't too bad either.

Archived