Introducing the Work Day

Rumblebore

This is to let all members know the Leadership in the guild is about to initiate a new activity that we will be expecting all members to participate in, IF THEY ARE ONLINE at the time of the activity. There are 2 purposes for this activity: 1) To promote membership contribution and ownership of the guild as a whole, and 2) To build up the resources and coffers of the guild.

The activity is called a Work Day.

The concept is this: for a 24-hour period, all online activity during this time that nets the player coin or loot, what ever level of loot (with obvious exceptions – No Drop Items for instance), will be turned in to the guild bank. There will be exemptions to this, and I will discuss a few possible examples so that the concept is clarified.

Please note however, there will be the EXPECTATION of participation and expectation of honesty by the membership. This is not to say we are trying to make slaves of the membership to go out and loot, loot, loot. You will see after a few examples are given.

EXAMPLE 1) Grouping for XP. Lets say a group of 6 goes to the PoI and spends about 5 hours before most people leave for the rest of the day. This is done during the 24 hours of the work day. During this time, many coins and items are looted. It would be expected that all coin goes to the Guild bank, all items that are basically yard trash will be sold off and coin given to guild bank, and the better items will be given to guild bank to be distributed to membership as they are needed by players or to be sold off/traded for platinum in the bazaar by our mule. No Drop items will be dealt with by the group as they drop. Known Quested items become the property of the Guild. (please note, this same group could go to the same zone and attack the same mobs any other day and keep all these items as theirs.)

EXAMPLE 2) Camping Spawns. We recognize that some spawns need days of camping. For example, many people have camped the AC in OOT for days before getting the Ring needed for the J-Boots Quest. In this example, it would be expected that if the Ring drops on the Workday, then that item IS THE PLAYERS. However, it would be expected that all other coin and items dropped would be for the guild bank, but ONLY the coin and items that drop during the time the player is online during the Work Day. Starting a camp on a Workday that has been announced and getting the Ring would be considered the Guilds for a MQ, to be used at the leaders discretion.

EXAMPLE 3) Epics – There are some items for an epic quest that are NOT No Drop items, meaning they can be looted and handed over to someone else. However, it will be the understanding that those ITEMS that are Epic Quest Items will never be required to be turned over, if the Questor/Player is the intended recipient of the item. In other words, getting a piece for YOUR epic on that Work Day means the item is YOURS. There is a notable exception to this.

Exception - - - Lets say a group goes to Lower Guk with intent to hunt there on Work day, as well as to maybe get the Shiny Metallic Robe to drop for the Enchanter Epic. And an enchanter comes along to group. Since this mob can be camped on other days as well, and the intent is clearly to loot LGuk for Work day (Primarily), then it is fair to expect the SMR to be looted for the guild. That means that the robe can still wind up in the hands of the Enchanter who attended and worked LGuk, but it will be an officer/leader decision. And let me also say this – in this case, it is likely any officer will say the first robe is the ‘chanters who attended the raid and he/she can loot it for themselves, and that they hope to get the next 1 or 2 or 3 for the guild. There WILL BE FLEXIBILITY by the officers. We will not depriving players of epic/special items.

If the item drops and is not really expected nor sought after by the player(s) then it WILL be considered the guilds and is asked to be turned in to the guild bank.

EXAMPLE 4) Soloing for XP/Loot – This one is totally on the honor system. I used an example in officers board of a day where I played and alt and camped at SplitPaw lair entrance and hunted solo the gnolls there. I looted a pair of gloves, a Dagger of Dropping, and several Preserved Eyes. In my case, I would have turned all that loot and coin over to the guild bank, or maybe sold the eyes off and gave the coin, etc. The point here is no one is around to watch over you, and it will be up to you to honorably submit what you have obtained.

EXAMPLE 5) Using Your Abilities. Druids and wizzies could spend hours teleporting and turn in that coin, buffers can buff for coin, Shammies can make potions and sell, Mages can summon things (like rings of levitation) and sell in auction or sell in bazaar in Trader Mode (I have seen the rings for sale before), Smiths can make and sell armor pieces, Tailors can craft armor and sell, etc. In these cases, it is understood that the PROFIT from these sales will become the guilds – you have the full right to recoup your costs FIRST. Or maybe you will craft an item or two for the Guild to sell off for the guild. This is an area where you the player can be creative.

In all this, please round up to the nearest plat piece all the coin, and ask officers what they think of this item, and that item, etc. With our higher levels, we have the ability to for groups that will hunt higher zones for things like spell drops that can be given to needful members when they get to the point the level and need the spell, gems, shards, pieces of armor, etc. Lots of things can be planned and hunted.

The purpose for this is to relieve Eldoran and a few others of always spending their extra time collecting items, and selling items, leaving little time for just playing the game, as well as investing some of your time and effort into OWNING the guild. Your help in this may net us an Aego Spell that a cleric needs later on, so we don’t have to spend 10’s of thousands of plat to get it for our clerics, etc. Your help may net the gems needed to complete someones Thurg armor piece. Your help may give us the plat to buy that new weapon that your main char needs to make them uber. There are many possibilities with this.

However, there will be a reasonable expectation on members to participate, but we will NOT BE HEAVY HANDED with this. We WANT your participation, but are flexible enough to give exemptions out.

If you have problems with this, ask me or any officer about this, although the idea of this comes from my research into what other guilds are doing.

Please be prepared – we will announce a day soon when this will take place.

Also, we will try to keep this a once a month event. Maybe the first day will produce little, and maybe another day will produce a lot. In any case, lets have fun with this, be creative, and don’t be afraid to get a group together to make something special happen.

Thank you all.

Well I dont know if you expected too many posts about this or in game tells but you know me Rumble lol I always speak up. O.K> Here I am reading this thinking what in the world is this guy thinking? Hes out of his mind.(well we always knew he was but hes over the edge now) hehehe.... Sorry anyway, here I am reading this and I can feel my blood pressure rising... WHAT!!! A work day? I work every stinking day of my life why the heck would I want to work when I am playing? (remember this is all running through my head now) I play this game to relax and have fun I dont want my hard earned stuff going to a guild that doesnt plan anything for me..... Then I stop and get to the other parts of his post that says lets have fun with this... What do I hear in guild alot? hey we have any EXP groups getting together? Who wants to form an EXP group? I dont normally hear ohhh this mob is up and it drops something nice or lets go to Rathe and loot some plat off the giants no its always EXP. It actually sounds like fun. I dont know about anyone else but I and Rebma have a trader that makes Lots of Plat for us. The plat we get on groupings and duoing is minimal compared to this.... Would I care giving that away one night? Heck no... not if it means that the guild can afford another fear raid for my epic or a VS raid or a KK raid for my epic. However I can say that if I participate in something like this you can expect I will expect more from my guild and more from my guild leadership.... Trust me I have High Expectations too. I am a team player but that works both ways... I came back because I like alot of you and I missed yall I missed the groups and all of the fun we had I used to be an officer I loved being on the team you can expect that attitude from me trust me....I may not always agree with you and I will not be afraid to voice my opinion I hope that will not be held against me.... oh and if this was at all confusing let me put it short to you Rumble... I will support you in this.... :)

Synthania

Wizard (soon to be Extraordinaire)

I am all for this work day. Surely for just one day we can put our money towards the guild bank. We can only give back that which we receive, so if people want to see the guild help them out, we need to have the finances to support everyone. This can only be done with everyone's help. Even if someone does not like this idea, I say try it out once. We can't know how it will work until it is tried and people give us feedback, but I can see this really helping the guild, especially Eldoran, out.

Dangit Synth, you stole my Avatar. I order you to get your own! :);)

As for the idea. I have like no money ever, and barely make any, BUT I would be willing to give up the little I make (or even that lot I make) for the guild. When/if I get to lvl 60, I'm gonna want kei, but I'll feel like a rotten mooch if I just took it all from the guild, so, if I would do this and needed something, it would make me feel better AND I would be helping the guild out to help another person out.

"Svinter and Gazmek gives this idea two thumbs up."

Archived