Pricing items

Earwen

Ok I'm totally confused and need some help. I want to sell some stuff but have no clue as what to sell it for. Has anyone come up with a system of pricing items now? If so please fill me in.

Yeah, the UO economy has always baffled me :)

Unfortunately, I never seem to have any of the items that people are paying a lot for, so I get angry that my items won't sell for hundreds of thousands of gp and just end up junking all the stuff or holding out waiting for a price that will never come.

Someone once told me "You should price things at what YOU would pay for them" Of course you have to picture yourself as someone would would use this item but wouldn't be able to get it themselves. UO is just a time/money trade off. Anyone can get just about any item themselves given enough time, but they'll pay for it if they are feeling lazy :)

So this helps and it doesn't.... pricing magical armor and weapons is VERY hard. From my experience, only the best stuff will sell (and it will bring in some good gold) but average and even above average magic items tend to have pretty low values. I tend to just give it away to guildmates or new players who can enjoy it :)

e.g. a leather tunic of lower reg cost 4% probably won't sell... EVER, but there is probably a guildmate or new character that would enjoy it.

--Valshea

I can help with many pricings, but be forewarned i usually tend to give low sell prices, as i tell you what i would pay for it or i would personally sell for. I can give you a fair degree of whether anyone would buy or not as i used to be a 'middle class' player in UO with my money situations, so i know the general thoughts and buying prices for most players

The economy is a freakish thing.

Example .. Guy posts on Tradespot -- Paying well for a good Daemon Slaying archery weapon .. Send him a pigeon that I have a heavy, daemon slaying, 36% dmg increase .. He offers 500k for it lol.

*shrugs* I wouldnt have paid 1/5 that, but I like having the check in the bank :)

I dropped all my vendors and now I sort all the best pieces I get into different chests. Then I wait until I see someone on tradespot wanting a piece I know I have and usually make a deal in about 10 minutes. I sold a pair of 115 luck leggings, for instance, that I won't wear (I wear magery/mana/reagent enhancing items rather than luck) for 700k, the transaction took 5 minutes, from 'Hello' to 'You have deposited 700,000 gold into your account'. Much better than I could have done guessing at prices and overloading my house with vendors (which charge sooo much). But this is just my strategy ;)

*Cheblis*

I like the idea odf tradespot but I still have the problem of pricing the items. I had no clue that 115 luck leggings would fetch 700k. My question is how did you come up with that figure?

That one was posted for that price. 'Paying 700k for any Meditable piece of 115 luck" Other I will either ask them to make the first offer, or search for something comprable. I nearly always undercut other, similar items that I see for sale by at least 10%. Example, I had a 120 focus scroll that I sold for 600k because I saw a 120 meditation scroll for 700k. Though if I sell anything to guildmates (which I usually don't, I just give) I charge very little, or what it cost me.

If you are looking to gather a lot of money, I would suggest standing outside Brit bank and seeing what gets BOUGHT, not just spammed, actually bought. Also reading the 'buying' posts on tradespot. Then focusing on gathering those things. If you are gathering blindly and hoping to make a sale, you might be aiming in the wrong direction. Hot items these days (at least for a while) are suits of armor that have a specific property through the whole suit, like luck, or lower reag, or reflect physical damage. You can fetch a cool mil or more from a good suit of armor.

It's a gambling game in the end.

*Cheblis*