The Vote for the new Emperor

Steel DarKnight

Which member should lead us into a new age?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Balandar and Martok, are you going to SB or staying with UO? Id like to know, as you are two of the most experienced in this guild. And we realize Borg has limited in game time and posting time and are not ousting borg as GM, merely declaring immediate leadership for the time that we are leaderless. I wish you two would stay, but understand if SB hold more allure for you. Strength and Honor!

Borg is contacting members to let them know he is LEAVING before he makes any announcement in public......if you were a real life friend of someone, and knew them for many years, wouldn't you rather inform them in person?

I am glad I am entering shadowbane. This guild has turned into a guild of backstabbing powerhungry kids.

Enjoy kiddies.

Martok, im sorry you feel that way. I also wish for you to know that we hold no ill will for our emperor, but must do something in a time of need. we therefore have to choose a new emperor for our guild or it will be shortlived. I am sad that you feel of us as 'backstabbing powerhungry kids' because of one possibly misinterpreted comment from someone else. I wish you would reconsider and return to UO after a short jaunt in SB, but understand your feelings. we still respect and honor our first and foremost emperor, Borg, and i wsih you would help us rebuild. Thank you for your time

I am glad I am entering shadowbane. This guild has turned into a guild of backstabbing powerhungry kids.

Enjoy kiddies.

And this post took me fifteen seconds.

Martok , It seems that the Gripes and voices of a few are outweighing the thoughts and feelings of the many.

There are many of us out here who respect and enjoy the legacy that you and Borg and others in our leadership structure have left us with.It seems that the few who are speaking so unkindly about the way the guild is heading have neither love for the Guild nor Roleplaying.It is also very clear that the few who keep ranting over and over just want to rant.I have seen no posts where these ranters(is that a word?)offer any ideas on how to make things better. Just cheap shots at our leaders and anyone who dares to speak against their rants.

Well let me be the first to say this. It is simple, if you don't like the way the guild is headed The term "I resign from my guild" should be the first words out of your mouth. Not cutting down Borg who not only has done Amazing things for this guild btu who Is one of the few People who Have the love for Uo to keep it going for 5+ years.

I am sorry for those who take offense to this but as has been said by the ranters(again with that word) It needed to be said.

I in no way mean to take shots at everyone in the guild. By far the majority of the members of this guild are the greatest people in the game. (notice I did not say all)

I am now completely retired from UO. While the Martok account will always be active I will no longer be seen in ANY capacity at guild events.

I am once again sorry to hear that you shall never be with us in the hallowed halls of PGoH Olympus, but wish you the best of luck in all you do, and safe journeys.

Any of those three would be great leaders, though I am not sure why we can't survive without one. Mayhap some of us need direction so badly that an autonomous collective is beyond our reality.

What is a leader for? I've never met a President of the USA...does that mean that none that were in office during my lifetime were good leaders?

I enjoy my pgoh family. I wouldn't trade it for the world's best, most attentive Emperor.

Ask yourselves why you joined pgoh.

I don't know what else to say...

*Cheblis*

You have never met a President, but dont you feel better knowing hes there? Uh, err, I thought I was going to be all philisophical, but, uh, ah well.

*scampers off*

Honestly I will be amazed if this reply get read at the end of such a LONG thread, but I am going to voice my opinion anyways.

Now then, from what I have gathered from this thread there is an issue of a few members being frustrated with borgs abcense. I think that is Justified, but unresonable. Any large group of people needs leadership, that cannot be denied. Yet Borg, our leader, cannot be here to lead. He has been gone for some time now, and we have survived just fine. Do people think that by having one person to look up to that suddenly all will be perfect. This empire is democratic, and has an extensive codex that basicly could run the guild itself if we could figure out a way for it to put together events. Borg has given more to this guild (A non-binding group in a pixilated world) then most anyone here excluding parents have given to anything in their real lives. He has invested thousands of dollars, uncountable hours, a river of tears, and a helping hand to anyone he possably can. I understand the frustration of the dissidents, but try to show sympathy to a person who is pushing well over 80 hours a week working. I have done that before and I assure you sitting in front of a computer and dealing with other peoples virtual probloms is not a pressing conscern.

He is our leader, he is also one if the kindest most generous men I have ever met. (albiet in a game, but real life is included here) When I told my friends I was enlisting, they asked me why or if I was nuts. Know what he said? "Thank you Brother." I will never forget those words, because they reminded me of the reasoning behind my descision when even I was begining to forget. Or maybe I should put it in game terms? When I was about to turn in my first high end LBOD but I lacked one small, who droped everything and gave me his, even though it was one of the few good bods he had at the time? Borg. Borg would give anything to anyone in this guild without a personal thought, and I know in my heart that he is pained by his seperation.

Now bear with me folks, I have but two more short points to make. The leaving of elder guild memebers. I dont know if this makes me want to scream or cry. It makes me want to lay waist to the neon pixilated brit bank and destroy every artifact or runic in the game for what they have done. By nature, we humans fight change. It scares us, and it saddens us. I will miss those who are leaving greatly, but I will neither beg them to stay nor question their descision. These changes are a world from nessisary, but I will not try to stop the river with my fingers. I will stay with this guild I love even as the things I love about it slowly slip away like grains of sand through my fingers. I prey for a quick return, and that those I trust (you know whom you are) keep this thing I love so dearly safe.

OK! FINAL POINT! On the actual issue of voting for a new emperor or what not, unless the vote is not about a month from now, I will not be voting. I have been gone three months now, and am too out of touch to make an educated vote. I know all three personally, and know each is able to do the job well, but I will not help to decide who we think will do the job best. I only wish it had never had to come to this, but I know that this guild will rise to any challange, and never fall to internal preassure.

Actually I did read your whole post.

Hopefully all of this will just be another step in the guilds progression.

I am not going to argue with anybody at this point if it is right or if it is wrong.

From what I hear and my few limited encounters with Borg he really is one heckuva guy. No doubt about it.

When did/are you enlisting? And what branch of service?

While I would like to see everybody vote, I understand why you have chosen not to. I can not argue with that logic.

I enlisted just bairly over a year ago, ironicly enough a week before Lord Logan did. (funny story there, I was promoted to knight within three weeks, whereas it took him over a month to make squire, not he is being voted for EMPEROR!!! Bet he never saw this comming!) Either way I just re-read my post and realized it has a strong possablility of comming across either hostile or preachy and I want to apologize. I supporty Stan hell or high water, and the views of others will not sway that, but the fires of change bring the rebrith of of a new era. I will stand by this guild as I can from a seperated standpoint right now, and once I am back in game (give me maybe a week or two here guys, bear with me) I will support it there regardless of policy. I have friends here I number amoung those I have met in real life, and I will no sooner walk away from them then I will from my own blood family. Here is all I ask of those who challange the staus quo:

Our guild was founded upon one indesputable princaple: Honor. With every word you speak, question its honor. With every action you take, question its honor. With every breath that leaves your lungs, question its honor. If ever you are in doubt, seek honor and you will find your answer.

Thank you for your time,

Triston, Lancer of Honor

Yes, exactly Triston...excellent points.

Back to buisness.

After much thought, I would wonder if it were possible to change my vote. I now remember a time when our leadership structure was questionable and SteelDarknight did step up and did an excellent job for that period of time. I think the most important aspect of being a leader "in realm" is: Active Participation.

I believe wholeheartedly that SteelDarknight can fill this role, with ease.

I would appreciate Logan more as our Decurion, as he continues to perform remarkably regarding interaction, roleplay and responsibilities -I would not want to lose that quality of leadership.

Yes, let it be known that the current Poll Count is unbalanced, as SteelDarknight now holds my vote for entry.

Unfortunetly, Thiork unless the voting changes dramatically your change of vote ties the count (one away from Logan, one added to Steel).

The guild itself has faced enough controversey over the past weeks and I wish not to have any more incidents over this vote.

I am honored by your comments and the fact that you remember favorably the time when for all intents and purposes I stepped up and assumed the leadership role. I am HONORed that this time rests fondly in your memory. It was a learning expierence for me. But, as the others would Im sure say, We seek only to serve and protect the Empire.

I did not seek this position activley nor will I allow the oppurtunity to lead the empire into its next age change my views of fairness and Honor. I am simply honored to have recieved the support I have.

My ruling as Emperor pro-temp this week is as follows:

Thiorks change of vote will only count if at the end of voting there is a true tie. At that point it will be the tie breaker. (Which was never considered and gives us the answer if it should arise)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leadership is not granted by title. True leaders are what they are regardless. A title is awarded after the fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strength and Honor.

Edited by Steel DarKnight

You have never met a President, but dont you feel better knowing hes there?

Yes, Elathiel. That Is EXACTLY what I was trying to point out to our members. That just because you never see your leader, doesn't mean that he isn't working his butt off to serve you and better your life. We had enough leadership around to take care of daily things, but even through that, people were so caught up in the newness of AOS that nobody was paying attention to events and such. Now that the novelty is worn, people are coming back to the guild. Let us get back to business.

*Cheblis*

If the events of this past 5 days are a sign of what is to come for the Empire, then I think we all are going to be very happy!

Regardless of who is crowned the next Emporor, the 3 in the voting will still play very active leadership roles within the Empire.

As far as events are concerned, well, Shard events at least, I have taken that role upon myself. Over the coming months we will be hosting a Scavenger Hunt, Jousting Tournament, The Great Race, Archery Tournament, and much more, so get ready ;)

As of Seven PM Eastern Standard time the vote is as tallied

Logan 17

Steel DarKnight 15

Ballyn 3

Due to the fact that their was no "shown" tie. Thiorks change of vote will not be considered valid.

All contraversies, multiple log in votes, change of votes, lack of being able to vote, or any other issues pertaing are now dead.

All hail our new liege

Emperor Logan

Long Live the emperor and the empire he now leads.

Strength and Honor

Edited by Steel DarKnight

Congratulations Emperor Logan and may you serve us well

And Thank you Steel for serving during this week of uncertainty, Your voice this week has been a calming influence to all PGoh members. I hope you will continue to be involved in the upper leadership and setting up hunts! I have really enjoyed Hunting with you this week!

As a few small words

I would like to thank all that supported me and Ballyn.

But, we all now stand behind one leader. I am proud to consider this man my Emperor and my friend.

I ask that you all have patience as he works into his new duties and have respect for the burden he now carries.

Strength and Honor.

HONOR and Empire!

First off i would like to say that i value Steel and Ballyn wholeheartedly, their contirbutions to the empire are uncountable. They are my brothers, They are my friends.

Thank you for your support, I hope each of you voted based on your beliefs and not on popularity. We enter this new age with eyes wide open and hearts fully focused on the teachings of the codex. With all this i have but one thing to say.

Strength and HONOR!!

Logan