OK, heres what Im looking at and a few questions on some things I have:

Necro 62

Mage42

Eval Int 52

Focus 89

Med 45

Tactics 38

Swords 38

ok i know i prolly dont need both focus and med, so ill keep the higher one, which frees up a skill. Unsure about what to pick....anat, poison, hiding?? Ialso heard someone advise me to start working swords quickly before my dex starts dropping.....currently str60, dex58, int 82.

Anybody help me out befor eI mess this all up!!! :p

Replace med with Spirit Speak. It allows you to heal from dead bodies, adds a little punch to your necro spells (if I remember right), and allows you to understand what dead players are saying (Ooo oOo oO oOoo = I can't believe the ***ker killed me! *hit!)

Just remember the draw back to necromancy. If you die as a beast, wraith, or lich your body can be freely looted by any player on any facet. It will not be a "criminal act"

having both med and focus is awesome tho :p

this morning (erm.. yesterday morning i mean) I hit 110 med and 100 focus and the mana regeneration rate is like a road runner on crack :laugh:

No matter what you do you will be gimped in one area or another with that template. You cannot be a Necro/Mage/Warrior. Not enough skill points to go around. You have to have anatomy for swords, else you hit like a what? A girl. From what the devs have posted about spirit speak, you cannot live as a necro without it. I have never tried it without it, GMed spirit speak before AoS. You need med for magery since battle focus alone is twice as slow as Meditation (only diff is you can wear any armor with focus). If you kept both you would have A LOT of mana. Also, the healing skill is almost a must.. unless you have GM spirit speak (might be good enough). Disarming and then casting G-heal while be hit on without protection is not easy to do. And protection lowers magery by 30 points.

Also, I do not know how dex works with the new combat system. Does it still affect your swing speed? If so, if you lower dex, you will swing slow. Unless you have a +25 stat scroll, I can't see a Necro/Mage/Warrior as a possibility. Maybe you could sweet talk a GM into 400 more skill points or so.

OK so basically I have a choice between a Necro/Mage or a necro/warrior. I think I would like a necro warrior i believe,so if i drop med for SS, then drop Mage for Anat, do i still need Eval Int for anything?? Since I have kids under 3, hiding is kinda important, is it worth making room for?

Balandar: Hit like a girl? j/k don't hit me. :0

To the best of my knowledge you will not need eval int if you drop magery.

Do not underestimate the power of the necro spells. I have seen quite a few PVP types complain that the necro's are too powerful. That's a good sign.

Dex is still a factor in swing speed from what I have seen in game.

I heard a rumor that the dev team plans to look at the looting a dead necro issue and possibly change it. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Still to many other things for them to work on.

Hope some of this helps.

Balandar: Hit like a girl? j/k don't hit me. :0

To the best of my knowledge you will not need eval int if you drop magery.

Do not underestimate the power of the necro spells. I have seen quite a few PVP types complain that the necro's are too powerful. That's a good sign. Plus the Strangle spell kind of makes me feel like Darth Vader. :0

Dex is still a factor in swing speed from what I have seen in game.

I heard a rumor that the dev team plans to look at the looting a dead necro issue and possibly change it. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Still to many other things for them to work on.

Hope some of this helps.

Seems to me the looting thing is right on as far as role play goes, I mean your corpse is a beast, wraith or lich, all hunted in here. So If i drop mage and med and eval int hers what i got:

Necro

Spirit Speak

Focus

Swords

Anat

Tactics

thatll leave me with one open. Any suggestions? Healing, Poison, Hiding??

Good point Prometheus. There have been times when a bandage would have come in real handy. Like when the poison keeps interupting my cleanse by fire.

If you have 30 points to spare. Pick up chivalry. You can use the Sacred Journey to recall. The spell costs 20gp to use. Recalls sell for 35gp and up. Save 15 each time. :)

And, your negative karma from being a necro won't affect it.

In my opinion a necro/mage is the best way to go. Since you do have children and you want hiding you will have to sacrafice something or dont let them play that character *laughs* like that is possible!! You can think about these options:

Magery

Eval

Necro

Spirit speak

Focus(only because this allows your mana regeneration with armor)

These are the basic ones you need but also it all depends on rather you will be a PvP necro or a PvM necro, there are a lot of things to take into condsideration. You can add to them or 120 them.

You can add

anatomy and healing

hiding and resist

Posioning and inscription

ANyway ther eare many many things to think about let me know what you are thinking and I will try and help you figure somthing out.